Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2013, 08:56 AM   #91  
Level 5 Vegan

S/C/G: 289/171/140

Height: 5'4"

Rennie, before MFP, I had NO IDEA I ate so much sodium! And once I see it up really high, I know my weight will take a hit - but, luckily, it comes off.

.6lbs down for this week, with TOM raging, so I'll take it. I haven't done my 30 Day Shred in a week and a half, and talked myself out of it this morning - too many cramps. I'm going to meet all the goals of my FitBit flex this week everyday - 10k steps, 2k calorie burn, 5mi walked.
Old 11-16-2013, 09:20 AM   #92  
Operation Less Fluffy

Morning everyone!

PupMom, great job!

Great attitude Rennie! I hear you on the sodium. I went over a bit myself, I am sure.

I made roast with red potatoes yesterday and I always use the bag method with onion soup mix. I am sure the potatoes absorbed a good bit of the sodium but they were delish! I did great though. I only had one serving of each for lunch and dinner and came in under my calories for the day. I did feel a little funky after being so strict with my carbs for so long, but it was worth it!

Have a great day!
Old 11-16-2013, 09:38 AM   #93  

S/C/G: 267.8/252.2/160

Height: 5'10"

This sodium thing is so hard to get under control! I'm over my sodium allowance every day. Yikes. Well I weight-in at 255.2 this morning, if the last 2 weeks are any indicator, now that I've had my little woosh, I'll probably be stuck at this weight for 3-4 days, and I'm ok with that.

Rebelle- When is your official weight-in? Do you weight once a week only? I have not kept to my promises at all. I've weighed myself everyday lol. Thankfully, it's been a good relationship the past few days with a little woosh, but I know the dip is coming!
Old 11-16-2013, 10:38 AM   #94  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Happy Saturday

PUPMOM5, LOL MFP sure does make that light shine . and thank goodness water can wash all of that salt away I think TOM has arrived here also but I never know at this stage in my life. It will come, leave and then come back. I told my son that I will probably do strength training with him this week because I don't know if I want to speed walk.

Thanks rebelle The soup mix has always been salty to me. I would always add extra water, but it does enhance the flavor for sure and the bag just holds it all in .

dolphin I usually do pretty well with my sodium but I knew that TOM had to be near since I was eating things that I (here lately) would ignore.

The boys fixed breakfast this morning, eggs with cheese, cornbeef hash, and pancakes. The smell of it all is making me want to puke I had two slices of Healthy Life whole wheat toast, and tuna. A little crampy this morning but hopefully Midol will help with that.

Have a great day everyone

Last edited by love2b150; 11-16-2013 at 10:39 AM.
Old 11-16-2013, 08:05 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 272/See Ticker/140

I had a good week after last week's 1 pound gain I am down 4.8 pounds this week! Today's weight of 210.8 is probably not going to stay long because yesterday I was way under my calories for the day (felt nasty all day) and today I'm right at the edge of my upper limit, figuring a bounce up will happen tomorrow.
Old 11-17-2013, 08:45 AM   #96  
Level 5 Vegan

At some point in this weight loss journey, I think I need to learn to cook. Just tried to make a new item for breakfast and it was pathetic.
Old 11-17-2013, 09:09 AM   #97  
~Rennie

Happy Sunday

Donna good job on the 4.8 down , hoping for a good weigh in today for ya

PUPMOM5 I know what you mean on the new dish. What upsets me is when that is what I wanted and had a taste for and it's a flop. Then I feel like I'm at a loss and don't know what I want to eat . Hopefully you didn't allow that bump to derail you and found something healthy and good to eat

I stayed the same this morning. Don't want the smoothie that I had planned this morning. I ate a banana, now what? Not gonna eat anything bad but we plan to go to the gym after church and I don't want to be hungry. Gotta eat something that is not full of carbs and sodium

Have a great day Everyone

Last edited by love2b150; 11-17-2013 at 11:43 PM.
Old 11-17-2013, 12:46 PM   #98  
Operation Less Fluffy

Hi everyone!

Dolphin, I am probably over my sodium allowance every day, too because I don't even count the sea salt and cajun seasonings that I use regularly although I try to eat more pepper than anything else. I have to hope that all the water I drink counter acts some of it and so far, I have been very lucky with my numbers at the doctor. I'm sure that day will come though when they tell me to cut back. Oh, and you asked about when I weigh: I am weighing once a month now. I quit weighing daily on the 8th of November and a few days later decided instead of weekly, I would go on and try to do monthly when I measure. The daily fluctuations and hormone cycles were affecting my moods and now I can at least check that off my list as to a cause. That is great that your scale relationship is going swell this week! Absence is making my heart grow fonder, too.

Rennie, hope you are feeling better! I haven't felt that great with this TOM either. I'll be glad when they are gone forever! Hope your gym time was a success! I'll have to look for the Healthy Life whole wheat toast. Is that a specialty store item? I miss sandwiches. I don't mind as much when I eat hamburger because lettuce/tomato wrap does me fine, but turkey day is coming and I wanna turkey sandwich by gosh. I was going to pick up some thins if I can't find anything better and I might even get white instead of wheat. Oh my! Luckily, it is just once a year.

Donna, Outstanding loss!!! Woohoo! Sorry to hear you weren't feeling well.

PupMom I have never considered myself a good cook because I don't use a spice rack and don't know what most of the stuff even tastes like, but I hold my own on southern and cajun dishes. I think it just takes practice on new things and luck on others. I remember once many years ago I made the most fabulous homemade macaroni and cheese for the fam. I tried several times after and was never able to make it taste as good as that first time. So weird. I also think our moods affect how things taste at times.

I had another great day yesterday. My weekly summary: I had a couple of low calorie days that I am trying to avoid this time around, but my weekly average was 1370 calories a day so I am calling it a win for the week. With exercise and a perfect world, I should have lost at least 2 lbs but whether I did or I didn't, I had a good healthy week and I feel thinner. All my winter clothes are roomy and I am swimming in my winter "lounging" attire. I may have to start wearing my bras on the tightest hooks so I won't feel so skinny when I am around the house.

Have a great day!

Last edited by Gemini6; 11-17-2013 at 12:56 PM.
Old 11-17-2013, 11:51 PM   #99  
~Rennie

rebelle, I actually found that bread at Kroger. I was using Nature's Own but the Healthy Life brand is cheaper and the slices aren't as thick. What I like about both is that neither make me want more bread (carbs). When I'm done I'm done. This time TOM is full blast. I learned two years ago that drinking Sprite helps slow the flow, not sure how but it works. My gym time was pretty good. I am proud of myself. I set the treadmill at performance (I think) and it went up to an elevation of 9.0. I surprised myself that I was able to do it. It makes my 4.0 or 5.0 elevation seem flat . I've got to get some strength training in though. Looking at my body makes me shake my head. With all that I'm doing, I'd like to look in the mirror and at least crack a grin . I'm glad this major food day is just once a year also. Great NSV on the low calories for the week and on the loose clothing

I went over in calories today but I don't feel bloated or anything so they must be good calories if that makes sense. I cleaned my side of the closet and my pile of clothes beside the bed. When I pull out something and it doesn't fit properly I just add it to the pile. Tonight I finally asked my little one to throw all of that stuff on the bed (I have no choice but to organize it that way) It looks like a different room and closet . I also cleaned the oven. The boys spilled something and just left it there (REALLY). I don't want them using the cleaner so I cleaned away. I took a two hour nap this afternoon so now I need to make myself go to bed.

Have a good night Everyone
Old 11-18-2013, 09:14 AM   #100  
Mum of 3G

S/C/G: 280/275.2/199

Height: 5'5"

Ughhhhhh It was my birthday last week and I celebrated....a lot. I had a dinnenr out with friends and way too much wine. And then a party at my BFF`s house which she made a ton of salty snacks and I had too many ciders and ate way too much food. Feeling lousy about it this morning as I went up more then what I lost. I`m going to the gym tonight and flooding my poor body with water today to wash away some of this nasty salt.
Old 11-18-2013, 11:44 AM   #101  
Operation Less Fluffy

Morning everyone!

Rennie, we don't have a Kroger so I'll be on the lookout for the Healthy Life brand at the two stores I frequent. Interesting about the Sprite. I know it helps me with upset stomach, but hadn't heard the TOM stuff. Great job on the treadmill! Woohoo!

VGibs, belated Happy Birthday! That is great that you have so many friends that care about you and celebrated with you. We all go through the after birthday flashbacks, but luckily it is just once a year and it is good to blow it out on occasion to keep life fun. I'm sure you'll feel better tomorrow after a day back on track!

My calories were definitely too low yesterday and I didn't make great choices on what I did eat. I was bulk cooking for the week and I find that if I am in the kitchen cooking that I don't want to eat. By the time I finished it was too late for dinner so I just had some empty calories and called it a day. Anyway, I'll do better this week because I have meals planned and ready to go.

Have a great day!
Old 11-18-2013, 12:11 PM   #102  
Level 5 Vegan

So far, meeting my FitBit goals is really paying off - my weight is in a downward trend! Maybe, just MAYBE, I might hit my goal by Thanksgiving. I'm sure going to work my tail off trying.
Old 11-18-2013, 06:58 PM   #103  

S/C/G: 267.8/252.2/160

Height: 5'10"

Rebelle- Oh my God, I don't think I could survive the suspense of having to wait an entire month to weight myself! Good for you! Congrats on the nsv!! Those feel even better than any # on the scale

Good job PUPMOM5! that's awesome
Old 11-18-2013, 10:17 PM   #104  
~Rennie

Happy belated Birthday VGibs, glad you enjoyed your birthday Sorry about the gain but since you know it's sodium, that's the best kind, great attitude … just wash it away

Thanks rebelle, I usually drink cola or ginger ale for upset stomach. But I use to complain about heavy TOM was and two women I worked with kept telling me to try the sprite, I did and instead of using a pack and a half of pads I use half of a pack. …. I need to have a low carb day. I haven't been doing well in that category here lately

PUPMOM5, … great job on meeting your goals that's my request for Christmas, FitBit

Hi dolphin

my back was hurting when I came home from work. I chalked it up to stress but had my daughter rub some aspercream on it anyway. I did almost 3.5 miles so the pain did subside. Hoping for a new number on the scale in the morning. I was up .2 to 181.6 this morning.

Have a great night everyone
Old 11-19-2013, 08:43 AM   #105  
Mum of 3G

S/C/G: 280/275.2/199

Height: 5'5"

How does fit bit work excactly? I've been reading about so many people using it and I'm not 100% sure what it does lol
Closed Thread