Old 10-30-2013, 07:14 PM   #16  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

I'm not much of a believer in events starting things off - traumatic events wear off eventually, 'event' events, like a high school reunion or something can be avoided, there's a million reasons I could always find to change my mind.

i started a diet pretty much 1 monday a month for 25 years, no lie! I didn't do it very well mind you - not much planning or dedication, just thought that the effort of trying for 2 days would pay off and I'd look like Christie Brinkley in no time

Obviously that didn't work so well, and clearly i'm not that bright cuz it took me 25 years to come to grips with what i WAS doing was not working and never was LOL

So I got out of my own way, didn't make a big deal of it but went and talked to someone who could see me from the outside in, but wasn't IN my life, and could help me understand why I was the way I was.

Once I got my head sorted out, the rest fell into place pretty easily
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 08:48 AM   #17  
*Embrace Power*

S/C/G: 332/279.8/195

Height: 5'5

Pregnancy. Before my husband and I got pregnant with our first later this past summer, I was skidding by and losing weight then gaining then losing the same 10 pounds without committing. I just kept putting it off.

As soon as we found out we were pregnant, I decided that throughout this pregnancy I am going to focus wholly on eating right, developing healthier habits with eating and exercising, and sticking with it because our baby needs that nourishment. After our baby makes it's way into the world, I plan to keep those habits an everyday thing, part of our lives. I do not want my child to deal with all of the things I dealt with being overweight and want to set a good example and make sure my husband has the same access to healthy food and exercise (he's in great shape anyway! )

So getting pregnant was my final turning point, for me there is no going back. I know I can enjoy myself with special events and family get togethers or on date nights and not beat myself up for it. My goal is to make wise decisions, but not let losing weight after baby control my thoughts and emotions!
Pink Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 03:07 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 255/238.2/150

Height: 5'10

I decided to lose weight when summer started and i decided to buy new clothes. I went to all the stores and when all the stores' largest size didn't fit me I started to cry. I went home and swore i would lose weight. Hopefully this time I can do it.
mssngheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 11:48 PM   #19  
Badass Brokeleg Bunny

S/C/G: 239.2/199.8/170

I hate that it took an event ... but it did. I kept trying and trying to restart my diet with no luck. Then I got a diagnosis of prediabetes and knew it was all over.

The things, if I get diabetes or not, my diet was going to need to change forever. So I might as well start before I actually have it.

And then I realized that my husband was leaving the country for eight months ... and if I worked really hard I could be at goal by the time he got back. And that has really kept me focused. Usually I worry that my diet is depriving him, but now I can do what I need to ... and if that means soup or cereal for dinner, so be it. It used to be I would feel guilty going to the gym without him, but since he's not here I can go whenever and stay as long as I want.

This is a once in a life time opportunity and I'm taking it!
tefrey is offline   Reply With Quote