Old 02-27-2014, 11:51 AM   #181  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

TheSecondHalf ~ Yes thats good

I'll only get one walk in today and that will be this evening but I'll be sure to walk 2 times tomorrow when Im home for the day if not 3 times that day but my younger brother and his girlfriend and their child are moving in today so Im not sure how many walks I can get in because my younger brother and his girlfriend like watching t.v but maybe they'll be able to get t.v downstairs where they will be staying so that way I can still walk when I need too. Im not saying they have to always stay down stairs but that's where they're stuff is gonna be at but if they spend most of their time upstairs thats okay too, It is gonna start getting nicer outside so I'll just go outside more and walk, That way I can still do my walks no matter what.

Last edited by Terra1984; 02-27-2014 at 12:00 PM.
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 05:11 PM   #182  

S/C/G: 304/294/200

Hi Ladies,

Still at it. Was doing fine, then not, then OK, then not, now OK. I am very tired of having to pick myself back up. I am hoping March will be different.

Terra1984- don't give up your walking for anyone. Just politely tell them you need to walk and ask them to help you get it done. Hopefully they will understand. You are doing great with your commitment to exercise.

Happy Saturday everyone!
CeeJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 10:52 PM   #183  
Skittles

S/C/G: 299/286.8/160

Height: 5'5"

Hi all! I'm really hoping that this will be my only post here, since I'm so close to being out of the 290's...but, nonetheless, I figured I'd start by posting a little bit here anyway. I have a weigh-in on Monday, and am hoping it goes well. Last week was a bad week, however. Stressful times at work on top of a nasty sinus infection meant that I didn't feel or wasn't able to eat the best or exercise like I have been. I'll just keep my fingers crossed, and hopefully will be able to make it to the gym tomorrow afternoon.
oliconnelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 11:35 PM   #184  
Turning Into A New Woman

CeeJay ~ They have t.v down stairs so now I dont have any reason not to walk

I got one 45 min walk in today, Im gonna do better tomorrow though. One is better then nothing so Im still happy with myself.
Old 03-05-2014, 12:07 AM   #185  

S/C/G: 296/ticker/180

Height: 5'6"

291 this morning. So so close...

I have zero motivation, as I'm sure is obvious by my infrequent visits. Who wants to volunteer to kick me in the ***?
ShelBl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 11:06 AM   #186  

S/C/G: 291/240.6/147

Height: 5'7"

Good morning! Still 289 here, still haven't made it to a WW meeting. This week we had Mardi Gras and we've had my niece over a lot so it's been impossible. The kids go back to school next week so I'm hoping to go Monday morning after I put my daughter on the bus. Wish me luck!

ShelBl, I'll give you a shove! Summer is coming and it's bringing shorts with it. Get it in gear!

Terra, you're doing great with your walking!

oliconnelly, welcome! We don't kick you out when you hit the 280s! We're starting a new thread as soon as we all break in there and we'll change the title. Good luck with your weigh in

CeeJay, keep picking yourself up. Hope things are better today.

Fiona! Hope you're still out there!

My mom got some bad news this week - her doctor is pretty sure she has cirrhosis (liver, I don't even know if there's another kind). It seems to be in a very early stage and would explain some of her health issues, although personally I think if they could see a more complete picture of her life (and not just what she tells them) they wouldn't be so mystified as to why her diabetes is so out of control. She does not take care of herself at all. So my little insight for the day: take care of yourself while the damage is still reversible. I am hoping this will shake her up and she'll start to take things seriously. I keep telling her she needs a sleep study and a nutritionist.

Fingers crossed for no rain this weekend. It's been a cold, windy Mardi Gras and our kids have cabin fever. I want to get to the park this afternoon and not freeze my tush off and the farmer's market tomorrow. We're supposed to go to my mom's for lunch so I'm hoping I can show up with some chicken breasts and salad and avoid the hamburgers and loaded potatoes.
TheSecondHalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 09:22 PM   #187  
Turning Into A New Woman

TheSecondHalf ~ Thanks Im happy with my walking

I walked one 45 min walk tonight but I'll be sure to do 3 walks for 45 mins each time tomorrow.
Old 03-10-2014, 08:57 PM   #188  

Helloooo Ladies!!!

I finally hoped back on to the TRYmobile and have had 3 great days. What a relief that is. You know when you have those thoughts that you will never be able to start again? I have been plagued with that lately.

oliconnelly- hope you got out of the 290's and are keeping on going. You can always post here.

Terra1984- how's the walking going? Your legs must love you for it.

ShelBl- how are you doing? Here is your boot in the rear. Like TheSecondHalf said- summer is coming and we want to be more comfortable.

TheSecondHalf- sorry to hear about your mother. That is sad news for her and for your family.

Take care everyone!
Old 03-10-2014, 11:08 PM   #189  
Turning Into A New Woman

CeeJay ~ My walking is going good. Thanks for asking
Old 03-12-2014, 11:04 AM   #190  

CeeJay, thanks. We are still waiting for biopsy results. They seem to think it's very early days but who knows. My mom has been known to lie about or ignore medical advice she doesn't like. I'm glad things are going well for you again! It's tough to get out of a funk but it feels so when you do!

I still haven't been to a WW meeting as I am sick. Again. Yippee. I have sooooooo much to do and I would like to just check out and sleep for a few days (it's probably for the best, it's no good to wallow). Maybe I can go Saturday before our big spring fundraiser at school. At least my total lack of appetite is translating into some (few) lost pounds? Looking for a bright side, here.

Also, for anyone who is having issues with Girl Scout cookies this year, as I know they are a big temptation for a lot of people, I have the cure. Sell them. Have your house full of them. Worry about having maybe over-ordered because booth sales fell in the middle of Mardi Gras and a few locations pulled out and oh my gosh what if you can't unload them??? You'll never want another Thin Mint again (till like, October when you'll be so psyched to find some in the back of the freezer).
Old 03-16-2014, 12:51 PM   #191  

Hello,

Hope everyone is doing well. I have had a terrible couple of weeks in all ways and won't be out of the 290's again for a bit. I would get it together for a day or two and then be off on a complete downer. Oh well, need to put that behind me.

I am reading The Diet Fix by Dr. Yoni Freedhoff- an incredible book that looks at dieting myths and the impact of continuous failed dieting attempts on your emotional wellbeing. What he describes is what I feel like I am living. Anyway, going to try his approach and see what happens. I have nothing to lose and what I have been doing is not only not working, it is most definitely harming me.

Take care ladies and have a great Sunday.
Old 03-16-2014, 04:17 PM   #192  

You might have found the one diet book in the whole world that I haven't read. I will add it to my stack. My theory is if there's any little bit I can take away and use, it's worth the read! Thanks!

Still sick here. I think we are going to have to break down and do allergy tests/shots. I did this in the 80s when I was a kid without it making any impact at all but I hear they are better now. My daughter and I are sick all fall and spring and it's just too much. I haven't been able to hear properly for a month and then you add in colds and flu AND still dealing with the allergies - we are exhausted! We are also trying things like local honey and there's a pro biotic I'm about to put us both on although I freely admit I don't expect much of either. What an optimist!

STILL trying to get to a WW meeting. They have really scaled back on the number of meetings here and they're all pretty much at the same time.

Also, to my great relief, Girl Scout Cookie season is CLOSED for us and OVER. Our kids did a great job, had a great time, but it was our first time running the show as leaders and we had to learn a few things the hard way.

Despite the miserable allergies, I am so excited about warm weather and flip flops and the farmers market and I want to PLANT SOMETHING...like tomatoes or peppers because man, when did red and orange bell peppers get so expensive?

I have very little to report on the weight loss front. I'm holding steady. Anyone interested in an Easter challenge? I don't even know when Easter is. Let me look that up...April 20. That's a little over a month away. I bet I can lose...ten pounds?

Also, does anyone know anything about coconut oil? Because I have acquired a lot of it.
Old 03-18-2014, 11:17 PM   #193  

Angry

Hi Ladies

TheSecondHalf-sorry to hear you and your daughter are still sick. I am sure it is really miserable. I hope once spring hits you will both feel better.

I will talk you up on your Easter challenge. I am not sure how much we can lose but let's go for it!!!

Sorry don't know anything about coconut oil.

PS don't know why the frowny face is on the top of this message but don't think I put it there?

Last edited by CeeJay; 03-18-2014 at 11:21 PM.
Old 03-20-2014, 04:17 PM   #194  

S/C/G: 296/ticker/180

Height: 5'6"

TheSecondHalf Coconut oil is healthy to cook with, and amazing for your hair and skin. It's my second favorite next to olive. It also makes nifty soap, but has to be paired with soybean or it's too soft.

291. Still. >.< But considering that I'm 12 days from being jobless, the atmosphere here is like a funeral, they keep plying us with food because the local leadership feels guilty about decisions they didn't make and I can't get anyone to call me back on the million resumes I've sent out, I'm just going to take the fact that I haven't stress eaten my way to 600lbs as a victory.

Easter challenge! I'm in.

Anybody have suggestions for vegetarian meals that meat eating men will tolerate? I've recently decided to go all cruelty free/humanely raised and treated meat products and more responsible egg/dairy products, and while they're generally tastier they're also very expensive so I've been looking for ways to use less. I tried black bean quesadillas the other night and they were a hit with picky husband. The butternut squash quinoa salad not so much. I'm eating a lot of vegetarian options at lunch since Chipotle is the only place around here that's responsibly sourced conscious, and the upside is that when I gave in and got a burger the other day I was miserable the rest of the afternoon. Yay negative reinforcement!

xoxoxo. Even when I'm being super lazy about the board and not posting, I'm thinking about you guys.
ShelBl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 12:01 PM   #195  

Hello Ladies,

How's everyone making out? Anyone in the 280's now? I have been steadily on track for 8 days today. First time in a long, long time and I feel good. I will be weighing myself Tuesday and am going to only weigh myself every 10 days. I was finding getting on the scale daily was making me too obsessive- once the initial fast drop was over I would get discouraged. I am trying to look at this like if I can lose 1-2 pounds every 10 days that will be fine.

ShelBl - sending you positive vibes while you are having a very sad time at work. I am sure it is hard to keep going right now so good for you for managing to control the stress eating. I admire your decision to look at food that is humane. I think a lot about this too but have not been able to move on it (yet). There are lots of great vegetarian cookbooks out there and good ideas over at allrecipies.com.

Have a great Sunday!

Last edited by CeeJay; 03-23-2014 at 12:02 PM.