290s accountability

You're on Page 3 of 19
Go to
  • Happy Saturday ladies!!

Grocery shopping today. I have a list and a plan, and neither of them include processed or junk food!
  • Hi ladies.. 291 today.. It's been up and down up and down.. Crazy body.. I work Fri Sat and Sun so today I am a zombie.. I don't get much sleep on the days I work because I get to bed by 3 and my son is up bright and early at 6. I'll take a nap today though to make up for it.

I hope everyone is doing great!!
  • Look at us on page 3!!

sassyangies - So little sleep! I don't know how you do it. I'm impossible if I don't get at least 7 hours. I think all of us have had the yo-yos going on lately, just keep plugging along!

285 this morning... I know it's due to barely eating being sick, so now I have to make sure to not get back into bad habits to keep the trend without the coughing and such. Maybe I should patent the pneumonia diet and make a million!

How is everyone else? It's been a quiet few days.
  • Congrats! I'm still sitting at 290! This was a Girl Scout weekend so it was busy and I had some family stuff. It's going to be crazy from now until mid-January.

I'm kind of all over the place - I'm not eating junk but I'm not really eating to lose either. A friend just told me you can buy a week's worth of Nutrisystem from Walmart and even though I SERIOUSLY dislike Walmart, I am considering it. I would like to go on auto pilot for a week and see how it goes.

I FINALLY got some good, well-fitting walking shoes so I'll be walking tomorrow Wish me luck!
  • Hello Ladies!

sassyangies-I can relate to your frustration of seeing 289 and then 294- I am in the same boat. Like ShelBl said this is not unusual and we aren't getting discouraged (right?)!

ShelBl- Yay for grocery shopping with a list and a plan. 285 is fantastic progress.

TheSecondHalf-wow re the Louisiana weather. Today we had -8 C and snow.

For me- today was great after a few day of not so great. I am so ready to be away from these 290's. I just really need to eat no sugar and eat nothing but my planned snack in the evening. Evenings are killer for me. I think I could just eat from dinner to bed pretty much nonstop but I know what that gets me.

Take care everyone!
  • I am also ready to be out of the 290s. Frankly baffled as to what the heck I'm doing here in the first place.

Looked more in the Nutrisystem thing and it seems to involve a lot of bars. I can't see my husband hanging with that for long. We did Jenny Craig (I think I've said this but I'm too lazy to go back and look) and had success with it. It's very easy to replicate. I think we're going to half do that. We both stay really busy so the option of a convenience food (oatmeal, MorningStar Farm burger, pre-made veg burrito, the occasional Lean Cuisine-type meal) with a fresh fruit or veg and then a portion controlled meal would work for us. Snacks are things like cheese and fruit, nuts and fruit, vegetables and dip, etc. We do very well with a very definite PLAN. I can not wing it.

Still holding strong without the DC! I have had SO MUCH WATER but I'm sleeping better recently. Maybe the all-day caffeine-a-thon really was having an impact.

Did not walk this morning due to bus issue with my daughter (between the time she walked way from me and sat down on the bus, something happened. I saw the driver say something to her and when she sat down, she looked out the window at me and like, PLASTERED herself to it and we could very clearly see her say MOOOOOOOMMMMMMMYYYYY which never happens, she forgets about me as soon as she sees the bus. My neighbor said, so I guess you'll be meeting the bus at school? Yup. She was fine, and the issue sorted but it gave me a kind of nasty feeling and I'm glad I went to check), followed by errand running, now I'm having lunch, more errands, and Girl Scout service unit meeting tonight. LOOOOONG day.

It is SO HOT. SO SO SO HOT. We should've gone swimming yesterday but I had my niece with me and she was coughing so we decided not to. If it must be 85 in November, we might as well enjoy it. I have to go change out of this long sleeve shirt, though! I do miss being able to get a bit lazy about pedicures and leg shaving like I did when we lived in the northeast. Down here, shorts and flip flops are never far away.
  • TheSecondHalf - So jealous! 63 here today and it was 40s yesterday. Yo yo weather in the high desert. In a few more weeks I'll be wishing it was back in the 60s though! Going home to Michigan just before Christmas, so maybe after a few days of humid cold and lake effect snow I'll be grateful for Utah winter again.

Being able to slack off on pedis and shaving is a bonus, though, I'm not even going to try to argue that.

Your poor little one. Glad everything got sorted.

CeeJay - Let me know if you figure out your evenings. I've been in the habit of eating a bowl (or two) of cereal before bed for so long that I find myself halfway through one before I even realize that I don't want it. It's just one of those things that my brain associates with shutting down for the night. I know it's the creaminess of the milk, so trying to sub herb tea or whatever hasn't helped a bit.

sassyangies, RoyalAthena, how is it going?

286.2 this morning. Not surprised!! I'm starting my juicing again because I felt a lot better on it. There's research that it stalls weight loss though unless you're doing a total juice fast, which just isn't really practical for me right now. No coffee on a juice fast!!! I'm really only thinking of those that have to deal with me every day.

Happy Monday and start of a great week. We can do this! Happy Veterans Day to any of you that are or have Vets in your life.

"Make good choices!" - Becca, Pitch Perfect (My favorite movie. Don't judge me!!)
  • Hello

Just popping in to say I saw 287 this morning. Yay.

Have a great day everyone.
  • OMG, I love Pitch Perfect! I actually went TO THE MOVIES to see it (and I never see grown up movies at the theater, it's always kids movies) and then I bought myself the DVD and soundtrack. When I was watching the movie, I kept saying to my friend - does this look like LSU to you? Doesn't that look like the quad? Doesn't that look like the old pool? Doesn't that look like our music building? It was shot at LSU! I was there for a looooooong time, I know LSU when I see it.

I am finally 289.5 this morning. I am going to count that as the 280s, even if I just squeaked in.

Congrats, CeeJay!

ShelBl, you'll have to tell me more about juicing. The no caf part sounds scary. Is it literally all juice? I'm not going to go out and get a juicer, but I have no idea where a person even starts on a juice fast.
  • TheSecondHalf Hah!! Love it. We bought it on instant watch on Amazon, and generally at work I have a few hours to just do case work and emails and such so I can have my headphones in listening to music or watching something.... I've seen it somewhere in the neighborhood of 23 times now. I MIGHT be a tad bit obsessed. I'm trying to wean myself off by watching Once Upon a Time, which I'm loving.

Yay for 280-somethings!!! We'll definitely need to change the name of the chat soon.

As far as the juice thing, I'm just doing it as a breakfast/mini-lunch thing, and then eating "real" food for dinner. I need to get back in the habit of it... I was doing juice with green super powder and a protein shake with banana, greek yogurt, pb2 and almond milk every morning, then juice once I got to work, dinner at work (because who am I kidding, there's always food and I'm going to eat there.... might as well plan for it) and then something when I got home before bed, usually the evil, evil cereal.

I make up big batches of juice, because I'll never do it every single day. I keep it all in quart and a half canning jars, green juice separate from other colors/sweet, and mix it as I drink it. It seems to keep pretty well that way.

The latest batch was:
    Green juice

Kale
    Broccoli
    Romaine
    Collards
    Cucumber
    Lemon and lime juice to prevent oxidation

Other/sweet

Carrots
    Sweet potato
    Apple
    Mint

Not great... I'm having an issue with my fridge where it's stupidly cold and I lost a lot of my produce Plus, the farmer's markets have closed so I need to figure out another good source for things. I got a bunch of that at Costco though this time, and I'm pretty happy with that.

Oh, Costco. I love you so....
  • Okay.... I'm going to rant here, and I'm sorry that if I offend anyone.

I stumbled across another "Oh, I've had it, I'm not going to be fat anymore" post from someone that's in the mid 100's and has about 20 pounds to lose. Now, any amount to lose has it's challenges, but I always get irritated when I see those.

It's also kind of discouraging, to see someone that's less than I can even imagine myself being on my best day complaining about being overweight. I have no illusions about my responsibility in this. I made the choices to put the food in my mouth. I made the choice to not stop when I was full. I made the choice to medicate with food instead of other options. I am fat because of me. I get that. I beat myself up every day over it, and have for years. I'm responsible for changing it, and I'm responsible for not having changed it yet. But people with 20 or so pounds to lose have NO idea what it's like to be in over your head as far as I am. 20 pounds is inconvenient. 120 is a whole new set of issues. Health problems, self esteem problems, being perceived negatively by people that don't even know you... It doesn't even compare.

If being 125 instead of 105 is the last straw and makes them fat, what does that say about me? It feels to me like the online equivalent of the skinny girls in high school that complained about how fat they were for attention. They're not fat. They have no idea what it feels like to be fat.

/rant.
  • I had a really long post but I don't have time to pull it together and it was a little personal. Short version: I wouldn't even consider myself fat at 20 pounds overweight, but I can also remember being "just twenty pounds" overweight and how emotionally difficult that was. 120 overweight is a LOT harder, but there's no way to really put that into perspective till you've been here. More later.
  • Hello Ladies!!

TheSecondHalf- really nice that you are doing this with your husband. Together you will have a lot of support. And such great news about your success battling the DC. I bet you will be happy about this once it gets a bit easier. So great about you hitting the 280's this week.

ShelBl- hurray about 286- that is getting closer to 280 than 290! I agree about the difficultly of hearing those with so little to lose seeing themselves as fat. Ya right I mostly think. However, I do think that it is our messed up society that tells woman that they are overweight when they weigh so little. When I was 17 I weighed 150 pounds and I thought I was fat. Laughing at that now. But I remember just feeling so crappy about myself when I compared myself to my thin friends. My self worth was really diminished. In some ways I felt just as fat at 150 as I do at 300. I think this distortion played a part in letting myself get this far. I don't know but I do know I would love to be 150 now.

Ladies I think I need to check out Pitch Perfect.

This week has been super busy. Yesterday I saw 287, today 289. Whatever, at least I am going the right direction. Got totally derailed by invitation to lunch yesterday at work and despite knowing better-went out to Chinese buffet. Did recoup a bit by eating my lunch salad and chicken for dinner. Today worked at home and ate sensibly. Have the rest of the week planned out and even though we will be in the city overnight I know where we are eating and what I will have. Now just have to follow through.

Take care,
  • 290 this morning -_- I ate like a pig yesterday so I'm not surprised, just disappointed in myself. Boo.

CeeJay you must check out Pitch Perfect. It's cute, even if you don't become obsessive about it!
  • CeeJay, just go ahead and buy the soundtrack while you're at it, and find all the youtube videos so you can learn to do Cups. I can vaguely remember learning how at summer camp many years ago, but I needed a refresher.

ShelBl, repeat after me: it has to be water weight, it has to be water weight.

Here is my method for handling parties, buffets, family gatherings, and public eating of any kind (so yes, I am telling you I do my best eating in secret, like a TRUE crazy person): I will NOT be the fat girl making the third trip to the buffet! I just won't. It's my last shred of (imagined, probably) dignity but I'm holding on with both hands.