290s accountability

You're on Page 11 of 19
Go to
  • Hi!

I am not left handed. I am USELESS with my left hand.

I joined WW but missed my meeting because we are having weird weather (for us) and everything is closing early. We never have ice on the roads or freezing rain in Louisiana so we literally have no idea what to do.

Registered online yesterday, started counting points this morning. So far, so good. I really love WW. Remind me of that when I hit my traditional six week slump.

This weekend, I have two birthday parties and a baby shower. My niece is spending the day with my daughter because our schools are closed (I guess we have all those unused hurricane days so we're going to use them up?). I have a craft project to finish and a several gifts to wrap and my house is a mess. The girls are GIDDY with unexpected day off and I can't get anything done because they're just hilarious. Even my old dog is excited - everyone else is, he has no idea what's going on, but hey why not!

We have NOTHING going on on Sunday and YAY! I'm going to nap and watch movies and fold clothes and craft with my daughter all day. It's going to be FANTASTIC.

Hope you guys are all staying warm. I'm trying to think of a snappy name for the 280s - I should be there myself by the end of the month and even if we're not all there, we need to start a new thread soon, this one is getting long! Maybe we can use the same subject and just change the number? At least we should all be able to find each other again in the transfer.

I need to go finish up this craft project and the last step involves my old nemesis, Hot Glue. Wish me luck, y'all!
  • Good morning everyone.

Am back from my trip. Had a wonderful time visiting family and friends. Good to get away from work for a few weeks too! And from our crazy low temperatures. Came back feeling refreshed and ready to dive into focusing on really healthy eating.

I did well with food on this trip. This is the first vacation (except camping where food is not an issue) where I have felt in control. I rarely strayed into sugar and for the most part ate fairly well. I was 290 when I came back but after 2 days of healthy eating I am 286 this morning. Either scale is nuts or I lost some water. Either way I am heading in the right direction. BTW- no seatbelt issues on the plane. Grateful!

livcarter- welcome!

TheSecondHalf-happy belated birthday. Hope your fingers are getting better. Ouch. Sounds like you are off to a great start with WW.

FionaW-hello to you! How is your zig zag system working?

kendrabear- good for you for starting Wii Fit U. This should be great in the long run. Don't worry about a few pounds up and down- like FionaW said- at our higher weights 4 pounds fluctuations are possible.

Slashnl- welcome. Sounds like you have a good exercise plan.

ShelBl-hi. Hope things are OK for you and that you are finding your motivation.

Take care everyone.
  • CeeJay, glad your trip went so well! No seat belt issues, woot!!!

Our schools are closed today and tomorrow. We are supposed to get ice or snow. I am seriously considering going back to bed but I really need to keep on with the laundry and cooking situation in case our power goes out. All our power-outages supplies (generators, etc) are still at my parents' after the last storm and they're an hour away so if the power goes out we are just going to be cold. EEK!
  • My first week has been kind of a bust! I'm not up, but I'm not down either. I registered last week and then we were iced in twice, then I spent the weekend stuck in a car (TWICE) trying to get to a shower and bday party out of town (YES TWICE), then one normal day and two-going-on-thee days iced in again and hey, tomorrow is my weigh in day. Well there ya go. I know people who are used to cold weather can't understand why we're so confounded by it but we are! I haven't gone crazy or used it as an excuse to eat junk, but normally I only have to eat with family for one meal/day and this week it's been breakfast, lunch, and dinner multiple times. It really throws you off!
  • Well not such a bust. 291. I started WW at 295 so I've updated my tracker to reflect that and my first (small, but huge) WW goal.. I know I'm very motivated to just GET. OUT. Too much inside time!!! We've just had three - four days of hard freeze so obviously this weekend is flip flop weather. I think a pedicure is in order. I wonder if I can get a pedicure al fresco?
  • I will weigh myself in the morning, but I don't have high hopes :\

How is everyone? We all seem to have gone radio silence other than TSH.
  • Hello, ShelBl! Hope you're having a great weekend!!!

It was beautiful here today until about fifteen minutes ago. Mid 70s and sunny. My daughter was invited to a party at a restaurant near the lake so I thought hey, it's lovely! I'll park far away and enjoy the walk. Things I learned on this walk: I really REALLY don't want to be fat AGAIN when the hot weather gets here. Man. Yuck. I mean, I realize I can't lose 140 pounds in the next three months but I'd be happy to have lost 30.
  • Hi Ladies,

Hope all is well out there. I did great on my vacation but it has really been 2 weeks of downhill from there. I am engaging in a lot of really destructive eating behaviour. Thankfully I got a PM from a buddy on this board that sort of kicked me into reality.

I am planning on spending the weekend focusing on me and doing all the things that are good for me and getting an eating plan together. In the meantime-- no more sugar and no more high salt food.

Like TheSecondHalf said- who wants another summer at this high weight? Not me for sure. It is only Feb 5th- lots of time to make major inroads.

Feeling more hopeful.
  • Hi all! I'm a newbie...sorta. I used to bounce around on here a few years back and after going to the doctor and weighing in at 292 pounds (groans) I knew that I needed to get serious. I am at my highest weight ever and it depresses me thinking about it. All I can do is try to be better and become more active. I feel like I know what I should be doing but often feel hopeless. Anyway. Enough of my depressing story. I'm here. I want to make a difference and I think this is a great place to start.
  • Hi!

CeeJay, I'm sorry you're struggling and I'm glad you're turning it around. It is so hard to keep this up all the time. I can be perfect for days and then it's just like I AM SO TIRED OF HAVING TO THINK ABOUT EVERYTHING I EAT and I kind of lose it. Here's to getting it back.

Welcome, LovelyCourt! I have been checking in and out of 3fc for years now. I forget my first user name but I'm pretty sure it was sometime back in like, '99. Is that possible? At the time I was a "whopping" 230. Oh what I wouldn't give to be that "fat" again!

I am still trying to find a day to go to a WW meeting. For a SAHM, I don't actually ever get to STAY HOME very much!
  • Hi Guys,

Im new to this thread. When I joined this forum I was 294 and now Im 295 from 300, I got up to 300 cause after awhile of dieting and working out I started getting lazy and I just stopped everything all together after awhile but on Jan. 16th of this year I started working out and dieting again and I've lost 5 pounds so far. I was always skinny as a kid, I didnt start gaining weight until after high school, While I was in high school I maintained a 120 pound weight all 4 years, Since I didnt have P.E.to do after high school to keep me in shape I just started eating fast food alot and I wasnt in sports prior to high school so I didnt have that to fall back on either so I just didnt know what to do when I graduated high school in 2003 so I just didnt do anything and thats how the weight started piling on. I started gaining weight from May of 2003 until Jan. 16th this year, So it took me 11 years to get to 300 pounds and I know its gonna probably be just as long to get to my goal weight of 150, I know it didnt come on fast and I know its not gonna come off fast. Anyway I look forward to getting to know all of you.
  • Hi Terra! Welcome!!! Things are kind of quiet here at the moment, I'm hoping everyone is off having a fantastic weekend!

My weekend has been crazy busy and it's not over yet, and tomorrow isn't exactly going to slow down.

I think I've found a walking buddy in my neighborhood! I'm so excited! We've been friends for a few years through our kids, and this year our kids have ended up in a lot of the same activities so our schedules are matching up a bit.

HOPING to finally make it to a WW meeting next Saturday. Also, if I get half an hour free this week, I am going to stick beach pictures all over this house. First as a reminder that it can't be wet, muddy, and cold forever, and second to remind me I don't want to be hot, miserable, and sweaty when summer rolls around. I mean, I'm going to be hot and sweaty because we don't really do "mild" summers around here but I can't help but think losing fifty pounds or so (DREAMS!) would be like taking off a fur coat as compared to these last few summers packing all this extra weight around.

Come back, everybody! It's lonely over here! I'll take Terra up there to death if you don't all come by and intervene!
  • TheSecondHalf ~ Thanks for the welcome, Im sorry to hear its quite on this thread at the moment, Hopefully it will come alive again. Where do you live? You said in your post that you dont have mild summers where you live so I was just wondering where that was.

Tomorrow is a full week of walking 3 times a day for 45 mins each time. I take Sunday's off though just to relax. I also have a few meetings to go too one on Wed. and the other one on Thursday. We also have our errands day on Tuesday's.
  • This is my first time joining in your thread. I'm starting at 291, so I hope to jump ship to another thread soon!
  • Hi, mrskim! We are ALL hoping to change that thread title soon! Welcome!!!

Terra, I'm in Louisiana. We don't really have spring or fall. It's just summer, still summer, Christmas, oh crud is it summer again? And that's it.

You're doing a lot of exercise! Wow! I'm going to have to pick up the pace ;-)

It kind of goes in fits and starts here. Things will be kind of quiet and then pick up for a while. Keep checking in, I'm sure everyone will be back soon!!!