3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   The Millionth Time (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/289110-millionth-time.html)

SmallSteps 10-27-2013 06:48 AM

The Millionth Time

Nice to see old faces and new faces alike!

For what seems like the millionth time I am resolving to lose weight, eat healthy and exercise. I have battled my weight my entire adult life. How did this happen? I lost 57 pounds and have gained 28 of them back due to stress and illness. I have a doctors appointment on Monday so I will be using that as my starting weight THIS time. I will eventually conquer this!

One day at a time. One decision at a time. I can't let the overweight, insecure person that I am sabotage the thin, healthy and most importantly, confident person I want to become.

Lisa LeapYear 10-27-2013 08:53 AM

I used to start fresh every day - until 4 pm. At that time, the ridiculous arguments would start. Work sucks, so I deserve this. I haven't had in-n-out in a long time. I'll eat less later tonight. Just one. Well, I've already blown it. Tomorrow is a better day. I'll buy this for the family to eat. On and on. Every day. For years.

Then, I resolved to not do it anymore. I set myself up for success. No stopping on the way home. Planning snacks and dinners. Having only one snack. Clearing out the bad stuff.

One day at a time.

lazylioness 10-27-2013 09:36 AM

I used to of the same thing.

This time, was different. I have gotten further than I ever have. I am not throwing it away this time. This crap is hard. Like really hard. I don't want to work this hard ever ever again. I am sure maintaining will be hard as well, but at that point I am hoping that it will become the new normal and I am used to it. lol

You can do this. One pound at a time!

AwShucks 10-27-2013 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmallSteps (Post 4870947)
Nice to see old faces and new faces alike!

For what seems like the millionth time I am resolving to lose weight, eat healthy and exercise. I have battled my weight my entire adult life. How did this happen? I lost 57 pounds and have gained 28 of them back due to stress and illness. I have a doctors appointment on Monday so I will be using that as my starting weight THIS time. I will eventually conquer this!

One day at a time. One decision at a time. I can't let the overweight, insecure person that I am sabotage the thin, healthy and most importantly, confident person I want to become.

Hi! Nice to see you again! I love all of your tickers!

You got this! My initial thought is to recommend getting busy on that "50 miles walked" goal. I find that when I'm getting in some exercise, I feel more alive. I'm more aware of my body and what it can and can't do, and as I see small improvements and strengths I know I will eventually be able to do more and more! Challenge yourself to walk a little faster, a little farther each day, and as you achieve little goals, you begin to see the light! I find my exercise goals are much more inspiring than my scale goals -- that darn scale doesn't cooperate daily, but physical endurance and strength DOES build gradually.

Welcome back!

GirlyGirlSebas 10-27-2013 12:26 PM

I'm so glad you've come back into the fold! You can do this. Let's do it together!

SMSDREAMER2007 10-27-2013 04:33 PM

Ditto. Im back too. Ive spent much of the last 2 years worrying about my bf and what he will and wont eat etc. I just cant anymore, he has to make his own choices, I cant make them for him and im tired of the struggle so ere we go, time to work on me again!

Lindy87 10-27-2013 05:05 PM

Been there, done that too. I sure need to stop fooling around and just do it. Let's do this together!

time2lose 10-27-2013 05:26 PM

Welcome back!

I think that most, if not all, of us have been where you are. I lost over 100 pounds then gained about 50 back. I restarted many times but one finally took and I have lost the 50 pounds and 10 of their friends.

Hey, you still have not regained all the weight you lost so this is a great time to restart.

You can do this!

Mozzy 10-27-2013 09:26 PM

Welcome back and good luck on your journey!!

Lyn2007 10-27-2013 11:00 PM

Welcome back!

Trazey34 10-27-2013 11:31 PM

As the saying goes, Insanity is doing the same thing over and over but expecting a different result.

Something in the same-old equation has to change, or we keep going 'round and 'round in this circle that never ends.

I know for myself, once I did a bit of work on my noggin', the body fell into place. I realized 'will power' or pretending that chocolate & pizza no longer existed lasted me about 15 minutes LOL