S/C/G: 267.8/252.2/160

Height: 5'10"

Avi-that's awesome! keep it up
dolphin9006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 12:13 AM   #77  
C6D

S/C/G: 295/287/170

Today was good & pretty uneventful. I am happy to report the crazy TOM cravings of last week have gone away! YAY!!!!!!

Daily Stats:
Calories: in range
Water: about 9 glasses
Exercise: none
C6D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 11:28 PM   #78  
C6D

Today was good eating and exercise wise. But, I had to have a talk with myself because I'm starting to getting impatient, wanting to see results faster. I always seem to do this to myself. I'm working really hard at healthy eating and exercise and I'm feeling much better but the scales aren't showing results fast enough. I just have to keep reminding myself results don't happen immediately and just keep going. It's really hard for me sometimes though.

Daily Stats:
Calories: below goal
Water: about 10 glasses
Exercise: kickboxing
Old 11-07-2013, 02:37 AM   #79  
Crusin' into a new me

S/C/G: 260/234/160 reboot

Height: 5'5"

C6D - thank you for posting this very authentic reality of your feelings! I thought I was the only one struggling with this and hadn't been brave enough to "say" it out loud. But, truth is I have been a bit discourage this past week but lack of results.

It amazes me how hard I am on myself but, want to encourage others to just keep swimming along. I too have to remind myself that I need to just keep keepin' on and the results will catch up to me.

So thank you for encouraging me to keep going and don't let myself get frustrated if everything is dialed in...it will happen.

~b

Last edited by BuffieLynn; 11-07-2013 at 02:38 AM.
BuffieLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 08:12 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 269.8/257.4/165

Height: 5'9"

C6D - No kidding! That feeling has been the doom of a few weight loss attempts. Somehow repeating "It's a marathon, not a sprint." doesn't quite cut it.

This week's been going well - TOM has wrapped up with minimal damage. I had a bit of a cold at the start of the week and I've still got the cough to show for it, but I'm on course diet-wise and I got in a little exercise.

I've doubled back in my writing to tell you that this paragraph is *very* tangenty and I sincerely suggest that if you're looking for something to skip, you skip this. I think it is because I've gone a few days without a post so I've got more words saved up to fling around wildly. So: inside my head, losing weight is an old school 8 bit side scroller video game. Like the early Mario games - but instead of Koopas, I'm jumping soda cans and ducking french fries. The reason I brought this up is, I was about to start writing about my next diet stumbling block (writing about those before they hit helps me stay in the zone) and I realized that I'm basically treating them like boss battles at the end of levels (weeks), and coincidentally they've been escalating in difficulty. Week One: Tutorial Level (no hurdles), Week Two: Overnight Work Trip and the Halloween Candy Temptations, and now Week Four: The Football Game of Infinite Food. [Yeah, I'm going to a football game w/ family this weekend and I'll be in the club seats where the treats are included: soda, hot dog, candy bar, Supersize Plate of Radioactive Yellow Probably-Not-Cheese Nachos, all the above are all you can eat]. And looming somewhere out there are the *Big Bad Boss Fights* Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years. So...I guess I better level up my resolve on the mini-bosses while I have the chance, because the Big Bads just keep coming.

Sometimes I hear video game music when I'm making meal decisions.

Right, back on topic. Breakfasts: 7! (okay, one of them was a granola bar at 10:30, but it totally counts)

Oh! Mini-hurdle: My cat-shaped housemate is not supporting my goal of drinking more water. In the last two weeks, he's learned to knock over my water glass and now does it whenever possible. And then he gets mad that the floor is wet. Way to show your true colors, Cat!

Happy Days!
RRosie
RedRosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 11:16 PM   #81  
C6D

BuffieLynn, it means a lot to me that something I posted about myself encourages you. I know what you mean about being hard on yourself. I am that way too. A few weeks ago I was encouraging a coworker who has health issues as a result of being overweight. Afterwards, I realized that I never encourage myself like that. The mental aspect of losing weight is my biggest hurdle. So, I am really trying to be mindful of things my mind does to distract me and encourage myself the way I would encourage someone else.

RedRosie, I really like your mind video game. I might try to come up with a mind video game for myself to help me battle my weight loss villains.

Today was good for me. I stayed on plan. I realized last night during my workout that I feel so much better since I'm eating better.

Daily Stats:
Calories: in range
Water: about 9 glasses
Exercise: none
Old 11-08-2013, 09:28 AM   #82  

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRosie View Post
I've doubled back in my writing to tell you that this paragraph is *very* tangenty and I sincerely suggest that if you're looking for something to skip, you skip this. I think it is because I've gone a few days without a post so I've got more words saved up to fling around wildly. So: inside my head, losing weight is an old school 8 bit side scroller video game. Like the early Mario games - but instead of Koopas, I'm jumping soda cans and ducking french fries. The reason I brought this up is, I was about to start writing about my next diet stumbling block (writing about those before they hit helps me stay in the zone) and I realized that I'm basically treating them like boss battles at the end of levels (weeks), and coincidentally they've been escalating in difficulty. Week One: Tutorial Level (no hurdles), Week Two: Overnight Work Trip and the Halloween Candy Temptations, and now Week Four: The Football Game of Infinite Food. [Yeah, I'm going to a football game w/ family this weekend and I'll be in the club seats where the treats are included: soda, hot dog, candy bar, Supersize Plate of Radioactive Yellow Probably-Not-Cheese Nachos, all the above are all you can eat]. And looming somewhere out there are the *Big Bad Boss Fights* Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years. So...I guess I better level up my resolve on the mini-bosses while I have the chance, because the Big Bads just keep coming.

Sometimes I hear video game music when I'm making meal decisions.

Right, back on topic. Breakfasts: 7! (okay, one of them was a granola bar at 10:30, but it totally counts)

Oh! Mini-hurdle: My cat-shaped housemate is not supporting my goal of drinking more water. In the last two weeks, he's learned to knock over my water glass and now does it whenever possible. And then he gets mad that the floor is wet. Way to show your true colors, Cat!

Happy Days!
RRosie
I love your video game analogy and it gave me the giggles! Thank you for sharing that wonderful brain of yours!
Old 11-08-2013, 09:39 AM   #83  

Quote:
Originally Posted by C6D View Post
BuffieLynn, it means a lot to me that something I posted about myself encourages you. I know what you mean about being hard on yourself. I am that way too. A few weeks ago I was encouraging a coworker who has health issues as a result of being overweight. Afterwards, I realized that I never encourage myself like that. The mental aspect of losing weight is my biggest hurdle. So, I am really trying to be mindful of things my mind does to distract me and encourage myself the way I would encourage someone else.
I think that's probably a huge factor in the whole yo-yo dieting. I do the same. This week was rough for me with Tom, an ear infection and one of the most challenging week in all my academic years. I ended up falling off the wagon on Tuesday and kept telling myself of how horrible I am. Anyways, after mauling over what some people said on 3FC I instead went ahead and rewarded myself for all the hard work I've been doing the past few weeks. Maybe we should all come up with a reward goal and share that amongst ourselves, could be fun to think up ways to pat ourselves on the back and maybe even include it in our signature

Last edited by dolphin9006; 11-09-2013 at 10:12 AM.
Old 11-08-2013, 10:08 PM   #84  
Crusin' into a new me

Hey there Ladies!

I love this group! Jumping in each day encourages me and makes me smile. Rosie- that game made me lol, I am not that creative. But, I am gonna try it!

Dolphin9006 I love your idea! A non-food reward! I am going to set my reward as a new handbag(I really want a Michael Kors bag) when I reach the 50lbs lost.
But, it might need to be a new Coach bag for the -50. Then at goal- Kors bag!

I am waiting to record my weight tomorrow but, I did weigh in for the Christmas challenge and I was SO excited I was finally below 230, today 228!!

Have a great night!
Old 11-09-2013, 10:19 AM   #85  

Good job, BuffieLynn!! I would soooo love to get a Kors bag! amazing reward. I can't afford that on my student budget but I think I'm going to set my next reward at my xmas goal and I'll make it a deluxe pedicure, with extra message time! that sounds awesome right now.

Keep up the great work!
Old 11-09-2013, 10:54 AM   #86  

S/C/G: 269.8/257.4/165

Height: 5'9"

Welcome to Saturday!

C6D, dolphin9006, BuffieLynn: Thank you. You've all made me feel a little less strange for the games inside my head.

I'm out of town on this lovely Saturday morning, so my weigh-in is on a different scale and therefore subject to great suspicion, but it actually lines up pretty well with what I've been seeing during the week. Yay, 10 lbs down since the challenge started! That's pretty awesome and I'm having a lot of fun checking in on the forums. Having done WW before, I like this a lot better because I get to see y'all all through the week and it keeps me on track. Well...mostly on track. Now I've just gotta get past the Football Game of Infinite Food this afternoon.

Breakfasts: 9 (eating oatmeal at this very moment)

10/20 269.8
10/26 263.2 (-6.6)
11/2 263.4
11/9 259.2* (-10.6) *weighed in on a different scale*
1/25 Finish line

Hope everyone has a good weigh in and a good woosh!
RRosie
RedRosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 12:05 PM   #87  
Crusin' into a new me

Good Morning All!! I am up a bit early on a Saturday I usually sleep in. Lots of "Mommy" duties today. So, it's all worth it!

RedRosie- Have fun at the game! And congrats on your 10 lbs down!

My weigh in for the morning is:

10/19- 235
10/26- 233 -2
11/02- 232 -1
11/09- 228 -5
11/16-
11/23-
11/30-
12/07-
12/14-
12/21-
12/28-
01/04-
01/11-
01/18-
01/25-****100th Day!

Best Wooshes ~B

Last edited by BuffieLynn; 11-11-2013 at 06:21 PM.
Old 11-09-2013, 02:43 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 253.2/215.2/140

Height: 5'6"

Started the week much stronger than I am ending the week. Thursday was a bad day but I am down from my regain back up but still not as low as I was. Glad I am finally getting in the grove. Need to get 90 minutes of exercise in today. Still have my son's bday party to do tonight and then going to do some Leslie Sansone. I need to also get in my walk/run.
10/19- 205.6
10/26-204.0
11/02-204.2
11/09-201.0
11/16-
11/23-
11/30-
12/07-
12/14-
12/21-
12/28-
01/04-
01/11-
01/18-
01/25-****
Old 11-09-2013, 02:53 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 253.2/215.2/140

Height: 5'6"

awesome weigh in BuffieLynn
congrats on the 10lbs down Rosie

Dolphin: So you fell of the wagon, you got back on which is the most important part.Glad you rewarded yourself for your hard work up until now. I buy myself an Alex and Ani bracelet for every time I lose 10% of my weight.
When I am no longer obese I am going to go for a spa day and get another bracelet as the two things coincide weight wise.

C6D: isn't it amazing how you on the days you do everything right you feel awesome. I need to remind myself of that some mornings.
soon2beskinnyCarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 12:44 AM   #90  
C6D

RedRosie, BuffieLynn, soon2beskinnyCarma congrats on your losses

dolphin9006, I love your idea of a reward and since I have been needing a new handbag, I think I will second BuffieLynn's reward choice.

I had a really good week after my TOM, cravings subsided and things were pretty easy even though I had to have some talks with myself. I am hoping this upcoming week is as good. I did have kind of a cheat meal today. Also, I had two cookies and felt kind of sick afterwards. I guess my body doesn't like sugar much anymore.

I hope everyone has a great week!!

10/20: 295
10/27: 290
11/3: 295
11/9: 287