Old 10-23-2013, 06:45 PM   #61  
Started IP 10/21/15

S/C/G: 243/238.8/170

Height: 5'4"

Wow llilith, 208! You go girl!

216 today.

Looks like I've managed to shake off my 4lb gain from the monster this weekend...yay me lol.

Not much to report here today. Have a wonderful evening all!
PreciousMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 07:56 PM   #62  
apple to apple core

S/C/G: 275/215/175

Height: 5'7"

NSV RED ALERT: I BOUGHT PANTS IN THE MISSES DEPARTMENT TODAY!!!111!1 I got size 16 slacks and size XL yoga-type pants. Both are a bit snug in the butt crack, lol, but not overly so. I have a "situation" with my lower abdomen area, so it's imperative that the yoga pants be paired with a long shirt to sort of cover it up, but they are so comfy and they accentuate my much smaller thighs so I'm making them work. I have no time for personals, but I read all the recent posts and I'm loving everyone's good news! Here's to not letting obstacles stand in our way
TooWicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 01:24 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 300/see ticker/165

Height: 5ft 8in

Hello All

I'm having a lazy week and haven't been to the gym, and also feel really hungry. I wonder if, for those of us in the northern hemisphere, autumn and winter are coming and we naturally feel the need to 'store' food in us ? ANd remember after a little blow out and stuckness on the scales, the numbers do usually drop a it faster for a while - at least they do for me.

TooWicky - I totally relate to the comfy but tightish clothes! I am loving the new stuff I am buying.

NSV's continue for me - I was raking the leaves up a couple of days ago. I hate this job but this year I wasn't sweating buckets, out of breath and hating every minute.
I've had words like 'slim' and 'skinny' used about me - a bit of an over statement as I am at best a 'L' size still, but these words feel very alien and wonderful. I cannot quite believe the transition I have made - one friend who hadn't seen me for about 10 months asked 'where's the rest of you ?'.

I hope everyone else is finding strength and motivation. Keep going!
CrazyCatWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 07:27 AM   #64  

S/C/G: S/C/G 250/206/140ish

Height: 5'3"

Lilith - sometimes you need to eat a little more to get results, it seems. Provided it's the right stuff, of course. And it sounds like the decision to see a counselor is a good one. It doesn't hurt to have a non-involved party help sort through things.

Jenny - sounds like the volunteering is a positive step for you. Yay you!

Wishfuiiy - congrats on the loss.

HelloNurse - sometimes, it just seems like you need a little extra. Listen to your body on that.

Missy and Jenny - I'm cheering for you!
bSpring3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 11:49 AM   #65  
Started IP 10/21/15

Yay toowicky and crazycatwoman!!!! I love NSVs!

220 today.

I know I didn't eat enough to gain 4lb over night, so I'm not sweating it. I had a muffaletta yesterday and it had olive relish on it, so it has to be water retention. Man do I love muffalettas! But, I know they're a rare treat, so I enjoyed the heck outta that thing yesterday, haha!
Old 10-25-2013, 01:28 PM   #66  

I am still all dizzy, having been shopping and finding a CHOICE of winter coats. As temperatures get very low here, I want to invest in a good one but right now I am still losing weight so had to show extreme, uncharacteristic self-control and not buy the gorgeous purple ski jacket that fitted beautifully! I bought a far cheaper not so nice one, which I can afford to shrink out of!
Old 10-25-2013, 02:46 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 270/219/140

Height: 5'5

Hey guys ! I haven't posted in a while, i've been crazy busy with work.
I had the most amazing NSV this morning after i came back from dropping my son off at daycare. I am now down a size in jeans !! I figure i'd try on the next size down because i wanted to see how much further i had to go to fit into them, but i never would have guessed that they would have fit like they did. I'm down to a size 13 from starting out at a 18/20!! I've been smiling ALL day !
(plus i got my hoodie i ordered in from work yesterday and i'm down from an XL to a L!!)
MizMelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 06:43 PM   #68  
Started IP 10/21/15

Howdy all!

217 today.

A couple of NSVs...which are food related .

Last night I tried a new recipe...an unhealthy one (for my average weight boyfriend)...and I decided to test my will power, and I won! I allowed myself to have a single serving for dinner. I thought it turned out great and normally would have had more, but I didn't want more. Not only that, I immediately thought of ways to make it healthier.

My other NSV was today at lunch. We went to a place that thinks every plate requires some kind of sauce. I ordered the salmon, without sauce, and substituted my rice for an extra serving of vegetables, and it was amazing!

Have a wonderful week everyone!
Old 10-26-2013, 11:15 AM   #69  

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/180

219.6. So now only 1 lb up from my lowest a few weeks ago. But I'm glad to be back under 220.

Great job, PM! It's always a good feeling to be able to resist things like that. I had made a brownie this week for my boss's birthday and was able to avoid it all week until yesterday. But I cut a tiny tiny piece and that was enough for me.
Lizzyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 12:56 PM   #70  
apple to apple core

S/C/G: 275/215/175

Downer warning: my face is showing signs of looking older and I wanted to get it out and complain about it so I can shelve this concern and move on I feel terribly petty and it's embarrassing. I was okay with the crow's feet that showed up some lbs ago, but now my smile lines are more like permanent creases. I definitely feel like my obesity obfuscated my true facial age. With less obesity now, I'm looking my real age in addition to dealing with less elastic skin since I am in my late 40s. I have lost about 61 lbs so far. I'm concerned because I do have quite of bit of weight left to lose; I am not at the end of my weight loss journey. Really hoping I find the wherewithal to age gracefully no matter what the physical manifestations!

With that whining out of the way, gratz Lizzyg on getting back under 220

and PreciousMissy, woot on your willpower NSV! We have to live in the real world during and after all this dieting, so you must be very pleased

MizMelis, I had read some of your previous posts about your getting into smaller clothes from a while back, but, WOW, a size 13??!! I know from retail that, that is a juniors size which is a whole 'nother level of small cuts, when compared to similar Misses styles. That is amazing!!

CrazyCatWoman, I think I am going to follow your example about buying a more budget priced coat this winter. I don't feel like being this size very long, and a coat is really an investment clothing purchase to me. Gratz!

HelloNurse, how did the water weight flush go? Fingers crossed!

Llilith, you are doing wonderfully with your weight loss!!! Congratulations for 208 amg!! Would also love to hear how the counselor thing is working out with regard to the disagreement about your stepson if you ever care to update. I wanted to say I empathize. My husband's friend, who had custody of his young teen daughter, went to the ends of the earth, including legally, to contain the horribly lenient and neglectful environment his ex-wife provided during visitation. Despite everything he tried to do, he ended up a grandpa with a 14 year old daughter as the new mom, and the 23 year old baby's father is a registered sex offender :/. I wish you the best of luck - it sounds like you love your stepson very much and want him to be safe and make the right choices in life. We had (have) a similar major disagreement in my marriage. In the end we ended up with a high-level "agree to disagree" situation. It is not easy to thread the needle and compartmentalize when you don't have a consensus, but it can be done. I am a ball-buster and my husband is a peace-maker, which can lead to totally different ways of dealing with problems. However, nothing was worse in my life so far then both my parents and my only sister who was my best friend all dying unexpectedly and suddenly within 3 years of each other I compare all life's difficulties to that difficulty now, and it makes formerly untenable disagreements a bit more endurable. Thinking of you all!

jennybutler357, there is something about getting healthier which is really making me want to put myself out there and engage the world a bit more It makes me vicariously happy that you might start volunteering. I do work retail, but only one or two days a week, for just a few hours each day. I'm basically a stay-at-home mother and have been for the past 10 years. I wouldn't say my husband is spoiled, but our whole family has very much settled in to the convenience of having one parent not really work. When I wanted to look for part time work, it really gave my husband pause. In the end, though, my husband and kids love it! When I go to work in the evening, they make it Pizza Night. They watch a movie and flop out in the clothes they wore all day on sofas in the basement - a very "Dad" way to handle bedtime, lol. My point is they have come to enjoy the night or two that mom is not home, and I get to spend time with adult people lol. It's a win-win.
TooWicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 02:17 PM   #71  

TooWicky, my goodness what a post. Thank you so much. I can totally agree with this looking older business. For the first time I feel able to look at myself in the mirror and know that my double chin is disappearing but now I can see a turkey neck! And the wrinkles..... yes indeed. Previously people had suggested my age was about 10 years less than I am - now I can see myself accelerating beyond 50 prematurely. But then I have to think through the benefits: I hope what I am doing now will lead to me living longer and more healthily, even though I look older. But yes, this is an unexpected side effect and I am not so sure how to deal with it.

There are many things I am not sure how to deal with right now. I have had my first day of wanting to eat and eat and eat since I started losing weight, I guess one day in 8 months is not bad and I am grateful for that.

But also I am not sure who I am anymore. I have always been fat and it was my identity - everyone who stared at me did so as I was big. I have no idea of what it is like to buy normal size clothes. I am now the size I was when I was an overweight 18 year old, and yet now I know I am simply 'large', It is very odd, this new slimmer but older me.

Interesting! I do not ever want to go back to the old identity, but I am not sure about who this new one is yet!
Old 10-27-2013, 09:42 AM   #72  

S/C/G: S/C/G 250/206/140ish

Height: 5'3"

TooWicky - I'm dealing with the face thing, too. I saw a friend recently for the first time in a few months and she started off with "wow...you look...older." I've lost over 40lbs this year, and I've seen pics of where I was at the start (or the start plus a few), and my face has lost a lot, and I am starting to look all 49 of my years, plus a few. Doesn't help that I'm down about work (hate my job), not sleeping, and all that goes with that.

I don't have any good solutions, either. Just wanted to commiserate as I know exactly what you're talking about.
bSpring3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 10:20 AM   #73  

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/180

217.4!! Lost all the bloating and down a pound! Yay!

I haven't noticed a change in my face but I never had a super full face even at my fattest. But I feel that way about the loose skin everywhere. It's just frustrating because when you get really fat and then lose weight - you don't just become smaller. You have extra stuff to deal with.

Lizzyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 01:57 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 270/270/160

Height: 5'5

I am just poking my head in before I head off to work. I finally saw 218.3 this morning and hoping it sticks. I plan to read all the post tomorrow so I can get to know you and re aquaint with the ones I met on the last couple of threads.
cleancowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 02:08 PM   #75  

Welcome Cleancowgirl - I'm sure it'll stick