Anyone have "food dreams"?

• Just curious. I've drastically cut down on my sugar intake, which is my Achilles' heel. I miss it sometimes, but don't really think about it much, because I'm so much healthier/have better weight loss without it. Last night, though, I had a vivid dream about systematically working my way through 5 bags of Halloween candy (which also contained cake and brownies). It was so real that when I woke up, I felt like I'd actually done it (you know, the guilt, the crushing disappointment, regret...). It took a few minutes before I realized that it was just a dream.

Wondered if anyone else has had this happen, and what it signifies. I wasn't thinking about sugar or desserts last night...crazy subconscious!
  • Yes, but more like food nightmares. In my food dreams I'm always mindlessly eating something (usually a sugary treat - cinnamon rolls, ice cream, sometimes empty carbs like popcorn or tortilla chips) without even noticing or enjoying it and then I realize that in the dream I've blown my plan without even thinking about it and I wake up right as I'm mentally kicking myself!
  • Oh yes. A free-for-all at a bakery seems to be a common theme of my dreams when I'm on-plan.
  • I've had food dreams usually involving steak or fried chicken or french fries... They freak me out sooo much because in my culture, food dreams are a bad omen usually meaning you have "enemies" who are trying to "get at you" by poisoning you in your dreams or something. My grandma used to say that food in food dreams always tastes the best all the better to entice you. It's weird I know and of course I don't believe it's true but still having heard about the evil that food dreams are my whole life, they do give me pause.
  • All the time!!!!!
  • Sadly yes, more dream about the guilt than the actual food... I think I dreamed I ate something salty and sweet and that weigh in day was the next day. Argh...
  • Yes but not very often. A few years ago I dreamed I was being chased by a bucket of fried chicken. And I don't even like fried chicken.