3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Interesting Veggies (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/28795-interesting-veggies.html)

missaprylj 06-26-2003 03:53 PM

Interesting Veggies

Any recipes that make veggies interesting that you'd care to share?
Last night, I cut up a bundle of broccoli, added some chopped black olives and drizzled a little FF Italian dressing on it. It was fantastic! Thanks in advance for your reply! -Apryl

Goddess Jessica 06-26-2003 04:23 PM

Gosh I was just thinking about this last night because I don't have new ways to prepare vegetables and I'm soooo bored of the old ways.

My favorite is microwaving (or steaming) a bunch of veggies (usually brocolli and cauliflower but sometime spinach and zuchinni) and top it with a 1/4 cup of spaghetti sauce. Really yummy!

I also love Sweet Potato Fries. Just cut up a bunch of sweet potatoes, spray with PAM, sprinkle salt. Cook for about 15-20 minutes. Broil at the end to crisp them up.

I look forward to all the new recipes.

Sheila53 06-26-2003 04:39 PM

I got this off another board. I toss some green beans with minced garlic and a very little bit of olive oil, then roast them in the oven. Mmmm!! I also steam green beans and then add Trader Joe's Pinjur sauce to them. Since Pinjur sauce is veggies, too, I get lots of veggies that way.

soiley 06-27-2003 10:51 AM

one of my favorites - julienne (or grate) carrots, zuchinni, onions, and stir fry (I use olive oil in a spraying bottle). Toss with cooked pasta (I like angel hair) and a small grating of very very good parmesan cheese (using high quality cheese lets you get "more bang for your buck", i.e. more taste in a very small amount. I'd just rather not eat cheese as to eat fat free stuff.). Very light and tasty. Vidalia (or any sweet) onions and green beans cooked in broth (or wine to taste really special). Canned julienned beets, drained, heated in orange juice. Shake raw potato & onion wedges in a baggie with an envelope of the original ranch dressing mix (the kind you have to add buttermilk and mayo to) and roast them in the oven.

bella23 06-28-2003 07:44 PM

I love to take Zuchinni and slice it and add a little olive oil to a pan with some water, I add soy sauce and let cook till they are tender.

I also like to take Zuchinni and slice it in half the long way. Then you boil them till tender, then add a little cheese, salt and pepper and bake in the oven till the cheese is melted. They are SO good.

I also love to take spaghetti squash and bake it till tender, scoop it out and then add ragu suer vegy primavera sauce to it. LOTS of veggis and they taste GREAT.

Hope you like at least one of them.

Bella23

SuchAPrettyFace 07-01-2003 11:26 PM

I don't know if you are able, but I like to grill them. Get a grill basket so nothing falls through the grates & throw 'em on the grill. Eggplant, zucchini, onion, mushroom, tomato, green pepper, whatever you like, really.

You can do the same thing w/a large roasting pan in the oven, bake @ 400 until veggies are tender, 10-20 min, depending on how small you cut the pieces.

I like to season w/a brush of olive oil & Mrs Dash.