Old 09-24-2013, 10:50 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 239/165/132

Height: 5'5.5

Default rant!!

im just hating myself right now,,,, i had a cheat day on sunday,, gained 2 lbs and its not coming off now,,, and im hating it when my husband grabs my upper arm and jiggles it,,, and i just snapped at him for doing that (although he did it good naturedly) and we ended up having a fight,,,, why the **** is it still jiggly even though ive lost 43 lbs,, insane thinking,,, its jiggly because im still obese,, despite all this effort im still fat,,, i currently seem tired and my will power and resolve are weakening,,, i feel like crying and i feel like i might give up any moment ,,, i hate myself right now,,,, and im turning into a grouchy old dieter who fights with her husband just because she cant snack on cupcakes and all sort of junk,,,, my mind is all messed up right now,,,
hamlette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 12:17 PM   #2  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Hugs!!!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 12:29 PM   #3  
Lose 1lb. Repeat 99 times

S/C/G: 262/signature/170

awww hamlette
this weight loss business is frustrating for sure. but look at how far you've come. you will get rid of the jiggly arms for sure!! don't call yourself a dieter, that only makes things harder for you. I call myself a health freak (whatever it takes to keep me away from cupcakes and cookies)
I am totally frustrated at not hitting ONEderland already and even after losing all this weight, I still hate my shadow I feel fatter than ever before because for the first time I have actually started noticing myself and my progress.
So yes definitely what makes us grouchy is not seeing the results we expect.
Imagine how horrid you would feel if you indeed snack on those cupcakes.. Worse than you felt now!!
hang in there.. you got this!!
nitrus29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 12:40 PM   #4  
motivational guru wannabe

S/C/G: 205/205/185 by spring

Height: 5'4"

Okay, take a deep breath...I know you are really frustrated right now. But you have lost over 40 lbs in 4 months. That is terrific....that is AMAZING!! Now, did you put on those 40 pounds in 4 months time?? Probably not. You still have a way to go on your journey, don't give up now. Everyone on this site has had bad days...take a minute and cry to release your frustrations... but I hope you don't quite...you have already worked so hard.

I read something in one of my girlfriends paleo books. ...It was something like this (please note that I'm only conveying the idea of what the book said). "Why do people jeopardize their health and well being just because they like the taste of something. Taste is the most over rated of the human senses. If staring at a beautiful picture caused heart disease and other ailments, wouldn't you stop staring? If smelling a particularly pleasant scent for prolonged amounts of time caused clogged arteries and strokes, wouldn't we plug our noses. We automatically stop touching something that will harm us. So, we have to ask ourselves why - just for the sake of particular tastes in our mouths - do we continue to put the wrong foods in our mouths to the point of making ourselves sick?"
Okay, I don't know why, but that hit a note for me. I may want to give into the taste of a cupcakes and junk, but that taste last just a few minutes and then it's gone...and then I am left with nothing. The feeling of knowing that i am losing weight and am getting healthier is a feeling I can have all day long...and hopefully longer.
Good luck on your journey and hang in there!!! I am sending you a big hug!
boatingmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 01:22 PM   #5  

Thank you everyone for the hugs.. i feel a bit better,, i need to go through reasons for why im feeling this way and deal with them

nitrus thank you for your kind words and you're right,, id feel worse if i gave in and ate those cupcakes, because that would make me slip completely and undo all the hard work!!

boatingmommy thank you soooooooo much for the lines that you shared... why be dominated by something as trivial as taste in the mouth that only lasts for a few seconds, but the harmful effects of consuming it can last forever... ill be re-reading these lines many times in the next few days to help me get over the thought of unravelling all my hard work by eat rubbish,,,, i cant be controlled by food, im stronger than this!!!! thank you again,,, you guyz are amazing!!!!
Old 09-24-2013, 03:10 PM   #6  
awesomeness.

S/C/G: 350-ish/ticker/199

hamlette, you're doing great! you know this.
wishfuiiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 07:13 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 278/208/165

Height: 5'6"

Why the heck did he jiggle your arm? What a turkey. Maybe you had the fight because you were pissed at his thoughtlessness and not the diet per se? Sometimes spouses are inadvertently saboteurs instead of supporters.

Can I throw my rant in here too? Someone at work said to me yesterday, "Hey, have you been losing a little weight?" Umm, yeah, 60 pounds now. Glad to know it's made so little difference nobody's sure if they can see it or not. Didn't go have the Baconator for lunch after that, but sure thought about it.
Darwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 07:39 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 85/83/60

Height: 156cm

Don't worry about your bad day, getting back on track is the most important part! Sometimes it takes me a week before I let that sink in and start eating healthy again. Tell your husband that its mean! I know he doesn't intend to hurt you, but I know how it feels. I've hated how my arms look since adolescence! Just keep up a healthy eating regime and keep posting! This forums really helped me day to day, it's been really good.
Fresh Feeling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 07:56 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 256/251/145

Height: 5'6"

Oh honey we all feel that way sometimes! Be proud of yourself every minute you didn't give into the cupcake! As for you arm jiggler, just talk to him and tell you how you feel about it. I personally think I will be able to fly once I drop enough weight with the bat wings I will have. I will be a super hero able to slice a cucumber with my bare hands!
scarletmeshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 09:15 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 238/188/150

Height: 5'2

boatingmommy-LOVE THAT! its so true!!!

start adding weights in your exercise to tighten up those arms...they are jiggly because you are losing the weight (good thing) now tighten!!!

we all have our up and down days...we can't always be rainbows and butterflies so prepare for more bad days but take them by charge, have a good cry and then get back on the horse!
SarainMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 04:15 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 298/195/160

Height: 5' 5"

I can relate! I feel fatter now than I did before too. And most people haven't noticed that I have lost almost 50 since February. Depressing!! Just hang in there, the weight loss needs to be for us and no one else. Coming here where everyone understands was the best thing to do!
Hopegrowsagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 04:39 PM   #12  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

Honey, I jiggle everywhere. My boyfriend pokes me constantly. He full out grabs my flab and wiggles my whole body. Occasionally he gets beaten for it.

It's ok to be the "grouchy" dieter. This sh**t is HARD! It takes focus and dedication and supportive spouses who realize that jiggling us is going to make us cry. You've done amazing things.
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 09:02 AM   #13  

I love you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you for all the support!