Old 10-16-2013, 08:47 AM   #76  

S/C/G: 337.6/see ticker/190

Height: 5' 7"

Well up this morning. 246.4 Hoping it is from running last night. It has been awhile.

Rebelle sorry the scale is being stubborn, but I know if I was traveling a lot like that I would probably be tempted to eat out and probably not always the healthiest of stuff. So keep being awesome!
Mara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 02:07 PM   #77  
Simply Filling Technique

Smile

rebelle, count me in too for wanting to break the 240s by Halloween and then start out in November on a whole new page. I think we can do it---we still have two weeks left of this month. Two weeks and one day until Halloween.

I don't know about the rest of you but the conversation with my Dh went like this the other night "So, what candy are we getting the trick and treaters and what candy are we getting for us?" I am not going to fool myself when it comes to that day. I remember last year and one older kid asked me if he could have two more and I said to him point blank (and as serious as a judge) "so, what am I supposed to eat when all of you guys go home?" I get very "territorial" on Halloween! I think it is because my Mom used to take my sister and mine "stash" and put it in a huge mixing bowl on the very top shelf of one of the kitchen cupboards and we had to "ask" for what we "worked so hard for" each time we wanted some candy. I do not know why I didn't take that metal kitchen stool and climb up and get it. I guess, my Mom also was very "territorial" about her "stash".

So, in the meantime, I am back going "no sugar". A well meaning friend sent home a half dozen pumpkin spice cupcakes which are frozen in the freezer. I have been tempted but so far, so good. I have had two very good days where I stayed within my calorie range and also worked out yesterday. I am feeling more like my old self so I think that bout with the cold/flu is safely behind me. So, now to get down to "brass tacks".

I am down .6 lbs. and I am very pleased to say that I managed to keep my sodium under 2500 mg. The AHA and ADA both say to keep it under 1500 mg but gosh I would be having water (which also has some natural occurring sodium in it) and bananas (1 mg sodium). So, for me 2500 mg is a good place for me. Now, to keep that up.

mandy here is rooting for you that you come away with some of that hard-earned cash this coming Friday. I will check in and find out how much you have to "enjoy".

Take care all and have a good day, Pam
pamatga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 02:55 PM   #78  

S/C/G: HW:336/CW:236/GW:175

I had a doc appointment this morning so I've been playing catch up at work. I only have a moment, but I wanted to update. I hit another new low today. Yay!!! 244.0 going by my scales at home. By 9:15 at the docs office I weighed 245.2, but considering I was dressed, had drank my coffee and taken all my meds I know it would have been 244 before all that. I would love to go under 240 by the end of the month.

I also received a call from my friend at work this morning who couldn't wait to share her news of losing enough weight to reach the 5% mark. If she weighs the same Friday as today then she will just make it. I'm happy for her, but now it looks like the pot will be split 3 ways for sure because I know how my boss is and she will get those 2 pounds off no matter what she has to do lol. I'm a little disappointed about the money, but I'm happy for my friend. She is almost at the 200 mark! I'm so jealous. She's a lot shorter than I am though so she is only wearing a size smaller than I am.

Pam - Congrats on your weight loss and being able to keep your sodium low. I don't even try to keep my sodium down, but I probably should. I hear you about the candy. I love just about every kind of candy bar ever made. I'm going to have to stay out of it totally because once I get started I just want more, more, more.

Mara & Rebelle - Hang in there. The weight will start coming off again soon if you continue staying on plan.

Happy hump day everyone!!!
mandydawn77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 09:05 AM   #79  

I'm so excited! I hit a new low again this morning, 243.8!!! I don't know how I'm getting so lucky cruising through the 240's, but I'm going to enjoy this while it lasts because I know we all hit plateaus off and on throughout our weight loss journeys, Lord knows I hit one for months back in 2012 where the scale just completely stopped moving.

I made those healthy cookies again last night and they are wonderful, this time I put a couple of chocolate chips on each one to give it a little more flavor. I brought them to work today to share and so far everyone agrees they are good, some say great. Even my picky boss liked it and it's hard to get her to even try new things. I'm having cookies for breakfast this morning lol. They really are filling. I can't get over how easy they are to make. I have more bananas ripening so I can make them again this weekend.

I'm still sweating my butt off at my zumba classes 4 days a week and still loving it. I haven't been doing the walk away the pounds videos the past week or two, but I still plan to do it occasionally on the days I don't have zumba.

I'm going to have to use some of the money from my weight loss winnings to buy some more pants because it's getting cold and most of my pants are way too big now. I'm going to hit the clearance racks at catos first because I can usually find things there that I like and I need new workout clothes too and for that I will try to find something cheap at walmart, which is where I bought the last ones on clearance. I don't mind wearing capri length pants for that, so maybe I can get them cheaper.

I hope you all are having a good week and that the scales are moving in the right direction for you. I'd like us all to get down into the next thread by October. We can do it!!!
Old 10-17-2013, 09:19 AM   #80  

GO Mandy!!!

I am still up. But that is okay. I just need to get my head back in the game.
Old 10-18-2013, 09:46 AM   #81  

Rebelle

I am creeping up again. That seems to be my pattern. Whoosh down, bounce around, and then level out, and finally whoosh down. Repeat.
Old 10-18-2013, 10:00 AM   #82  

243.0 this morning!

Three of us hit the 5% mark and split the pot. My boss just barely made it. The other winner lost 6 pounds since last Friday! She almost caught up with me as far as percentage goes. I ended up with 6.53% lost which was 17 pounds in 6 weeks, so I'm pretty proud of that. The other winners were at 6.04% and 5.08%. We are immediately starting the next challenge and we will be using our final weight from this one and keeping our weight a secret until the final day when we weigh in and it's winner takes all!!! Talk about a challenge. I wish this one would have been winner takes all because I would have won it.

Mara - Your whoosh will be coming soon and I bet it will be a big one.

rebelle - I bet you will meet that goal of being under 240 by halloween.

Happy Friday everyone!
Old 10-19-2013, 12:46 PM   #83  

244 this morning. Up exactly 1 pound from yesterday, but that's understandable because I used up most of my weeklies eating out at my favorite local mexican restaurant. It was so good. I think it helps me be good throughout the week when I can look forward to a big splurge meal once a week. I really did overeat though. I should have stopped before I finished, but I try not to take it home because I only want to splurge for that one meal. I don't know if that's good or not. It definitely cured my craving for mexican food, at least for now For some reason the guacamole didn't taste as good as it usually does, but the salsa and chips were wonderful.

I bought some sugar free jello pudding cups at walmart yesterday. I didn't get the cool whip yet, but I may get that next time. I have some bananas that are getting pretty ripe so I may have to make those cookies again or this recipe I found for banana pumpkin bread that looks amazing. I'm just afraid I might eat too much of that. I did buy a can of pumpkin though - just in case lol. My mom is wanting to make her wonderful pumpkin coconut bread this year (she never made it last year). I need to get her recipe and see just how many points it will be for me to have part of it. I'm sure it will be a lot more than the recipe I found on skinnytaste.com

I hope you are all having a wonderful weekend!
Old 10-21-2013, 09:24 AM   #84  

Morning! I had a wedding this weekend and I did pretty good since it was a buffet reception. I had a big salad with a little side of bbq, corn, and hashbrown casserole. And then the tinest cupcake. It was cute and looked like a toy. lol I weighed in at 244.8 this morning.

Mandy you are flying through the 40's! And a pound from Mexican is awesome. For something sweet I sometimes have vanilla low fat yogurt with a few sark chocolate chips sprinkled in.

Rebelle I hope your back gets better. As for the getting up at 3am I read an article once that said that it could be from low potassium. Maybe try upping that?
Old 10-21-2013, 09:49 AM   #85  

A new low this morning - I can't believe it! 240.8!!!

I think those healthy cookies are actually helping with my weight loss. They are so filling and I feel like I'm getting a real treat. I made a batch and a half Saturday night and I can't seem to stay out of them. I've had them for breakfast the last two mornings and my bedtime snack and even had one before my zumba class yesterday. I had a hard time figuring out my calories and points for my crockpot pot roast with vegetables that I ate on all weekend, so maybe I overshot on the calories. It's hard for me to know which one to pick on mfp and I have to guess on the amount. I ate way too many potatoes every time I went to the kitchen I snagged a potato and carrot out of the pot. Besides a lean cuisine on Saturday all I had was bowls of roast with vegetables and those darn cookies.

It was so nice and cool yesterday that we did zumba outside again. It really messed with my allergies though. By the time I left my eyes were stinging, my nose was running and I felt like I had wind burn on my face. I did my walk away the pounds video Saturday, but other than that I didn't do anything but laundry and lay around all day.

I'm so thankful for my wonderful weight loss, this past week or so has been great, but I just keep waiting for it to stop because I don't think it can keep going down at this rate much longer. It's weird though because even though the scale is really showing good losses I have felt fat the past two days, my clothes don't seem to be showing the loss. They don't feel any looser than they did the past couple of weeks. My dad did make a nice comment about my weight loss when he seen me about a week ago. I can't remember exactly what he said, but it was something about me shrinking.

I'm going to drink more water today because I tend to not drink as much on the weekends and I know I need it. I'm not sure if I should change my signature or not because I just have a hard time believing I'm down to 240 already.

Rebelle - Scrubbing the deck is far from not doing anything! That's hard work and really hard on the back and knees I would think. I'll have to try the graham cracker treats. Is it just cool whip smeared on a chocolate graham cracker and then frozen?

Happy Monday everyone!
Old 10-21-2013, 01:59 PM   #86  

Mandy that is awesome!!! keep whooshing down.
Old 10-21-2013, 03:00 PM   #87  

I just bought the off brand of quick oats, but you could use Quaker brand. I bought the tall, round, cardboard container.

I've been reading all the different comments from people on her website who have tried changing up the recipe so this last time I changed it a little. I added a little cocoa, a splash of vanilla and 3 chocolate chips on each one. I'm considering replacing half of the banana with pumpkin and adding some cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice as someone suggested. I should probably try to stick as close to the basic recipe as possible or else I need to check the WW points to see if they are more with the changes I've made. I counted 6 points for 5 cookies because when I used the nutrition info from mfp and checked it with the WW calculator that's how it came out.

The original recipe is just two ripe bananas mashed up real good (you can stick it in the microwave for a few seconds to soften it a little more if you want), 1 cup quick oats and 1/4 cup of chopped walnuts (I used pecans because that's what I had in the freezer). Her recipe said you could replace the nuts with chocolate chips and it would still be a 1-point cookie.
Old 10-22-2013, 08:25 AM   #88  

240.2 this morning

I have to admit I was hoping to get under 240, but I'm still happy with 240. I was hoping to get to 240 by the end of the month, so getting to it sooner was a great surprise.

I think my zumba instructor was trying to kill us last night lol. It was a rough workout, especially since I had a headache all day. Ibuprofen wasn't getting rid of it and neither was drinking lots of water. I think it has something to do with allergies. The mold count is really high right now.

I'm off work today because I have to take my daughter to the orthodontist. I had to get up just as early to get my son off to school though. Too bad I couldn't sleep in.

I hope you all have a wonderful day and show some good losses on the scales.
Old 10-22-2013, 09:08 AM   #89  

I am sure you will be out of here tomorrow Mandy.

I got 244.2 this morning, so yay!
Old 10-22-2013, 10:48 AM   #90  
Simply Filling Technique

Smile

Congrats, Mandy, on being the "biggest loser" of your office weight loss challenge. By the sound of it, you have a very good chance of winning the next round the way you are going. Keep up the good work! I am sure the added cardio is making a big difference in your moving through the 240s so quickly.

Thanks ladies for the two low cal sweet treats. I plan to try both soon. I already keep a box of the 40 calorie no sugar fudgesicles in the freezer for those times when I just want a little taste of chocolate.

I met my weekly goal last week for the workouts that I had wanted to do. My food plan was "spot on" until my DH brought home some leftovers from his weekend "business luncheon". I overdid on pasta salads and I had two regular cupcakes. My weight loss right now is stalled but I know what the cause of it is: like others here, carbs and high sodium cause me to be both thirsty and hungry.. not always the best combination. I do best with a low carb food plan. I just do. Tonight I go grocery shopping and I will load up on fish and chicken. That will help me get back on track. I want to join the "whoosh parade" going on here. so let's all "whoosh away".

I love the energy going with you, Mandy! You are definitely "on fire". I love it when I can trade down in my clothes. I did that this past summer and it was soooo much fun. Have fun clothes shopping!

Mara, don't be discouraged, it will come off so keep on "keepin on".

Take care all, Pam

Last edited by pamatga; 10-22-2013 at 10:49 AM.
pamatga is offline   Reply With Quote