Old 10-05-2013, 09:39 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 280/278/180

Height: 5'8"

240.4 I'm about to be in the 230's. I'm going to try to make it in there by tomorrow. We shall see!!
Only Believe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 10:49 AM   #47  

S/C/G: HW:336/CW:236/GW:175

Height: 5' 7"

247.2 this morning

I think I'm going to take the kids to the movies today and then we are all going to get our hair trimmed up. My teenage daughter is wanting a change, luckily she doesn't want to cut it all off because my mom and grandma would flip out lol. I trimmed my own bangs awhile back because they were getting on my nerves and I'm sure I jacked them all up. I'm so bad about putting off haircuts. I'm going to pack a baggy of pickles for the movies. It was much easier to sneak things into the movies back when I carried a diaper bag lol. I'd like to bring a 100-calorie bag of popcorn, but I don't carry a big purse. I can only imagine how many points the movie popcorn with butter would be. I pray for willpower today My weekly points start over today, but I sure don't want to use them all up on popcorn.

rebelle - I usually buy the ez-sweetz on amazon in a 3-pack of little bottles. It's just over $20 I think, but each bottle is equal to 5 pounds of sugar and I like to carry one in my purse to sweeten my tea at restaurants. It only takes a drop or two and a quick stir and it's perfect. They started selling it at my wlmart. It's in a bigger bottle and it's half the strength of the ones I usually buy. I got one of the bigger bottles and the only complaint I have is that it comes out too fast. The little bottles you actually have to squeeze to get a drop. The big bottle I got just comes out when you tip it over so you have to be careful not to get too much. I'm not trying to sell the stuff lol. I just have bottles and bottles of sweeteners I've tried and hated over the years and I never cared for the granulated stuff because it doesn't dissolve too well. I have wasted a lot of money over the last few years of low carb dieting. I have all kinds of low carb baking things I've bought off of netrition. I do like using almond flour though. It makes a good breading for chicken strips. My kids like it. Sometimes I just buy the almonds and put them in the food processor myself, but it's hard to get them really fine like it is when you buy it. I have a freezer full of things like almond flour and ground flax seed. One thing I really like is making stir fry with grated cauliflower for the rice. My entire family loves it. I tend to go overboard with the soy sauce though lol. I don't really do the cauliflower mashed potatoes, but the rice is great. You can do it in the food processor or grate it (it's messy though). You can even steam it in the microwave. I'm a huge fan of rice and Chinese food, so I was excited to have a rice substitute.

I have no idea how I ended up talking about food, but now I'm hungry so I guess I'll go grab something for breakfast.
mandydawn77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 03:34 PM   #48  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Mandy Dawn, I like your new avatar. I've driven myself crazy by following the 'rules' of weightloss for over a year, but I never lost anything. So I'm not sure these things really work. I'm trying to find my own rules but so far I haven't lost much either so I'm not sure I'm a lot of help. I think some of them help curb certain behaviors which might have led to gained weight but I don't feel that all weightloss rules fit everyone. Such as everyone else I know seems to love to eat bread, I don't, so giving up bread doesn't affect me the way it might someone who eats it all the time. The last time I tried to lose weight I tried the smaller meals more frequently, but I think that 'fed" my desire to eat more, since I was eating 'all the time' I thought about food all the time and I think that backfired. I'm trying to eat more at a meal, get full {not overfull}, then wait until the next meal or I get hungry before thinking about eating again.

Rebelle,I had a few of Karen's dvds but I never liked Bob. It took me a long time to learn this but I don't have to do everything the instructor does to do a workout. Do shallower squats, or not as many reps, or less weights or no weights, or low impact instead of jumping. The hard workouts are what keeps me coming back for more, the ones I can do the first time I get bored of quickly and don't do again.

Mara, great Job!
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 04:39 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 337.6/see ticker/190

Thanks guys! I was 244.6 this morning.

Only you will be out here tomorrow I am sure of it.

Mandy I need a haircut bad. I always put it off.
Mara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 04:40 PM   #50  

Rebelle I'm glad the hurricane is now a tropical storm. Fingers crossed it winds down more.
Old 10-06-2013, 08:39 AM   #51  

I'm moving on out now because I'm claiming this!
See you all soon!
Old 10-06-2013, 11:08 AM   #52  

248.2 this morning. I thought it was going to be 247, but then it jumped up before it stopped.

Congratulations Only Believe!!!! I hope to catch up to you before you leave the 230's, but don't wait up lol. Keep doing what you're doing, it's working well for you.

I did a walk away the pounds video (2 mile brisk walk) yesterday to help counteract the movie popcorn and a few pieces of candy the kids gave me. I made the mistake of not eating anything before we went to the movies, so I was hungry. I knew better, but wanted to go to the first movie of the day. We all got our haircut afterward, so at least I accomplished that. The rest of the day was spent at home doing laundry. We had a cold front move in yesterday so we had beef stew. It was mostly vegetables, hardly any beef. Lots of cabbage, carrots, potatoes, onion, green beans, corn and tomatoes. I have a hard time figuring up the points on things like that. I had two bowls, but I skipped the crackers. I have had to look at a box of cinnamon rolls sitting on the counter for days and surprisingly I have resisted them. They sure were looking good last night. I really want to keep losing weight, so I have to resist those urges because it will quickly turn into a binge. I was watching the golden girls this morning and Blanche was eating chips ahoy cookies and it made me want some, but I know me and I can eat the whole package once I get started. I bought some hummus and red cabbage - I seen on someone's blog that red cabbage works great for dipping. I also bought some fresh fruit to snack on. I'm planning on staying away from McDonald's this week. I want to try to eat healthier. I have my zumba class at 4 and I'm looking forward to that, not as many people make it to the Sunday class so it's not so crowded.

Hope you all have a great day!
Old 10-07-2013, 08:42 AM   #53  

I was in the 240's so long that I automatically clicked this tread to post LOL Thanks rebelle, and Mandy. I wish you all the best and I'll be watching for you both! 238.4
Old 10-07-2013, 09:54 AM   #54  

Rebelle - You are almost out of here as well! I have to hurry up and get to the next thread before you all get too far ahead of me. I bet by the time you get back on Wednesday you will be under 240.

I had my lowest weigh in so far at home this morning, but then by the time I got to work I was disappointed. I drank a little more coffee than usual, but I haven't had breakfast yet. By my scales at home I should have weighed 245 here at work, but instead it was 247. Oh well, maybe by Friday I will officially be 245. I felt thinner this morning and I tried on a shirt that used to show my rolls really bad and I didn't wear it because I was so uncomfortable in it. It fits really well now, except I don't like how short the sleeves are and they have tight elastic which makes me feel uncomfortable about my arms. I didn't wear it today, but I may try to stretch the sleeves a bit so that the elastic isn't so tight because other than the sleeves I love how it fits now. I also tried on some old navy slacks that I never really wore because they fit too tight on my thighs. Now they fit good in the thighs, but the waist is HUGE and they literally fall off. I will have to pass them on to someone because they're really cute.

Hope you all have a good Monday.
Old 10-07-2013, 10:20 AM   #55  

Congrats Only, Rebelle and Mandy!

I am up today, 246, but I saw that coming. There was a Charity Wing Festival here and I did my part by buying wings. LOL They were delicious and the proceeds go to the Ronald McDonald House so I think it was worth it.

Now to get the extra pounds off again. Walked this morning, even though it is very cold and my body is sore from weed eating/mowing the lawn. Have the Heart Walk this Saturday, so have to get back to it.
Old 10-07-2013, 01:21 PM   #56  
Simply Filling Technique

Smile Week 2 Weigh In Report

Thanks patchworkpenguin for the link. I have already saved it and I will look into it further when I am feeling better.

Well, my weekly weigh in is 242.0 lbs. I was 241.4 lbs. last Monday so, unfortunately, you will see the likes of me for a while longer. I could feel a cold coming on for the past week but since nothing seemed to materialize I went ahead and met all of my personal workout goals. I did cardio 3x, both upper and lower body strength weight workouts 2x and abs once. (well, I wanted to do those twice too but by the end of the week I was getting really tired). My food plan was very good up to Friday. I felt ravenous hungry all day and it seemed like nothing would fill me. I also had some sweets offered at a Friday night church gathering we go to.

Then, Saturday, I awoke with body aches, both hot and cold, a really severe sinus headache and my glands swollen so I have been sick now for 48 hours. Saturday night I slept 12 hours so I didn't go to our church's fall picnic but my DH brought home some food for me. Of course, that included some prize winning cake and cookies. Is this story starting to depress you as much as it is me?

Anyway, today is a new day and a new week so I hope that all of you will have both a good day and a good week coming up. I will check back in a couple of days. For now, lots of o.j., cold meds and sleep.

Take care, Pam
pamatga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 02:40 PM   #57  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Pam, you are welcome.

Weighed in today at 243.2 which isn't much of a change if not the same as the week before. sigh.

Hubby got home safely, if not a few hours late due to some last minute work and a flat tire. But its nice to have him back. He got some time off later this week, which will also be nice.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 09:05 AM   #58  

I can't remember exactly, but I was 247.? this morning. I'm having one of those "I feel fat" days. People were so rude on the road this morning. This day isn't starting off too well. I hope it gets better soon.
Old 10-08-2013, 09:15 AM   #59  

Pamatga I hope you get to feeling better.

Patchwork I am glad you husband made it home safe.

Mandy I hope your day gets better.

I am down a little from yesterday, 245.2.
Old 10-09-2013, 09:41 AM   #60  

247 point something again this morning at home, but 248.8 is what it showed by the time I got to work. I know my clothes can't weigh too much, but I guess the water and coffee added with it must really add up. They had a fundraiser for my son's school last night at mcdonald's of all places and of course my son talked me into going. A very unhealthy dinner for my diet, but luckily I had eaten really light all day so I had lots of points/calories left. I have zumba the next two nights so I can sweat it off and they're doing a free black light zumba party this Saturday and I'm planning on going to that too. They are usually an hour and a half so I'll get a half hour more than the usual, plus they usually have multiple instructors taking turns on stage so we do a lot of new stuff. Everyone always dresses all crazy and puts things in their hair that glow and paint on their faces, neon tutus, crazy socks, etc. It's a lot of fun. They usually cost $10 a person, but this one is free!

Next Friday is our final weigh in for our weight loss challenge here at work and if I can hang on to the 247 or below then I'm at the 5% goal and so far I'm the only one! It would be awesome to get the entire pot all to myself, but there are two others that are not too far behind me, so it looks like it will be split three ways. We shall see.

Happy hump day everyone!