Old 11-07-2013, 09:22 AM   #136  

S/C/G: HW:336/CW:236/GW:175

Height: 5' 7"

239.8 this morning. I'm starting to get frustrated that I still haven't seen 238 again and it has been like a week ago. I know that's how it goes, but it's hard not to get frustrated. I wish it would just steadily go down instead of bouncing up and down. Traffic was horrendous this morning. People are rude and don't know how to drive in dense fog obviously. I was late to work so now I'm going to have to stay over to make it up...grrrrr. I can't drop my son off at the bus stop or at school any earlier, so I can't leave early to beat traffic. I went to Hallmark and got my secret pal a pretty votive holder with a bird on the edge and a lavender vanilla candle to put in it. Her favorite color is purple and this was purple and gold crackle (I guess that's what you would call it) and she likes butterflies and birds and the scent of lavender. I was trying to think of anything not too expensive and not junk food. My secret pal got me a two pack of giant sized peanut butter cookies and it's 11 points per cookie! I had skipped lunch and just had a Starbucks skinny peppermint mocha so I was starving in the afternoon and ate one of the cookies, then a turkey sandwich about 2 hours before zumba. I had to keep my dinner kind of light to make up for that giant cookie.

Congrats on the weight losses Mara and Sue.

That recipe sounds yummy rebelle. I have some cauliflower in the freezer that I need to do something with, maybe I'll try that.
mandydawn77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 09:01 AM   #137  

S/C/G: 337.6/see ticker/190

Rebelle that is how I felt with finding some smaller clothes in my closet. The only thing I really need to buy soon are some jeans. Mine are loose, baggy and make me feel slouchy.

I am down to 244.6 this morning.
Mara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 09:37 AM   #138  

Well the scales are showing anywhere from 238.8 to 240.4 this morning, the latter being here at work wearing jeans. I guess I'll go inbetween and say 239. I had cheese pizza last night, 2 hot wings and even two little slices of chocolate chip cookie pizza. My sodium intake was definitely high yesterday. My mom just had to order a dessert pizza. Between zumba and shifting charts all week, which we will be doing again today and even into next week, my arm and shoulder muscles are sore. Last night at zumba she focused on the arms a lot. I'm glad I get a 3-day weekend so my body can mend itself before it takes another beating next week. I am quite disappointed that the community center is closed for veteran's day though because that means we can't have zumba on Monday and I really hate missing a class. I have workout videos at home, but they are not nearly as motivating as my zumba instructor.

I hope you all have a happy Friday and that the scales are nice to you today

Congrats rebelle on fitting into size 16 jackets - that's awesome! I have no clothes in my closet that small because I literally have not worn a size that small since I was a kid. It's sad, but true. I have been really heavy all my life. It will be fun getting into uncharted territory, but unfortunately I will eventually have to buy new clothes because I think I may have a pair of 18's, but I'm not even sure I have anything under 20. I really need to clean out my closet because I still have 26's and 28's in there and even 24's are too big now. I'm into 22's and some 20's. I'm excited that I'm getting close to the teen sizes lol.

I better get to work now. Boss says we are going to start shifting at 9 TGIF
Old 11-08-2013, 01:30 PM   #139  

S/C/G: 295/see ticker/150

Height: 5'9

Hey all, I'm back! Hopefully for a good long time this time I've been back for a few days up in the 250s forum. I bought a new scale yesterday because my old one was acting up even with a new battery and it says I am almost 3lbs lighter than my old scale said! Hooray! LOL

So today I weighed in at 249.4. Hopefully it sticks! I had an Einstein Bros Asiago Bagel yesterday so my sodium and carb levels were higher than normal so I'm hoping I will get a nice little whoosh to firmly set me here.

Rebelle Congrats! I love "shopping" in my closet for clothes that now fit. Double bonus that they are brand new! I think I am going to go to the thrift shop today, I only have 2 sweaters that fit and it is getting really cold here (to me at least!)

Mara Buying new clothes because what you are wearing is too big is GREAT! I am jealous! I am buying from a re-gain and I keep putting it off so I wear the same things over and over and over lol

Mandy I feel you on being heavy for what seems like forever, I recently came across a developmental thing I did in the 9th grade and the nurse weighed me in at 236. I was 13 at the time I remember being heavy but I think I blocked out how heavy! But we will both get there eventually!
pnkrckpixikat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 04:24 PM   #140  

Welcome back pixikat! That's probably about what I weighed at that age as well and I'm so worried that my daughter is headed down the exact same path. I try so hard to encourage her to exercise more and eat less and I'm also trying to lead by example, but I hope it's not too late. She tried low carb with me a long time ago and loved the fast weight loss, but she couldn't stick with it long because she loves, loves, loves bread. I tried getting her to do 1 cheat day a week, but that didn't work either. My mom is no help at all because she is always giving my kids junk. When I was a kid we had fried food and bread and butter with every meal (potatoes were the main vegetable) and there was always a dessert of some kind because dad had to have cookies or cake or something in his lunch box every day. Mom hardly cooks anymore, but she's still a huge dessert lover and she always buys enough for everyone and my kids are just like I was and can't resist it. They have the same love for food that I always have and, just like me, they don't know when to stop. I'm really worried that my 14-year-old daughter will soon be heavier than I am. I don't know what to do. I practically beg her to do zumba with me and once in a great while she will do it, but only the songs she likes. I forced her to do it with me once and then I felt bad. I try to encourage her to ride her bike. I made sure I bought one with a comfy seat and it's just her size. She tried WW's and did well for awhile, but now every time I ask her to do it again she says no, she doesn't want to. I'm afraid I'll soon be able to wear her clothes and I know how I felt being the heaviest person in my family and I don't want her to experience that. If I could possibly afford to move out of my parent's house then I could control the food and it wouldn't be such an issue. I have tried talking to my mom about it, but I think she thinks I'm too hard on the kids when it comes to food. If you could see the amount of junk food in my house you would be blown away. My friend here at work says there is no possible way she would be able to live there and stay on a diet, but it's just like when I quit smoking - my mom would hop right in my car with a cigarette and never even consider how I felt about it or how bad I wanted one. I love my mom and she does apologize for these things, but she just continues to do it over and over. Like last night when she ordered pizza, she just had to get a dessert pizza too. My mom isn't thin, but she's also never been too heavy either. On my salary I could barely afford to move out if it was just me and with the kids there is absolutely no way. I haven't heard from the kids' dad in a couple of years and I doubt he has a job anyway. He sure hasn't ever tried to help me out financially and when I tried to file child support they never could find him. He hasn't filed taxes in about 14-15 years. When he does work it's doing construction or some other type of work where he can get paid under the table. I don't mean to go on and on with all my problems, but it's just so frustrating watching my kids, my daughter especially, go through the same weight issues that I have. Do you guys have any suggestions? I buy my own food and food for my kids, but they still have all the junk that my parents buy and I just don't see any way for me to keep them out of it. They are just like me and enjoy food so much that I feel like it would be torture for me to expect them to resist it when it's right in their face at all times. Maybe I could entice my daughter with a weight loss challenge between myself and her...maybe money would get her more motivated. Hmmmm I may just have to give that a shot. I'll try just about anything to get her motivated.

I always get that guilty feeling from my mom, like I'm going too far with the weight issue and being mean for trying to get my kids to lose weight, but it's no secret that they are both overweight and eat way too much and it's not like I tease them or say mean things, but it is almost daily that I find myself saying something about them not needing any more helpings or I think it's too late to be having a dessert. I'm not trying to be mean or make them feel like I think they are fat and need to lose weight. I just love them and want them to be healthy and not have some of the struggles I had growing up. I think it's because my mom didn't have to experience being the fat kid growing up. I don't want my kids to feel like I'm judging them or expect them to be perfect or anything like that. I just want them to be healthy and happy and I don't know how to address it with them. What do you all think?
Old 11-09-2013, 05:34 PM   #141  

Mandy I'm not a parent so take what I say with a grain of salt, but your kids are their own people. you can encourage them and support them but at the end of the day they are going to do what they want. Even if you cleared the house of everything tempting they could get it on their own somehow. My mom kept junk out of the house but I bought all kinds of things on my own and I doubt she knew about even half of them. Just keep trying to teach them what is healthy and unhealthy and why, keep inviting them to workout with you or go to w.w. etc, and keep being a good model on how to lose the weight and get healthy and when they are ready they will have you there and the knowledge to go about it the right way.

Rebelle Those sound yummy!
Old 11-10-2013, 09:00 AM   #142  

S/C/G: 315.6/Ticker/165

Height: 5'10"

Hello! I am new to this thread. I weighed in today at 249.8!
justaloozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 09:05 AM   #143  

Welcome justaloozer!
Old 11-10-2013, 01:29 PM   #144  

S/C/G: 260/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by justaloozer View Post
Hello! I am new to this thread. I weighed in today at 249.8!
That was my exact weight this morning too! Feels good to be here!
smileygirlmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 06:30 PM   #145  

welcome to mel too! BTW your cat is ADOREABLE!!
Old 11-10-2013, 10:49 PM   #146  

S/C/G: 275/241/165

Height: 5'10"

I'm still stuck at 249 but I've been resisting temptation to binge because the scale hasn't changed. Working out has been nice- at least I had a NSV in that I am no longer out of breadth going up 1 flight of stairs at work. Now to work on doing that for multiple flights of stairs. And Zero noodles really worked- helped me feel full and not want to binge.

Welcome Justaloozer and Mel!

Welcome back pixicat!

And Mandy- I think you're a wonderful mom by encouraging your kids to make healthy choices. I'm not a parent but I am speaking as someone who was a kid in a similar situation. My mom did that at first but then went way beyond encouraging and started being so negative about my appearance all the time. That's when my late night binging started because I was trying to hide how much I was eating from her so she would not think my being overweight was my fault and I got way worse. I think if she stuck with being encouraging but keeping her distance it would have been better. I saw a lot of people who had parents that were really strict and when they went to college they went way out of control and gain way more than the freshman 15. I think that my parents wanted me to lose weight but once they backed off and I made the decision for myself and it started happening. Although I will say that my mom offering steamed vegetables and alternatives when she realized that I wanted to lose weight for myself was nice instead of having what the rest of the family was having. Just take it with a grain of salt.

Rebelle that sounds really good. I've been craving potatoes and that sounds like a nice alternative.

Last edited by peachesandcream; 11-10-2013 at 10:51 PM.
peachesandcream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 07:50 AM   #147  

rebelle - I have got to try that recipe. I looked it up on skinnytaste and it sounds wonderful. I love cauliflower rice so I can imagine the texture and taste.

Thank you everyone for giving me your point of view on my situation with the kids. I try to think back to how I felt as a kid, hoping maybe some idea will come to me. I just wish I knew the right words of encouragement. I don't want them to feel like I'm judging them, but I also don't want to ignore the problem either. After zumba yesterday I rode my son's new bike (I don't know if I told you guys about it already, but it's really cool. It's called a balanzbike, berg is the brand) and played 4-square with the kids. My son loves it when I get out there and play with them. I'm just glad we live at the end of a cul-de-sac and there are kids his age for him to play with. My cousin's kid, who is my daughter's age, stayed over this weekend and I heard her in the backseat on the way to zumba telling the kids "your mom looks different" and my son said "she's been on a diet". I didn't say anything, but I thought it was kind of funny

I hit a new low this morning of 237.4 yay! I'm so close to 100 pounds lost. I can't wait to pass it up and get to my new goal of going under 200 pounds!

I guess it's time for me to officially move on to the next thread, but I will still be checking in on you guys, but not for long because I know you will all be joining me in there soon
Old 11-11-2013, 09:22 AM   #148  

S/C/G: 337.6/see ticker/190

Welcome mel and justaloozer!

Way to go Mandy!!!

pixicat welcome back!

I did not do good this weekend. I am having trouble keeping the snacking under control. I stocked up on healthier foods at the store. I will get back in the swing of things.
Mara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 12:07 PM   #149  

Good morning all! I was good on Friday and Sunday, Saturday was BAAAD. But oh well, moving forward. My weight is still steadily falling even with Saturday's bad eating. I know it will slow down soon though.

Peaches The scale can be stubborn, but if you ignore it and keep on plan it has to cooperate eventually!

Mandy CONGRATS!! I look forward to joining you in the 230s thread eventually

Mara get back OP you can do it!!!!
Old 11-11-2013, 02:00 PM   #150  

S/C/G: 260/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnkrckpixikat View Post
welcome to mel too! BTW your cat is ADOREABLE!!
Awe thanks pixicat! Yours is too!!! I love kitties.
smileygirlmel is offline   Reply With Quote