Weird dreams!

• I had a dream that I binge ate. Like probably well over 10,000 calories. I am NOT a binge eater, never have been. I have no idea why I would dream about it, but it has me a little freaked out. Am I secretly a time bomb waiting to happen?
  • ... or just your subconscious processing the fact that you've been pretty focused on your diet lately.

You were/are stressing about continuing to lose or to just maintain. Your mind is just working it out.

No worries
  • I think this is fairly common. I've seen other people mention it on here. (I had the best hot fudge sundae of my life in a dream. ) It's just a way for your subconscious to deal with its perceived lack of food. I really wouldn't worry about it.
  • LOL One night I dreamed I ate lots of junk food and gained all my weight back. when I woke up I ran to my scale for a weigh in.
  • I've had some food dreams lately. As a boredom and comfort eater who's been searching for other ways to occupy myself, I liken it to a smoker or a drinker; a part of my food-addicted brain is mourning the loss of a comfortable old crutch. Oh well. I won't mourn these hundred-odd extra pounds when they're gone!
  • I used to have a reoccurring dream of my weight loss coach finding me cheating. It would always be something I would never cheat with, like say, a hot dog. It was creepy!
  • I seem to have a lot of anxiety and guilt in my dreams since starting to lose weight. A lot of dreams about me gaining my weight back or having dr.'s tell me what I have done isn't good enough.

A couple weeks ago I had a dream that I ate an entire container of whipped cream.

Thank you subconscious!
  • With dreams, the meaning isn't necessarily in the thing (or person) you dream about - it's in the feeling or significance you associate with that thing or person. Dreaming is your mind trying to work out your issues and it uses the tools it has to work with. That's my two cents anyway
  • Thanks everyone!
    I'm still on plan, so it's all good
  • Yea I have food dreams when I'm not "eating". I just go with it. Food eaten in my head that tasted every bit as good as food eaten in life without the repercussions.

Like faded said your dreams are probably not a direct correlation to eating but rather a symbolic one. It's always the "felt sense" of the dream that is important. IOW, how did you feel in the dream and what recent life event had a correlating feeling? So what has you a little freaked out right now in waking life?

Like others said no harm done.