3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Try, Try Again... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/287114-try-try-again.html)

Daimere 09-03-2013 10:10 AM

Try, Try Again...

So, I'm back to trying again. A few months ago, I found out that my husband lost his job. I was hoping that by now he'd have a job, but no such luck. I've gained back I think 15 pounds. It doesn't seem like much but when I saw 243 on the scale, it hurt. So close to 250, 265, etc. It hurt. I'm sick of this cycle.

So I've been looking up the 5:2 method and intermittent fasting. So I'm going to try IF for a while. Maybe it will just help me prevent gaining anything. I've been trying it for a few days and it's not been that bad! And these were my long days at work. I come home from work and overeat some days. I'll see if it works next week. But I've also cut out any pop (which I was comfort drinking in the last months) and trying smaller portions/leaving some on my plate when possible. I'm still keeping an eye on calories through MFP and using my fitbit when it syncs properly. :( I'm having issues with it.

belovedspirit 09-03-2013 10:34 AM

Welcome back!
:hug: I can't emphasize how wonderful a thing you're doing for yourself. I think most of us struggle with not gaining during stressful times. Maybe that's how many of us end up gaining and re-gaining weight (I know I certainly did). So, congratulations for nipping it in the bud and getting back into the saddle! Small steps and small victories will get you to your goal, for sure. :) And I wish you and your husband the best of luck with him finding work.

luckymommy 09-03-2013 10:35 AM

That is really rough, but good that you're facing it head on. I've done the 5:2 diet and I only did it for about a month. It was really helpful to jump start my diet as I had gained back about 50 lbs. in a year. It taught me that it's ok to be hungry sometimes. If it helps you feel in control then do it as long as you need. I didn't follow it exactly though because on my non fasting days I only would have about 1400 calories so it wasn't that much but then on the fast days I would sometimes go up to 800 calories. Eventually, I just went to having 1200-1700 a day and that worked well for me. I still struggle to stay on plan but I do think that had I not done the 5:2 I would have continued to gain more. Best of luck to you!

Btw, I also like IF to this day. I don't do it every day but I just go based on how I feel. I often times don't have the urge to eat until very late morning or by lunch time so I end up not eating and that works for me. There's an IF thread under General Diet Plans and Questions.

Mozzy 09-03-2013 02:20 PM

Hugs

I know things are rough right now, but it will get better.

Hugs

AwShucks 09-03-2013 06:42 PM

I wondered about you. Sorry to hear your family is enduring stressful times. Just remember "what a difference a day makes!" One day your hubby will say -- I found my dream job! It'll happen!

Until then, get out there and hoop it up! I know that will make you feel better -- it's SO much fun, and you're burning calories!

HelloNurse 09-03-2013 07:19 PM

So glad you're back! Not glad that you're having troubles.

Apropos of nothing, here's a cute puppy to make you smile.

http://i.imgur.com/Y5g3jNm.jpg

Daimere 09-04-2013 12:33 AM

Thanks everyone! I know hooping will make me feel better but I'm just not in the mood. I was hoping that getting to smaller sizes was going to help me learn the things I struggle with. And I think until I start feeling better about myself, I'm going to continue to avoid it. Although I have started learning esperanto the past few months (I didn't want to knit or hoop, so I figured I'd try to learn another language)!

opheliaphoenix 09-04-2013 05:16 PM

Daimere! It's good to see you. I just came back myself a couple days ago after being gone all summer. I'm in exactly the same boat weight-wise right now...was down to 228-229, fell off the wagon and gained about 13 lbs, back up to 242.6 this morning. It's been a huge slap in the face, so I feel you. I was actually doing an IF-type cycle of eating before I "took the summer off", so that's what I'll be going back to in an effort to get back into the swing of things. Other than being off cycle with everyone else's mealtimes in the house, it was really working for me. It's pretty close to my natural inclination of eating, so it was pretty simple to stick to most of the time. Let me know how it goes for you!

Also, I hope your husband is able to find something soon. I know how hard it can be to find a job these days, so sending lots of good energy your guys' way for that, as well. :hug:

P.S. Oh! And, before I forget to mention it, I was on YouTube awhile back - quite awhile back, before I fell off of 3FC, just always forgot to ask - looking at hooping videos, because I really love the idea of it and have considered getting into it. Well, I was looking through different ones, and it led into stream of "Hooping Idol" submissions. Naturally, I was drawn to the "Circus Week" ones, because that's just an awesome combination...and, I think I saw you in one of them! She looked like you, was a hooper, and the girl in the video called her what sounded like "Daimere", so I figured it must be you since it was probably too coincidental for her to have all of those exact things about her....lol. If it was you, you did a great job -- hope you get back in the mood for it one of these days. I need you to teach me, haha. ;)

smashlers 09-04-2013 06:22 PM

We ALL took the summer off! I like that Ophelia!! :devil:

Daimere 09-04-2013 08:16 PM

Quote:

Naturally, I was drawn to the "Circus Week" ones, because that's just an awesome combination...and, I think I saw you in one of them! She looked like you, was a hooper, and the girl in the video called her what sounded like "Daimere",
Yeah, that was me! I was in season 2 of Hooping Idol. I made top 10 but was voted out. So far, it's dramatically lowered my calories (I also do a 5:2, 2000: 800). Not sure what my scale thinks so far.