Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2003, 07:47 PM   #1  

Default Denise Austen anyone?

Hi,

I wanted to vary my exercise tapes, and bought a cheaply priced Denise Austen tape. It's supposed to be a "walking workout." I'd never done one of her workouts before.

Just wondering if anyone else has tried her tapes, and what do they think? I don't mean to be harsh, but I don't think I can stick with this tape. She sounds like a barbie doll cheerleader on helium. I couldn't even tell if I'd like the workout, her voice and mannerisms got on my nerves so much. I'm sorry if I'm offending anyone who is a fan of hers. Maybe I can do the tape with the sound off?

Or I might just chalk it up to seven dollars wasted, and go back to my Leslie Sansone tapes....

Sherry
Old 06-18-2003, 07:59 PM   #2  

Sherry,

LOL!! Glad to know that it's not just me. I can't stand her. She just annoys the crud out of me and I can't do any workouts with her. Nice to know I'm not alone!!
Old 06-18-2003, 08:18 PM   #3  
Old Cackler

first ran into denise austin on her cable exercise show. and promptly changed the channel!!! no way!!!

at first, i did gilad's body in motion on cable. it's on several times during the day, and he's cute!!!! and he also reminds people to work to their own level. very helpful. oh. did i say that he's cute??
Old 06-18-2003, 08:44 PM   #4  

jiffypop,

I've seen Gilad...yes, he's cute!!

mthrgoos-thanks, I didn't think I was the only one! Wish I did like her, she has tons of different workouts, but I can't take the voice.

Guess I'll just keep buying different Leslie Sansone tapes-I really like her workout-the first exercise I've ever stuck to in my life. Perfect for klutzes with two left feet like me!

Sherry
Old 06-18-2003, 11:14 PM   #5  

Default Annoying exercise instructors

IMHO, it is difficult enough for couch potatoes to exercise without having to put up with voices, music, or production styles that MAKE US FEEL CRAZY. As long as we look for something we do like, rather than quitting, we 'll do fine. I've felt like a 2nd class person in my own eyes, and the eyes of others for long enough... I don't have to "settle" for crummy tapes. (That's also partly why I'd rather waste money trying to find one I can live with, than aggravating myself with something I don't like.) It's time to take loving care of myself, even if it is something relatively minor like LIKING the exercise tape.
Old 06-19-2003, 01:14 AM   #6  
Catwoman

I can't do her tapes either. Her voice drives me nuts.
I just did a Kathy smith workout and I loved the music and they calm way she spoke - much more my style.
Closed Thread