I really have lost weight - a bit of a NSV

• I posted a couple weeks ago about how I can't see the weight loss on myself. When I look in the mirror, I look the same. And even though my clothes are getting looser, I still FEEL fat.

Well yesterday my husband took a picture of me with our son. I'm sure a lot of you can relate to hating pictures of yourself. I've found I'm always shocked by how large I look in photos.

But I looked at this photo and I clearly looked smaller. I couldn't stop staring at it. I said to my husband that I can tell I've lost weight and he was like "um ya, that's what I've been telling you".

I had been feeling kind of frustrated with losing weight and this was exactly the motivation I needed to keep going.

So take pictures along the way! They really are more telling than looking in the mirror.
  • I'm glad the picture gave you a boost to continue. Keep up the hard work, you can do it!
  • Good for you! And good advice. I will be visiting my daughter next month on vacation and I'll get her to take some pics.
  • I am glad that the pictures helped you. I have found that is the only way that I can see the difference in myself.
  • I know what a great feeling that is! I'm glad you were able to feel it as well. Nothing feels quite so good as really seeing the change in action!
  • aw, that's wonderful!! I barely trust my own eyes anymore. Sometimes I feel like I am rocking it since I have lost a bit of weight, other times I don't think I look very different and I get a little glum. The best eyes are sometimes other eyes, and that includes our friends, spouses, and especially the camera
  • Super yay!!!
  • I'm very happy for you, and I can definitely relate. It wasn't until my mother showed me a picture from my eighteenth birthday and a picture from this years birthday (only a few days ago) that I realised that I actually had lost weight.

I think we see what we want to see. A lot of people were noticing, but I couldn't. I think it may have been my insecurities, but seeing the photos together was definitely an eye opener.
  • Pictures help SO much! I had much of the same thing during our family pictures a few weeks ago. I knew it was happening, mentally, but I couldn't see it (was having fat day that particular day, actually!). Pictures circumvent the mental piecing of images that makes it difficult to asses our bodies accurately.

CONGRATULATIONS on seeing it!
  • That's awesome!!!

It's great to have tangible proof of your success!!!