3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   I really have lost weight - a bit of a NSV (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/285863-i-really-have-lost-weight-bit-nsv.html)

shutterbugmama84 08-06-2013 07:36 AM

I really have lost weight - a bit of a NSV

I posted a couple weeks ago about how I can't see the weight loss on myself. When I look in the mirror, I look the same. And even though my clothes are getting looser, I still FEEL fat.

Well yesterday my husband took a picture of me with our son. I'm sure a lot of you can relate to hating pictures of yourself. I've found I'm always shocked by how large I look in photos.

But I looked at this photo and I clearly looked smaller. I couldn't stop staring at it. I said to my husband that I can tell I've lost weight and he was like "um ya, that's what I've been telling you".

I had been feeling kind of frustrated with losing weight and this was exactly the motivation I needed to keep going.

So take pictures along the way! They really are more telling than looking in the mirror.

sando5 08-06-2013 07:48 AM

I'm glad the picture gave you a boost to continue. Keep up the hard work, you can do it! :D

Tuscany 08-06-2013 08:12 AM

Good for you! And good advice. I will be visiting my daughter next month on vacation and I'll get her to take some pics.

time2lose 08-06-2013 09:12 AM

I am glad that the pictures helped you. :) I have found that is the only way that I can see the difference in myself.

fairandfree 08-06-2013 12:14 PM

I know what a great feeling that is! I'm glad you were able to feel it as well. :) Nothing feels quite so good as really seeing the change in action!

TooWicky 08-06-2013 01:57 PM

aw, that's wonderful!! I barely trust my own eyes anymore. Sometimes I feel like I am rocking it since I have lost a bit of weight, other times I don't think I look very different and I get a little glum. The best eyes are sometimes other eyes, and that includes our friends, spouses, and especially the camera :)

Mozzy 08-06-2013 01:59 PM

Super yay!!!

madelinerose94 08-06-2013 04:29 PM

I'm very happy for you, and I can definitely relate. It wasn't until my mother showed me a picture from my eighteenth birthday and a picture from this years birthday (only a few days ago) that I realised that I actually had lost weight.

I think we see what we want to see. A lot of people were noticing, but I couldn't. I think it may have been my insecurities, but seeing the photos together was definitely an eye opener.

Arctic Mama 08-06-2013 05:29 PM

Pictures help SO much! I had much of the same thing during our family pictures a few weeks ago. I knew it was happening, mentally, but I couldn't see it (was having fat day that particular day, actually!). Pictures circumvent the mental piecing of images that makes it difficult to asses our bodies accurately.

CONGRATULATIONS on seeing it!

Radiojane 08-06-2013 06:25 PM

That's awesome!!!

It's great to have tangible proof of your success!!!