3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   An Old Pair Of Size 6 Jeans..... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/28556-old-pair-size-6-jeans.html)

Chibit 06-17-2003 02:15 PM

An Old Pair Of Size 6 Jeans.....

I found an old pair of size 6 jeans that I use to wear years ago. They are still so cute! I can't believe I have hung onto them for sooo long! Funny thing is, I use to think I was FAT when I wore them!! I held them up to myself and only 1/2 of me would fit in them today! I would be lucky if I could even get my thigh into the waist bandhttp://www.geocities.com/bat3193/smiley2/sad2.gif

I battled anorexia since I was 10. All through high school I was under 100 pounds. I screwed up my metabolism and now loosing weight is so much work for me...but I KNOW I will do it!

I am hanging onto those jeans because I KNOW I am going to wear them again! It's going to take a lot of work, but I WILL do it!

mthrgoos68 06-17-2003 02:20 PM

Michelle,

Good for you!! You WILL succeed. I have a pair of size 4 jeans in my closet that I continue to hold on to. I know that I'll never wear them again (my goal is to be into about a size 5 or 7), but for some reason, I can't bring myself to get rid of them. I thought I was fat when I wore those too! I wanted to be about 25 pounds thinner than I was when I wore those. What was I thinking?!?!?!?!

Goddess Jessica 06-17-2003 02:21 PM

Michele -

What a wonderful positive attitude!

However, remember when you wore those you hadn't given BIRTH. You a different person now on your way to becoming a healthy person. Size 6 might not be in your future but more energy, more strength and more life is.

I know you will make your goal because you're strong and determined!

Jennelle 06-17-2003 02:41 PM

My smallest adult size was a 6, and I KNEW I was hot! :lol:

My goal weight of 140 will probably put me in an 8. I do have a pair of size 10 khakis hanging on my closet door that I used to wear about four years ago. I guess I weighed about 155/160 then.

Inca's Momma 06-17-2003 02:42 PM

Ummm they make jeans in the single digits?!?!?!? :lol: The smallest I ever wore was a 9 (damn birthing hips I inherited from my dad's side of the family)

BA99TJ 06-17-2003 02:46 PM

Wow Chibit - Great motivational tool!!

I have a pair of size 18 jeans in the back closet right now that are calling my name - I can't wait to fit in them!! :)

Sandi 06-17-2003 03:06 PM

Quote:

Ummm they make jeans in the single digits?!?!?!?
Had to laugh!! I don't EVER remember being in the single digits. I'd be happy with a 10 or 12.

What great motivation Chibit. I have a pair of 11's in my closet. I have a picture of me in them (with old boyfriend). Someday...

dowsx4 06-17-2003 03:17 PM

I have never been in a size smaller than a 16 since i was like 12. IT would awesome for me to even hit a 14! Heck right now i would be doing a happy dance in a size 16.

Sheila53 06-17-2003 06:32 PM

Never been in single digits either, and probably never will no matter what I weigh. I've got hips that will sink ships. . .

Hey, Kim, are all those dogs in your avatar yours? That's a lot of spots!

mthrgoos68 06-17-2003 06:51 PM

OH please, lets not talk hips!!! As if heredity wasn't cruel enough, having given birth 6 times has not been kind to my body, especially my huge stomach and hips!!

gonzostar 06-18-2003 01:22 AM

yeah, i never remember wearing smaller than a 12. hmmm. i'd love to get into 8 or 10, i hope i'm there at 150.

missaprylj 06-18-2003 02:18 AM

Ahhh!! I would DIE if my size was a single digit... well, not literally. But I was at Old Navy today, and I know the sizes run big, but I put on an 18 (I wear 20 right now) and they fit. I mean, they were icky and tight and nowhere near comfortable or wearable, but THEY FIT! I'm thinking about buying a pair or two when they go on clearance :) So, I know how you feel... sometimes holding up smaller clothes is a BIG motivation. -Apryl

suzie76 06-18-2003 08:05 AM

The last time I remember being a single digit size was in like...eighth grade?? I wasn't actually heavy until sophmore year in college, but having Russian Jewish grandmothers on both sides seem to make it genetically impossible to fit into single digits-hips and thighs.l..sigh. I remember weighing 150 and needing a size 14! But I'm hoping with exericising for the first time in my life, I can make it into a 12-I'd be happy there.

Sherry

Chibit 06-18-2003 04:13 PM

I am of Norwegian herritage and I have always been bulky. I have heavy muscles. A friend of mine that was a body builder use to try to get me to start lifting because of my build. He said that I could be the next Miss Fitness...LOL

When I was in Ballet, my legs were huge...the muscles I had embarrased me because they looked so masculin instead of like dainty feamle leggs. I was 155 pounds and still wearing a size 5/6. At 170 pounds I was wearing a size 9/10. People are always shocked when I tell them how much I weigh. Most would guess me to be at about 170 or 180 (I wish I were). As it is, at 215, I am wearing a 1x

Gosh Jessica, I never thought about having birthed and it changing my body....NOOOOOOOOOO! I HAVE to get into those jeans one day! I just HAVE TO...LOL

Goddess Jessica 06-18-2003 07:09 PM

Chibit - Let me guess. You're also an hourglass. Me too! Nobody can ever guess my weight or size. It's a blessing, I guess! :) I would love to be the next Miss Fitness. What a body!

.... and I'd say you're a bit compusive too. Hee hee hee!