3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Chicken Chat (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/28542-chicken-chat.html)

missaprylj 06-17-2003 01:40 AM

Chicken Chat

Baked chicken gets soooo boring! What's your favorite healthy! way to make chicken? :D Have a great day! -Apryl

PainterWoman 06-17-2003 03:32 AM

Grill Grill Grill. Even when it's too hot here to be outside with the BBQ, I use either our built-in grill or a "grill pan" with non-stick spray. I like to marinate the chicken with a bit of oil, vinegar (or something tangy) and herbs/garlic, etc. The texture is different than baked chicken. Fish is excellent grilled... when it's on sale.

BA99TJ 06-17-2003 10:14 AM

I "bread" it

I mix together bread crumbs, italian seasoning and minced onions... then just throw the chicken in it with NO WATER on the chicken, it picks up just enough of the flavor.. then I cook it in a frying pan with cooking spray. Mmm yummy.

SuchAPrettyFace 06-17-2003 10:47 AM

I "george" it--yes, George Foreman grilling is now a verb in my vocabulary. I don't use any spray. I am allergic to PAM, and it tastes better naked.

mthrgoos68 06-17-2003 12:49 PM

My favorite chicken is the frozen Tyson Honey Mustard Chicken Breasts. They're pre-cooked and I buy a big bag of them at Sam's. They taste great, all I have to do is microwave one for 3 minutes, and it's only 130 calories. Perfect, quick, and easy, which is exactly what I need!

Inca's Momma 06-17-2003 01:13 PM

I put one cup of Diet Coke and one cup of ketchup into a skillet with chicken breasts and cook on med/high for about 20 min.

Goddess Jessica 06-17-2003 02:25 PM

I'm a grill monster myself.

I love to grill a bunch of them and stick some in the fridge to add to salads, sandwichs, omelets, desserts (just kidding!).

Once in a while the Cute Boyfriend will make a stuffed chicken breast with mushrooms and brown rice. Butterfly the chicken breast, put your stuff in, skewer it closed. Grill. Voila!

I'll also cut up a chicken breast and stirfry it with veggies. Yum!

BA99TJ 06-17-2003 03:02 PM

I found an awesome recipe I can't wait to try:

Carmelized Garlic Chicken
Servings: 4
Points per serving:4

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
4 cloves minced garlic
4 tsp. brown sugar, packed
2 tsp. olive oil

Heat oven to 500 degrees. Line shallow roasting pan with foil, spray foil with non-stick cooking spray. Heat oil in small non-stick skillet over medium-low heat until hot. Add garlic, cook 1-2 minutes or until garlic begins to soften. Remove from heat, stir in brown sugar until well mixed. Place chicken in sprayed foil lined pan, spread garlic mixture evenly over chicken. Bake at 500 for 10-15 minutse or until chicken is fork tender and juices run clear

Per serving: 181 calories, 4 g. fat, 32 g. protien, 7 g carbohydrates, trace dietary fiber, 80 mg cholesterol, 250 mg. sodium. Exchanges: 7 1/2 lean meat, 0 vegetable, 1/2 fat, 1/2 other carbs.

Sheila53 06-17-2003 06:27 PM

My favorite chicken recipe is Creole Chicken (or something like that). You put 1 Tbl. of creole seasoning in ff buttermilke and dip the chicken breasts in it. Then you dip them in Japanese (panko) breadcrumbs, and bake it in the oven. I don't like white meat that much because it's so dry, but using the panko makes the chicken really moist.

BA99TJ 06-18-2003 10:02 AM

I love the Tyson Precooked Frozen Chicken Breasts too - you can buy them at BJ's as well. $10 for a huge bag - My favorite is the Teryaki ones - 120 calories per piece. We grill them too - muchos yummy - but they are SO easy because if you need a last minute lunch you can just grab em and microwave em.

Goddess Jessica 06-18-2003 03:08 PM

Ooo... I forgot, I love 'Brine" chicken. You'll have to look up the recipe on-line but it produces the yummiest, juiciest chicken ever.

Inca's Momma 06-18-2003 06:01 PM

Wooohooo Beth Anne THANK YOU!!!! I made the carmelized chicken for dinner and it was SUPERB!!!! Two thumbs (and a toe) UP!

BA99TJ 06-19-2003 10:47 AM

Yeah I made it last night too and it was heavenly!! Woo hoo!