Old 08-10-2013, 10:30 AM   #121  

S/C/G: 337.6/see ticker/190

Height: 5' 7"

Welcome to the thread ataraxia and RoxieK!

I had dinner out last night so the scale reflected that (253.4). Hopefully it will be back down tomorrow.
Mara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 11:49 AM   #122  

S/C/G: 275.4/258.6/200

Height: 5'1"

259.1. Woot!
NJChick78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 02:53 PM   #123  

S/C/G: 381/262/199

Height: 5'2"

Thanks for the warm Welcome.

I think the big drop was because last Thursday (the night before weigh in) I ate salty food and went back up 2 lbs by morning. Either way this morning it was still around the same mark 269.8

Hope you all have a great day!
RoxieK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 03:02 PM   #124  
Momof4

S/C/G: 317/*ticker*/198

Height: 5'6"

Hello ladies. I'm curretly sitting at 255.6. Really was hoping for more of a whoosh by this morning. Oh well. I'm in a bit of a mental funk and it's not even about dieting. In April I got a new computer that broke about a month ago. Of course because it was a deal, there wasn't a very good waranty. So we have to buy the part and fix it ourselves or pay an outrageous amount for someone else to do it. So I've been on a back up computer. Well just now, the back up completely shut down. I feel cursed. Our AC unit broke the same time the first computer, then we found out one whole side of our house needs wire work and possible breaker box replaced. Dishwasher broke down. I just feel ... blah with my luck. It's probably a lot to do with why I'm not losing. Stress and all. I need a happy pill. I'm trying so hard to not run to food, but that's all my mind can focus on currently. So far, I'm strong.
Nagazim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 07:48 PM   #125  

S/C/G: HW:336/CW:236/GW:175

hugs to nagazim. I'm sorry you're having such a rough time. Hang in there. I'm sure your luck will change for the better real soon.

I've been stressing over this coming Monday. I'm taking my kids and some of their friends to the local waterpark and there is only going to be one other adult there. It's to celebrate my son's birthday that just passed and I hope he's not too disappointed that only a few of his friends could go. For my sake I'm glad only a few can go because I don't think I'll be having much fun being responsible for keeping my eyes on all the kids with big water slides and wave pool, etc. Plus they're saying it might rain I'm just ready to get it over with. Hopefully it won't be as bad as I'm anticipating. I'll have to talk to them all before we leave to make sure I set some major rules first. The youngest will be 6, but his mom will be there. The others range from 9 to 14. I set it for Monday when they open hoping it won't be crowded or too hot, but since most parents have to work i'm stuck bringing all the kiddos. Wish me luck!

I woke up 2 pounds lighter this morning, but I didn't change my stats yet because I'm not sure if it will stay, plus it's so late in the day that I figure I'll wait to see what it says in the a.m. I'm switching my diet up a little. There's only 3 weeks left of our weight loss challenge at work and I'm in third place, so if I'm gonna win I need to do something different. I'm trying the steak and egg diet or actually meat and eggs, not necessarily steak only. It's really just an extreme low carb. I've heard people lose really fast on it and thought I'd give it a shot. It's not such a shock to my system since I was already doing low carb.

to roxiek and ataraxia3 - congrats on your weight loss
mandydawn77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 09:23 PM   #126  
Momof4

Mandydawn - good luck with all of those kids Monday. Just have fun with it. I'm sure they'll have a blast, you should try to too!

Today was just plain bad day. About an hour after that post my mother showed up with my 3 yr old to me bawling my eyes out. It's just one of those things where once I started I couldn't stop. Just needed to let it out. I did over eat. Not to badly but I was over generous with my calories counting since I didn't weigh any of it out at supper or snack. Mfp says I'm over by 450 cals. It's probably more like 300 but that's what I get for not knowing how many frosted mini wheats I ate. So I guessed high. I've been about 150+ cals less than what I needed everyday so maybe it'll balance out by Tuesday. I'm in control now. Thanks for letting me fall apart all over here lol. Onward and Upward.
Old 08-10-2013, 10:32 PM   #127  

S/C/G: 275.4/258.6/200

Height: 5'1"

Mandy, good luck to you. Do you go on the rides? I remember a couple years ago I went to a water park and read the ride rules..... some of them only accommodated a person 240 lbs or less scary.
NJChick78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 10:40 PM   #128  

I haven't been to a water park in years so I don't know the weight limits, but I think I will b too worried about keeping an eye on everyone anyway. The last amusement park I took the kids to in April I rode rides and had a blast though, except for the long lines.
Old 08-11-2013, 08:28 AM   #129  

S/C/G: 295/see ticker/150

Height: 5'9

Mandy as a former day camp counselor I feel your pain, I have had many many trips to water parks/the beach/theme parks etc with groups of kids and only a 1 or 2 adults (legally 1 adult per 10 kids 6 and up in california) My number 1 recommendation is make them buddy up. If they are caught somewhere without a buddy, they have to sit next to you for (10 20 30 ?) minutes.

Many places like this will have a large clock within view, set up check in times for everyone to gather (this is a good time to reapply sunscreen, make them drink water, and have a small snack). Again, if they are late (past a reasonable buffer) or you have to go find them, they are stuck with you for a set amount of time.
pnkrckpixikat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 09:04 AM   #130  

Awesome advice. Thank you! And I'm down another pound today so I guess I can change my signature. That's 3 pounds since friday!
Old 08-11-2013, 02:18 PM   #131  

S/C/G: 337.6/see ticker/190

Fingers crossed for monday Mandy! I'm sure the time will pass quickly.

Nagazim I'm sorry about your having a rough patch. Maybe you can channel the frustration out through exercise?

I weighed in at 251.8 today.

Last edited by Mara; 08-12-2013 at 09:17 AM.
Mara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 11:11 PM   #132  

S/C/G: 280/see ticker/130

Height: 5'8"

My scale read 265.4 today, so happy to see a change from it being at 266.5 for a few days! Here's hoping that it stays this way!

Hope all of you enjoyed your weekends!
levoguette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 10:08 AM   #133  

S/C/G: 295/see ticker/150

Height: 5'9

mandy good luck at the water park today!
pnkrckpixikat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 04:07 PM   #134  

S/C/G: 280/see ticker/130

Height: 5'8"

I weighed in at 263.9 today, should I believe it or not? lol. I've had a few scales give me repeatedly off numbers, so I find myself never really believing it until I get the same number at least 2 days in a row.
What brand/model scales do you ladies own or like?

And I second what pixicat said, mandy, I hope the water park trip went well today!
levoguette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 04:12 PM   #135  
Momof4

Hey ladies
I gave myself the weekend to flush my bad feelings and didn't even count calories yesterday. I figured them up as I went but didn't track them on MFP. I just needed the break. It's been 2.5 months. I feel like I'm making great progress from where I've been, I just want MORE results NOW. I've gotten into the midset that if I didn't eat the chocolate cake, I should be down a lb tomorrow which isn't logical or practical. I need to reset my priorities with this weight loss lifestyle and give myself a good kick in the rear.

Our appliances all seeming to break down at once didn't help matters at all. We've just moved into this house last September and I guess since it's an older home, things were bound to give out eventually. I just wasn't mentally prepared for it at the time. And lets be honest, dieting sucks and can make any bad situation seem 100% worse in that moment.

After 2 days off plan, I'm at 255.8lbs. Shocking I know! I'm just glad I'm not in the same boat of losing the same 5 lbs again, woohoo!

Happy Monday guys!