Old 08-08-2013, 05:01 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 280/see ticker/130

Height: 5'8"

Today, my scale read 266.7, it's a +.2lb from yesterday, but I'm still content that it's below 267 (at last!) and staying that way.

nagazim: Thank you for the welcome! I can completely relate to being thrown for a loop with a surprise +lbs on the scale. Eek! Always the worst! But no worries, you'll be back down and reaching your next goal soon. I really like how you've set a Halloween Mini-Goal for yourself, I think I may do the same! I haven't dressed up for halloween since high school, despite it being one of my favorite holidays. Maybe next year I'll be at my goal weight / body and can wear one of those itsy bitsy skimpy costumes they sell everywhere, haha! But for this halloween I will settle with 240 and a Rebel Wilson / Fat Amy costume.

Mara: Also, thank you for the welcome! Congrats on your loss! Way to go!

OnlyBelieve: Happy Birthday!! I hope you enjoy a wonderful day! And a cupcake for breakfast on your birthday is not ridiculous at all! I used to eat homemade cookies for breakfast sometimes before starting my weight loss, and it was no special occasion either. -smacks forehead- There are some pretty good low-cal and/or healthy versions of cupcakes recipes that are pretty darn delicious. If I have a craving for some baked treat, I google vegan versions of it (normally use minimal to no butter and no egg which I'm allergic too), low cal, or Taralynn's(UndressedSkeleton's) recipes and kind of combine them together depending on what ingredients I have and what I can/can't eat.

mandydawn77: My scale is like that too, it's so frustrating. Earlier this week it was registering the same numbers over and over again, so I have now started weighing myself once without shoes then once with shoes to make sure it is actually registering a difference and not regurgitating the same number. I probably look ridiculous weighing myself in my pajamas with my heavy sneakers on, but hey the little 'test weigh' has been helping make it less frustrating.
levoguette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 05:09 PM   #107  

S/C/G: HW:336/CW:236/GW:175

Height: 5' 7"

Sounds like you're doing great nagazim, it won't be long and you'll be out of the 250's. I'm getting close to my lowest weigh in as well. Back before I quit dieting last year the lowest weigh in I had was 255 and I am getting so close. I can't believe I let my self gain back 25 pounds! I just stalled out for so long (months) and got discouraged and basically gave up. I can't let myself give up like that again. The weight can come back so fast. I went nuts on the sweets. I guess it was because I had gone soooo long (about a year and a half) without having basically any sugar. I do really well when I stay completely away from it and I lose all those cravings, but I have no self control once those cravings come back. I can't remember how long I was on weight watchers before the cravings really kicked in. At first weight watchers seemed so easy, but those cravings eventually came back and I lost all control. It's like I do really, really good following my diet or just completely blow it. I hope I can handle maintenance one day when I get down to a healthy weight. I'd like to be able to enjoy a treat once in awhile, but I don't trust myself to know when to stop. I didn't mean to ramble on and on.
mandydawn77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 07:43 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 280/278/180

Thank you all for the birthday wishes. It has been a very nice day and I think I've done well and should see it in the numbers in the morning!
Only Believe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 07:57 AM   #109  

S/C/G: 337.6/see ticker/190

I am down to 252.0 today. Fingers crossed for 251 this weekend. That will be my lowest in a long time.

Hope everyone has a great Friday!
Mara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 09:14 AM   #110  

My official weigh in this morning was 258.0, which is down by a few ounces, but we only go by whole numbers so it's the same as last Friday. It would have been nice to have lost some, but I am very thankful to have lost the 4, almost 5, pounds I gained this week. Hopefully next week I'll have a big loss. Happy Friday everyone
Old 08-09-2013, 09:42 AM   #111  

levoguette thank you for the low cal treat ideas.

mandydawn77 I think we've chatted about this a little before, but I was 255 last year as well and gained all back plus 10, so you and I are both so close to our last years weight.
I gained the 40 after my son married and moved away. He's our only child and it was so hard, and still is at times, since he moved to another state. He calls fairly often and we chat online but I've only seen him for 1 week in 13 months So I guess in my sadness I stopped caring about weight loss and for a while I turned to food... BUT you and I are almost to last years weight! We can do it!

Last edited by Only Believe; 08-09-2013 at 11:09 AM.
Old 08-09-2013, 10:12 AM   #112  

S/C/G: 295/see ticker/150

Height: 5'9

Mandy - Just because it doesn't count for your work thing, doesn't mean it doesn't count at all! You definitely lost this week you may still be flushing water so maybe you lost even more.

Only Believe good job for doing well! I'm glad that you had a good birthday!
pnkrckpixikat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 11:54 AM   #113  

That would be hard having your only child move out of state. A friend I work with just had her only child (son) move out, but at least he's not too far away. It has been difficult for her because she has been a single mom for most of his life and it's a tough adjustment. Food is her drug of choice also as it seems to be for so many of us.
Old 08-09-2013, 12:47 PM   #114  
Momof4

S/C/G: 317/*ticker*/198

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandydawn77 View Post
My official weigh in this morning was 258.0, which is down by a few ounces, but we only go by whole numbers so it's the same as last Friday. It would have been nice to have lost some, but I am very thankful to have lost the 4, almost 5, pounds I gained this week. Hopefully next week I'll have a big loss. Happy Friday everyone
That's great news! & I agree with pnk, you had a loss this week! I bet by Sunday you'll see your actual loss total for the week. Stupid salt.

Only Believe - So sorry about being an empty nester. I can't even imagine. My mom has truly held on tightly to my brother and I (We both live within 100 yrds of her door, HA!) But we like it this way. There's always someone around to help out with something. Since we homestead, you need the extra hands Oh and Congrats on surviving a birthday healthfully!

Today the scale said 255.8 which is .2 up from yesterday. I had cottage cheese and special k crackers before bed to try to get more calories in and I know the salt in the crackers didn't help. Oh well, maybe tomorrow I'll be closer to 253 I'm definitely on the right track!

Nagazim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 01:43 PM   #115  

S/C/G: 381/262/199

Height: 5'2"

Hello Ladies,

Just dropping down from the 280 -270 group. My weight came down a big drop this week. So, I know it's going to drift back up because that how it always happens. It was at 269.4!

So, I thought I'd come say Hello even though I'm not convince it will stay put and behave lol

Hope everyone is having a great day! :-)
RoxieK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 07:30 PM   #116  
:)

S/C/G: 275/268/200

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone!! Just saw this thread & wanted to join in. I feel like I've been stuck in the 250's for too long, my weight loss has come to a halt so i'm trying a few different things (different exercises and changing my calorie intake) to switch things up to get my body losing again. Can't wait to see those 240's.

Last edited by ataraxia3; 08-09-2013 at 07:31 PM.
ataraxia3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 07:39 PM   #117  
Momof4

S/C/G: 317/*ticker*/198

Height: 5'6"

Welcome aboard ladies

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxieK View Post
Hello Ladies,

Just dropping down from the 280 -270 group. My weight came down a big drop this week. So, I know it's going to drift back up because that how it always happens. It was at 269.4!

So, I thought I'd come say Hello even though I'm not convince it will stay put and behave lol

Hope everyone is having a great day! :-)
That's an amazing whoosh of weight loss! I'm really hoping for one myself in the next few days. Did you do anything differently or were just due for a good loss? Hopefully you're here to stay (for a short while)!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ataraxia3 View Post
Hi everyone!! Just saw this thread & wanted to join in. I feel like I've been stuck in the 250's for too long, my weight loss has come to a halt so i'm trying a few different things (different exercises and changing my calorie intake) to switch things up to get my body losing again. Can't wait to see those 240's.
Well doesn't seem like you'll be here for long, you're so close to the next group! I hope your changes pay off. Usually when I change my routine up a bit, it'll cause a little stall then I'll get a good loss after my body adjusts. I've just lessened my calories intake by 300 mainly due to swapping phone apps to track calories. I'm liking the lesser intake, my body feels good.
Nagazim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 07:45 PM   #118  

Welcome ataraxia3!
RoxieK, congrats on the big drop. I hope you can keep it and those 270's are gone forever.
I love the dancing cat Nagazim.. Made me think of pnkrckpixikat...it does look like the kitty in her pic.
Old 08-10-2013, 10:14 AM   #119  

S/C/G: 295/see ticker/150

Height: 5'9

Only Believe I've tried to make him dance before... he does NOT like it, he will cry till I feel bad enough to stop and let him run away lol
pnkrckpixikat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 10:22 AM   #120  

LOL Pnkrckpixikat maybe he doesn't like the music.
I have 2 cats, both were strays that we took in. They are silly girls and will come running when I whistle.

Last edited by Only Believe; 08-10-2013 at 10:22 AM.