Old 05-11-2013, 05:34 PM   #1  
Living Intuitively

S/C/G: Heavy/Happy/Free

Height: 5'6"

Default 3 Unique Facts About YOU! :)

We talk a lot on this board about weight loss and eating, exercise and fitness. But what about you? Who are you off the scale?

Tell us three facts about you.

And do you have an Amazon account?
What are three of the items that Amazon recommends for you?

(ETA: I've been thinking a little bit more about this thread...and the reason I like it is because I like everyone here. I don't want someone here to fade away in the distance because they are gaining weight or not sticking to "plan." I want you to stay, because I like YOU. I don't care if you are maintaining or gaining. I will celebrate with you when you are in love with the scale. And I will be your friend when the scale is your enemy. I am definitely looking forward to getting to know you all a bit more!)

You are/I am a beautiful person. You are/I am so much more then my weight loss journey. You are/I'm an individual who is worth getting to know. Don't forget it!

Last edited by lunarsongbird; 05-11-2013 at 06:24 PM.
lunarsongbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 05:47 PM   #2  

Height: 5"6

I love this, lunarsongbird! Thank you for starting such an awesome thread!

1) I am an adrenaline junkie! From bungee jumping to skydiving, I've done it all and live for a good thrill!

2) I am so obsessed with the Backstreet Boys that it borders on the unhealthy side, but I finally accept my crazy and wear it proudly!

3) I love making insane kitchen creations, like blueberry shrimp and peanut butter hot sauce. No one I know will eat them but that just means more for me!

Can't wait to learn more about you all!
NorthernChick13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 05:48 PM   #3  
Living Intuitively

1. I have a 13 year old cat living in my bathroom. Did I tell you that my Abby kitty peed on me in the middle of the night last Saturday? OY VAY! It was my first "practice being a parent" moment with Andrew. I needed to wake him up at 4 AM to strip the sheets off the bed and change them. He was so wonderful about it. We have an appointment with the vet on Monday.

Abby seems to like the bathroom though. Here she is happy as a clam:

2. I'm hoping that next Mother's day I won't be drinking. But it looks like tomorrow I will, because Andrew bought a TON of wine for lunch tomorrow.

(Someday!!!)

3. I am a wanna be hippie and am going to be scheduling an appointment to visit a farm to inquiry about raw milk.

Well- I feel like a lot of you might have already known those facts, no? Boo. Well- it's me in a snapshot. I'm an open book.

And Amazon...
Books-A Woman's Step-By-Step Guide To Running For Balanced Living: It's About More Than Being Skinny- A Woman's Step-By-Step Guide To Running For Balanced Living: It's About More Than Being Skinny.
(Hmmmm...I might actually want to download that book, actually. Well done, Amazon. Well, done.)
http://www.amazon.com/Womans-Step-By...06011_a1_n_1_p

Heavyweigh Extra Think Foam Exercise Mat- http://www.amazon.com/Womans-Step-By...06011_a1_n_1_p
AMAZON- Are you trying to tell me something?! SHAME on you! Okay....we can still be friends.

Music- Les Retrouvailles [Import, Soundtrack]
http://www.amazon.com/Les-Retrouvail..._s_5174_b2_1_p
This is because I bought my husband, Andrew, the Amelie soundtrack.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTF_Xm8k2TE
That picture kind of reminds me of Rufus Wainright- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qvvVm9vKbY

I bought that album in high school.

Last edited by lunarsongbird; 05-11-2013 at 06:01 PM.
Old 05-11-2013, 05:52 PM   #4  
Living Intuitively

Blueberry shrimp. Was it any good?
Apparently there is such a thing:

Also- Northern, I just read about what's going on with you. I'm sorry that life can be such a garbage storm sometimes. And I for one am glad you are here...

I'm glad you are part of my support system. 3FC is definitely part of my "real life"- and I'm happy you are a part of it.

Last edited by lunarsongbird; 05-11-2013 at 05:55 PM.
Old 05-11-2013, 05:57 PM   #5  
Becoming A Better Me

I am a horror movie fanatic! From old black/whites to current day!
I love anything to do with the paranormal. Living in an official haunted house just fuels this obsession!
I love to read anything from horror to raunchy period romance, how tos to cartoons!
dangerouscurvesahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 06:00 PM   #6  
Living Intuitively

Dangerouscurves- Have you experienced any interesting phenomena in your home?

Also- Did you read 50 shades of grey? And am I the only one that didn't think it was that kinky?

And I forgot.... Alcohol+cold medicine= cheap date. But I'm home alone watching Project Runway. -_- And 3FCIU. (3 Fat Chicking Under the Influence.)

Last edited by lunarsongbird; 05-11-2013 at 06:00 PM.
Old 05-11-2013, 06:05 PM   #7  
Becoming A Better Me

Lol yes i have/do on a regular basis! Ive even had paranormal investigators out here and a few tv shows on the subject contact me. We yave lived here for 14yrs now and have come to an understanding with each other that allows us to all get along... for the most part anyway.
Old 05-11-2013, 06:08 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunarsongbird View Post
And 3FCIU. (3 Fat Chicking Under the Influence.)
This made me ! What I wouldn't give to have a drink right now!!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 06:12 PM   #9  
Living Intuitively

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvislover324 View Post
This made me ! What I wouldn't give to have a drink right now!!
There is something to be said about fancy non-alcoholic beverages. Did I tell you that I made heart shaped ice cubes with blackberries frozen into them? Very fancy shmancy.
Old 05-11-2013, 06:13 PM   #10  
Becoming A Better Me

Nah never read it. Read the inside cover and couldnt get into it. Not sure what all the hoopla was about honestly.
My daughter i am sure was a hippie in a previous life lol! Everything about her just screams hippie! Clothes, music actions its so funny.
Old 05-11-2013, 06:16 PM   #11  
Start may 4th/2013

S/C/G: SW 230lbs/CW 211/GW 135lbs

Height: 5'4

I am a Obsessive type girl, I literally OCD about everything anything from the paranormal, to serial killers, to the news I love to read and be informed once i get bored i easily move on!!

I insanley humorous or so i have been told i am theatrical when i speak hand moving and body going with the motions of the story never dull when i am around!

and most of all i am insecure, and really hard on my self and have been that way all of my life.. I hate my crossed eye ( yup i know your thinking it lol) my flat feet and my manly legs.. But hey at least i know i am real honest and most of all I got integrity !! thats me folks with every flaw i got a few rainbows that make it harder to see..
MoniqueMclean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 06:28 PM   #12  

3 Unique Facts About Me:

1. I read the death notices on my hometown newspaper first thing online every single morning before I read anything else. Have for at least 20 years. (What a morbid start to a day!)

2. Very regimen oriented and would be called OCD if diagnosed (and probably prescribed meds to control, except I would never take them as I don't want my OCD messed with!). I hate change and/or disruption in my life. (Explains why I can't stop reading death notices before breakfast!)

3. Winter is my favorite season, it makes me giddy with excitement to have snow, winter holidays (hold the family drama), Christmas lights, and more snow. But I hate to be cold, go figure!

The amazon recommendations are so funny, never even clicked that tab before!

First one is a scarf holder/hanger. (Not sure why, I only own like 3 "fancy" scarfs and never wear them as I have no idea how to wrap it around myself!)

Second one is a seasoning injector with marinade needles. It looks like the kit that the nurses use to take my blood every 2-3 weeks, there is NO WAY I'd buy this set.

Third recommendation is Lady Antebellum's CD/On This Winter's Night. I might check that out, never heard of it!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 06:54 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 295/see ticker/150

Height: 5'9

1. Love love love horror books/movies

2. Hate running yet love the idea of running, this leads me to get about 3-4 weeks into c25k about twice a year without ever completing it (But I hope during summer break I finally master it!)

3. Netflix usually wins out over studying and homework, yet I still tend to get A's and I'm don't understand quite HOW I manage it lol

Amazon.... hmmm my prediction is books but lets see:

Why I Love Singlehood by Elisa Lorello
Honeymoon for One by Beth Orsoff
Whisper of a Witch by Suza Kates

in fact the top 14 recommendations are all books, can you tell I mostly only use amazon to feed my kindle lol
pnkrckpixikat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 07:28 PM   #14  
Vex
There is no try.

S/C/G: 281/T/140

Default re:

1. I love horror/apocalyptic movies and books.

2. I'm a complete skeptic. I need proof.

3. Gamer.
Vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 07:47 PM   #15  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

I'm a mom to two little girls, I'm obsessed with Newfoundland dogs, and I just moved across the country!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote