Old 07-14-2013, 02:25 PM   #1  

Height: 5'11"

Default I'm back and I'm sad

Well, after a looooong hiatus, I am back. I went away for the same reasons a lot of people go away.....Over time, I got sidetracked by a bad work situation, a job change, a move, and an injury. One thing led to another, and I've gained back every hard-fought pound that I lost.

I don't see many people here that I remember. So I am a stranger to most of you, even though I used to be an active member of this community. I went back to the photos ("What does 50 pounds look like?"), and I wanted to cry because I looked pretty darn good in my last set of pictures.

So now it's time to start over. I was a calorie-counter and that worked well for me, so I suppose that's what I'll do again. I have an elliptical in the garage that has not been touched in over 2 years. I used to be a runner, but I have an injured achilles tendon that needs surgery before I can even wear shoes with a back on them, let alone run in them.

So today is day one....again. I'm depressed. I don't feel good. I have a closet full of fat clothes that make me feel sad, and I have a bunch of skinnier clothes that I love but can't wear.

So here is my plan:

--My underpants are falling apart, but I haven't wanted to buy replacements because I don't like the size I am. That ends today; I am going to Target to buy a new set of comfortable, new undies in my current size.

--I am going to start logging what I eat. I'm not going to count yet, just log. That always helps because I automatically think twice about eating something if I know I have to log it.

--I bought a scale a few weeks ago, and I will start using it. After all, I weigh what I weigh, whether or not I know the number, right? So I might as well know the number, so I can see when I lose.

--I will post. Posting here helped me immensely before and I think it will help again. I hope that maybe one or two of you will remember me, but even if you don't, I think it will help me to come back.
Windchime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 02:45 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 280/278/180

Height: 5'8"

Welcome back!
I've lost and gained many times but the 2 times that hurt the most are the 60 lbs lost back in 2003 and the 30 lost last year. In 2003 when I lost that 60 I got down to 225, a number I hadn't seen in years and was looking so good. I don't know what happened. I just gained it all back plus some.. then last year I lost 30 and then experienced an empty nest and gained it back plus 10. So once again I had to start over. This time there's no going back. I plan to hang on for dear life this time. I wish you all the best!
Only Believe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 02:57 PM   #3  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

Welcome back! I remember you. I am back after a regain too. I gained back 55 of 105 pounds lost. I have relost 41 of those pounds. You can lose again too!

I think that this may be a struggle for many of us the remainder of our lives. But we can't give up. Others have conquered this and we can too!
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 03:04 PM   #4  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Welcome back and good luck on your journey!!
It sounds like you have a good plan to start back on your weight loss journey.
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 03:09 PM   #5  
One with the Wind and Sky

S/C/G: 360/246/150

Height: 5' 8"

Welcome back! Don't know if you'll remember me but I remember you . . . I had a different user name at the time (Sirenity) and had a Dory avatar.

I had a pretty bad regain myself, back in late 2011/early 2012. I too got sidetracked by life issues as my weight climbed, but a tragic event snapped me back into the reality of where my health was heading. After taking several weeks to mourn what I went through and acknowledge what had happened, I grimly pushed myself into a reboot in March of 2012.

I was sad to start over as well, but I knew all I could do was move forward. I started logging my food (no calorie counting, just logging), did a lot of reading on nutrition, and did a lot of browsing and posting here.

It sounds like you've set a good plan into motion! Just give it some time and effort, and you'll be feeling better before you know it.
Elladorine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 03:41 PM   #6  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6˝

Welcome back! I also recently rejoined this forum and have gotten help and support for my journey back.

"You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.", a quote by Thatcher has been living for me this time. I regained ALL of my weight over the past 2-3 years and was also very sad and depressed about it. But, then a day comes where we realize that being sad doesn't accomplish a thing. Instead it leads us in a vicious circle of failure. That makes today a good day! We've made declarations and changes. Let's just keep making the right choices day after day and those little successes will build on each-other and we'll experience transformation! :-)
Nori71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 06:45 PM   #7  

Height: 5'11"

Time2Lose and Sirenity/Elladorine, I remember you and I'm glad to see you!

Nori71, you make a very good point. Being sad and depressed and hating myself/my body doesn't do a darn thing to help me, and I remember that from before. The only thing that has ever allowed me to lose weight and get healthier is to be kind to myself. To stop beating up on myself and to stop saying hateful, mean things to myself. So that's why I'm getting new underpants today...forcing myself to wear ratty, ugly undies because I'm "too fat" for new ones makes absolutely no sense!

Thanks for the supportive comments, everyone. I feel a little better already.

Last edited by Windchime; 07-14-2013 at 06:45 PM.
Windchime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 07:01 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 353/340/299 (for now)

Height: 5'5"

Welcome back! And I'm glad that you went ahead and bought some undies as no matter anyone's size, having undies that fit is a necessity and the first step to feeling good about yourself. :~)

When I catch myself trying to "self hate" I always ask myself
"Is it ok for you to say this to another person?
(my answer = no)
Then why is it ok to say it to yourself?"

That really does help me snap back and push on.

Last edited by Dreamgyrl; 07-14-2013 at 07:03 PM.
Dreamgyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 07:23 PM   #9  
I can do this

S/C/G: 230/222/175

Height: 5'2"

I'm new here (about 6 months), but I admire your strength to start up again. I thougth earlier today how thin I'd be if I hadn't regained the 30 lbs I'd lost (twice). But that isn't what happened--and forward is the only way to go.
bethFromDayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 07:25 PM   #10  
apple to apple core

S/C/G: 275/215/175

Height: 5'7"

Hi and welcome back

I am a newish 3FC member so I'm sure we haven't crossed paths on here before. I just wanted to reply to let you know my own needs-new-underpants situation is at Defcon 1, too, for the same reason you stated! Now I have a new mini goal ><

Looking forward to seeing you around the forums
TooWicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 07:40 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 257/ticker/154

Height: 5'5.5"

Welcome back!
fadedbluejeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 08:15 PM   #12  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

Welcome back. Please stay a while.

Your plan sounds very sensible, and you've set yourself up for some success. I think that losing weight and getting back into healthy habits can be like riding a bicycle. Once you remember how it feels, and get your balance back, you'll be on your way.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 08:24 PM   #13  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6˝

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windchime View Post
So that's why I'm getting new underpants today...forcing myself to wear ratty, ugly undies because I'm "too fat" for new ones makes absolutely no sense!
I love it! I was going to mention that Victoria Secret is having their 5/$26 dollar panty sale right now. While I'm not up for the super sexy panties at the moment, I love their high leg briefs and their cheeky panties.
Nori71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 08:35 PM   #14  

I always think of the Lion King in moments like these--'put your behind in your past.' And it's true. What's done is done and you can only move forward from here. You do have a distinct advantage over people losing weight for the first time---you already know how to drop the weight and you know that you can. That in and of itself can be an amazing motivating factor for you.

You've done it once, you can do it again.

back!

Last edited by Kaitie9399; 07-14-2013 at 08:36 PM.
Kaitie9399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 08:41 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 204/204/140

Height: 5'7"

Default Cheer up!

Feelings are temporary. They change so often that once you get back on track, you'll start to feel better.

I've also been away for a while because I can't figure out how to get logged in and navigate the website, my job is demanding, and my boyfriend just passed away. But I need to start counting calories again, too, because that also worked for me.

I also have a closet full of clothes I can't wear like you do, but I have to lose weight so I can wear them for job interviewing.

Do whatever exercise you can to get around your health problems, and I'll do the same!
TeacherLinda is offline   Reply With Quote