Old 07-14-2013, 03:21 PM   #1  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Default Not feeling full

It seems no matter how much I eat lately, I don't feel full anymore.

I used to easily feel full after each meal, but in the last few weeks that has gone away.

I have to remind myself that I physically ate enough food to satisfy myself.

Anyone have a similar experience???
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 03:32 PM   #2  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

I don't do well feeling hungry, so I can sympathize. For me it is occasional and it usually comes down to mind over matter - and when I can see in black and white that I have eaten enough - it helps me stay in control and not binge. But since this is an all-the-time thing for you recently, adding foods high in fiber might help also. Sometimes it's easy to fill my daily calorie quotas with somewhat "empty" calories instead of focusing on eating balanced. I know when I eat meals and snacks that incorporate all 3 food groups it helps with hunger. Good luck!
Nori71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 03:41 PM   #3  
I'm bringing sexy back!

Nori-- normally I would tend to agree with you about empty calories, but this is happening after every meal. Like I eat a hearty serving of oatmeal for breakfast and still feel hungry.
Old 07-14-2013, 04:41 PM   #4  
one choice at a time

S/C/G: 275/155/189/???

I always feel hungry after I eat oatmeal. I know some people swear by it as a satisfying food but it has never worked for me. Different things work for different people so it may be time for you to do a few science experiments and see if you can find a combination that works for you.

I pretty much always feel like I can eat. I have a bottomless appetite, and really toning but pure will and discipline has been able to fix that. For genuine hunger, though, what works best for me is two things. For meals, bulking up the meal with heaping portions of tasty vegetables so I have a lot of volume for my calorie buck. And for snacks, making sure to have a good mix of protein and fiber - for example, Greek yogurt plus a sliced apple.

As I said, I pretty much always have appetite no matter what I eat. But the above strategies help me satisfy actual hunger.

Last edited by carter; 07-14-2013 at 04:41 PM.
carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 04:48 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 177/153/135

Height: 5' 4.5"

I have a few strategies for the fullness...since it's a huge thing for me. It usually works (but not always). I need large quantities of food (so I follow Barbara Rolls' plan for volumetrics).

I learned recently that soups are really helpful with the hunger factor (eat same nutrients as a regular meal or combine in to a soup studies show that soup has a much higher and longer fullness factor).

I also drink a giant glass of water before a meal.

Basically tell myself that I'm losing weight so I'm supposed to be eating less than my body currently wants/needs. (Psyching myself out). I try to distract myself: brush teeth; go biking/walking; or just go to bed.
iaradajnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 04:50 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 350/ticker/164

Height: 5'8

I've had those periods, and I just try to add more fat and/or protein at the next meal. I've found that when that starts happening to me it's because of carb creep. I'd try taking your overall carbs down for a few days and see if that helps any.
HeidiNicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 07:55 PM   #7  
I'm bringing sexy back!

Thanks everyone!!
Old 11-08-2020, 08:09 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 253.6/191.8/169

Height: 5'7"

This happened all the time to me on low cal eating plans. Once I started focusing on less processed foods, more proteins and even healthy fats, the hunger lessened substantially. For my body, what I eat is a far better predicter of hunger than how much I eat. I have a couple eggs for breakfast and I am good for hours. Cereal or sweet stuff and I am hungry almost immediately. Oatmeal doesnt hold me much better. May want to look at what you have been eating and the ratios of protein-carbs as a possibility.
gzgrl22 is offline   Reply With Quote