Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2003, 10:37 AM   #1  

Default 192 What's New?

Well nothing for me, lol. It is SO hot and muggy today! I have so many things to do and don't feel like doing anything! Not to mention that I have a horrible tooth ache!

Ok, well I did my complaining now on to other things, lol. I have a training tonight and can't wait. It should be very fun. And I think that is all the fun I'm going to have today, lol. Now don't get me wrong, I am not going to have a bad day, just a hard one. I have to get the air conditioners in and then I have to try to clean my daughters room out. If it doesn't rain before I get to it, I have to get the front yard mowed. So not "bad" but not great either.

Well that is all for me right now, lol. I am trying to make the effort to be on more often. Get by but in gear again!

Bella23
Old 06-12-2003, 10:48 AM   #2  

Most people get the winter blah's, but it sure seems to me like I am going to have the summer blah's. It is just too darned hot and I hate being trapped in the house with the kids. I'm going to the movies today and maybe to the park (it's supposed to only be 99 out this afternoon) so I should get a break for a while.
Sorry I haven't been around lately, with the end of school activities, and my vacation to Charlestown, I've just been really busy. I loved the vacation, and visiting the in-laws wasn't as bad as I thought. We took the kids to the ocean, and they had a blast. I've decided, once again, that I want to live on a coast!
Anyway, enough of my babbling, I hope that everyone is doing well.
Old 06-12-2003, 11:29 AM   #3  
Lil Hippie Vegan Mommy

From one Arizonan to another..I TOTALLY sympathize. The last two days have been wonderfully cool here in my part! Yesterday it did not get over 88...to an Arizonan that's like winter

I have a ton of stuff to get done for the office and I wish I could just take a dang vacation...I am so burnt out!! I am sick of sitting behind an office desk crunching numbers all day long...I think our "how ya doing" post has turned into a gripe session

Ok...something good...something positive...HEY..IT'S ALMOST FRIDAY AND...we are half way through the callenge
Old 06-12-2003, 02:02 PM   #4  
missaprylj

School's out! A summer of babysitting, hanging around, and a job at the local flower shop when I decided to take it up. 88 degrees would be a TROPICAL HEATWAVE here!!! ONLY 99???? People here would be prepared for martians to invade. 99 degrees and the town practically shuts down! LMAO. Nothing really too interesting... with Sunday being Father's Day, I'm prepared to go all out again this year. (I live with just my dad, so he's a pretty important guy)
The plumber is over today (finally getting the shower fixed after dad ripped it apart 2 years ago) so I need to get back to avoiding him. LOL. Have a GREAT weekend. -Apryl

Old 06-12-2003, 02:36 PM   #5  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Hi all -

I'm back from the college visits! Son and I went to Georgia Tech (in Atlanta) and University of Georgia (about an hour from Atlanta in Athens, home of the B-52's and REM). He LOVED GA Tech - it's his new first choice. UGA didn't impress him at all.

I didn't do such a great job of being OP while I was gone. I did make small steps though - drank a lot more water than I usually do on road trips and didn't snack as much. We'll see what the scale has to tell me on Monday.

Job interview calls are starting to come in...I had one today (really liked it, but it would require an emergency special ed credential and I'm not sure I can get it)....I've got one tomorrow (5th grade English) and one Monday (middle school English.)
Old 06-12-2003, 02:45 PM   #6  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Hot? I wish! It's been a cool 66 degrees here and we have the "June Gloom" going on. The marine layer off the ocean comes in and stays until about 1PM and then comes back around 3PM, making it cloudy all day. San Diego's winters are great but it sure takes summer FOREVER to get here.

I had a great workout last night, my arms were like RUBBER! Has anyone tried Dreyer's No Sugar Added Triple Chocolate? Sooooo good!

Good luck, Jennelle! I'm glad your not in Cali, they are on a hiring freeze for all teachers here. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you!
Old 06-12-2003, 08:02 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 302/179/170

Height: 5'6"

i have an ex who just graduated from georgia tech. it's a wonderful school. i hope he gets in.
Old 06-13-2003, 09:50 AM   #8  

Ok, it's Winter here, so i can't identify with the summer stuff

It's been FREEZING here. Well, freezing as Adelaide in Australia can be. We don't get snow (Unless you're in the hills and even then it's once every 10 years or so and a sprinkling) but this winter has been really cold. Last winter didn't even feel like winter. this winter I think we're going to have a big gas bill from having the gas heater on all the time! And it's the only way to get any washing dry.
Old 06-13-2003, 10:07 AM   #9  
having Senior Moments

S/C/G: 265/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

Another Arizonian checking in here. Just returned yesterday from 9 days in Wash. D.C. with my 10 yr old granddaughter. It was rainy the whole time we were there. GD said "It's been so long since we saw any rain falling grandma!" It was a shock to step back in the oven last night. And it was only 97....a coolish day for this time of year. Good news is......spent 9 days on vacation and maintained my weight. Must have been the increased exercise, because the food plan basically went out the window. Time to get back to work!
Old 06-13-2003, 10:42 AM   #10  

I'm having a fibromyalgia flare today. I've been doing really well lately, so I'm really disappointed.

In other news, my reunion went really well. I didn't want it to end!
Old 06-13-2003, 11:14 AM   #11  

Well, I think that I am in a little less crabby mood today. I've gotten back into the mindset that it will be hot, but I'll just have to deal with it.
Jennelle - it sure looks like you have some good prospects out there! I just hope that you find the one job that fits with you. I know you had a horrible time last year.

I know that I told you I'm student teaching next semester, but don't remember if I told you where - 7th grade English. I'm a little nervous, because I'm secondary trained and my mentor teacher is elementary trained, but I think that it should be a good fit. I really enjoy that age and hope all works out well for me and I have a job waiting when I'm done in November. Oh, and by the way, I passed my state boards test (can't remember if I already told everyone). My mom is coming to spend the first four weeks with us, to help pay for day care (I don't know how we are going to do it - I mean we can afford for me to be home, but we just cannot afford for me to work a fulltime, unpaid job and pay for daycare at the same time).
Apryl, one thing about the heat here in Arizona, is that it really is a dry heat. That simply means that you don't feel as sticky and sweaty as you would in the midwest. It makes those 100+ days almost seem liveable.

Hope everyone is doing well.
Old 06-13-2003, 11:41 AM   #12  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

You Arizona people! It's a dry heat - my butt!!!! I was there in July and it was 113 degress!! I thought I was going to die!!!!

LOL
Old 06-13-2003, 11:51 AM   #13  

Well, who in their right mind would travel to Arizona in July!!! It's your own darned fault ! I just think that it means I'm not dying at 99, but 113 is still 113. I actually was more comfy here at 99 than I was in the midwest at 90 with high humidity.
Old 06-13-2003, 02:31 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Angi, glad you had fun at your reunion. Did I miss a photo of the new haircut?
Old 06-13-2003, 03:18 PM   #15  

I had an ok day today. I didn't get anything done that I wanted to! I ended up shopping and not cleaning and mowing, lol. O'well. It's supposed to be nice tomorrow so I will get it all done then. I am going to lock my self in my house till it's all clean and till I get the air conditioners in the windows and hooked up.

I think that there is a difference in dry heat and humid heat as well. My aunt lives in NM and it's is dry there as well. When it is in the 100's, you can get in the shade and it feels cooler. When it gets in the 100's here it's hot every place. Shade or not. I don't mind the heat, but I hate the sticky humid stuff.

Denise, I want to teach k-3 only when I get my degree. Good luck with the 7th graders. I am having the same problem with daycare. Going to school is killing the budget with daycare! But I think it's worth it in the long run.

I'll check in a little later, I have to get my daughter to gymnastics.

Bella23
Closed Thread