Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2013, 06:09 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 270/230/165

Height: 5'9"

I'm hoping I can jump in and be a "cool kid" since I'm trying to get more involved with 3FC again!

I went for a run this morning in the disgusting humidity - did not feel cool at all! The river I run next to smelled like someone had cracked a million rotten eggs all over the place. I was dying. But I did 25 minutes of running anyway!

I'm going out to dinner with a new group of people from Meetup.com tonight, hopefully I'll make some new friends. Trying to be more social as I pick up steam on my weight loss again!
Old 07-11-2013, 11:00 PM   #32  
I can do this

S/C/G: 230/222/175

Height: 5'2"

Hey Cool Kids!

Welcome, jenny--you are definitely a Cool Kid!! Congrats on your run in the humidity!

"Share" of the day: I'll have to take in the waist in my size 18 jeans--one pair can slide off without even unbuttoning them! I bought 3 pairs of size 16 work pants--they're a little tight--but they are wearable--and my goal is to shrink out of them!
Old 07-12-2013, 12:43 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 265/(ticker)/155

Height: 5'6"

Share of the day - and this is almost unbelievable -

I was hanging out at my weight loss clinic and my coach introduced me to a new guy. Then the new guy asks if I'm another one of the coaches.

OH HELLS YES!
Old 07-12-2013, 01:25 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 310/*look*/140

Height: 5'9

Underwater-that is awesome! What a great moment!

Hope everyone is doing famously...

My share...I've stalled a few weeks. Food logging to recommence in the morning. I've been exercising but eating (and drinking) over calories. No excuses. I'm going to share my food plan for tomorrow just to keep myself honest...
B- One egg, one small tortilla, 1 tbsp salsa, 4 strawberries
L- 1 cup yaki soba w/ bell pepper and broccoli, 1/2 chicken breast (1/2 tbsp. oyster sauce, 1/2 tbsp. soy sauce, 1/2 Thai garlic chili sauce)
D- 1 chicken breast, 2 tbsp. Sweet Baby Ray's, 1 cup mixed greens, 1/4 c. broccoli, 1/4 c. carrot, 4-6 slices bell pepper, w/ 1 tbsp. Bolthouse Farms Yogurt Ranch Dressing
Reminding myself I want good health more than too much "good" food.
Stay strong comrades!
Old 07-12-2013, 12:58 PM   #35  
I can do this

Hey Cool Kids--it's Friday!, which is wonderful for those of us who work a stereotypical work week.

"Share": I haven't updated my ticker beyond 190, but I've been at 189.x two days in a row!!!!
Old 07-12-2013, 01:29 PM   #36  

Share of the day:

Lost the rest of that sodium weight from the 4th of July long weekend- WOO HOO.

Went to the plastic surgeon, he took pics and is submitting them to my insurance company. We'll know in 4-6 weeks if they'll cover any of my skin excision surgeries.
Old 07-12-2013, 03:27 PM   #37  
I can do this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater View Post
Share of the day:

Lost the rest of that sodium weight from the 4th of July long weekend- WOO HOO.
YES!!!! Let's hear for recovering from holidays fast! I think that's a real sign of being in a good place, foodwise and body-wise.

Quote:
Went to the plastic surgeon, he took pics and is submitting them to my insurance company. We'll know in 4-6 weeks if they'll cover any of my skin excision surgeries.
I'll be interested in hearing about this--and I'm sure others will, too. I don't have excess to excise yet, but I want to get down where you are--and then I assume I will! I didn't know if insurance ever covered that.

p.s. are you going to change your profile picture soon? Everytime I see it, I picture the more current pictures of you!
Old 07-12-2013, 04:01 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 305/154.6/???

Height: 5ft 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethFromDayton View Post
YES!!!! Let's hear for recovering from holidays fast! I think that's a real sign of being in a good place, foodwise and body-wise.

I'll be interested in hearing about this--and I'm sure others will, too. I don't have excess to excise yet, but I want to get down where you are--and then I assume I will! I didn't know if insurance ever covered that.

p.s. are you going to change your profile picture soon? Everytime I see it, I picture the more current pictures of you!
Ditto! To all of the above
Old 07-12-2013, 04:06 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 305/154.6/???

Height: 5ft 3

Share of the day:
Do you remember Stephen King's "Langoliers"? I behave like their long lost cousin today. Seriously, I don't know why but I could eat anything and everything that crosses my path today.
Old 07-12-2013, 05:43 PM   #40  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethFromDayton View Post

It's funny- I tried to change my pic once and it just felt weird, so I changed it back.

If you check my profile, you can see some before & current face and body shots

Sometimes insurance covers some of the procedures. Most often it's for people with more extreme skin than I have. I have an "apron" overhang but there are no rashes or infections because I take really good care of it.

However, it's a pain in the *** because I have a hard time fitting into pants as the extra skin adds a size in that area only- maybe 2 sizes! And it's pretty gross after doing any sort of physical activity. My doctor thought it was worth a shot, so we'll see what the insurance company says.

I have seen 5 plastic surgeons so far with 1 more to go and when you are ready, be sure to shop around because they are very different as far as procedure and price!
Old 07-13-2013, 07:09 PM   #41  
I can do this

Hey Cool Kids! I figured out how to post a picture--and started a mini-goal photo album thread!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini...er-35-bmi.html

"Share" of the day--BFF is cleaning out my pantry for me and getting rid of stuff that's expired. I got DH to hang the spice racks I'd bought for the back of the pantry door. Kitchen cleanup time!
Old 07-15-2013, 01:15 PM   #42  
I can do this

Hey Cool Kids!

My share of the day is kind of "convoluted".

Background summary: DD (age 18) had surgery last week. DS (age 21, as of yesterday) is living out of state this summer doing a co-op.

So, DS send his friend (also age 21) to come be an angel to his sister since he couldn't be here. This friend and I had talked in early January about weight. She had had WLS (a sleeve) and we talked about it at length, and it was what made me start looking into WLS (again), and then onto finding 3FC, and the Beck forum, and the Beck books, and made me decide against WLS and really focus on figuring out what was stopping me from successfully changing my eating habits--and then making those changes.

This is the first time we've seen each other since then--although we'd had facebook and telephone conversation. She was blown away by my weight change. She'd seen the FB picture that I posted in the mini-goals photoalbum, so she knew I'd lost weight--but it was great for me to see how blown away she was, how happy for me she was. She felt pretty great herself, knowing that she was such a big part of my moving forward with improving my health.

She's about my height and currently weighs about 160. 160 isn't thin for this height, but she looks good. That lets me know that if I got down to around there, I'd look and feel pretty good.

My next "mini-goal" is 20% of my original weight. I'm only 5 lbs away...
Old 07-15-2013, 02:52 PM   #43  

Hi All,

I actually made it below my bonus goal weight for a single day (Saturday) but had dinner with friends Saturday night then a party Sunday and I'm back to 1.6 above goal. Will try to lose that weight this week.

I am hoping next Monday (that's my ticket update day) I'll be under 155.

Wishing everyone a great on-plan week!!!
Old 07-16-2013, 03:33 AM   #44  

These last few pounds are killing me - up and down, up and down.

Right now I'm feeling guilty for eating some pineapple while cutting one up after dinner because I wasn't actually hungry, just ate it because it was a soft spot on the pineapple and I wasn't sure how long it would keep (and it tastes good!)

Last edited by Underwater; 07-16-2013 at 03:34 AM.
Old 07-16-2013, 01:29 PM   #45  
I can do this

Underwater, your progress just amazes--and motivates--me! 108 lbs ago, would it have been pineapple you snacked on? You're awesome!

Share of the day: I told someone at work that I'd lost 40, and wanted to lose 60 more and she said I didn't look as if I had 60 lbs to lose. That's nice to hear, even if I do have that much to lose :-). If I wanted to get down to my lowest weight since college, that'd be 80 lbs. Dream dream dream...I just want to get down to a weight at which I used to "think" I was fat. Little did I know how beautiful my figure was!
Closed Thread