Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2003, 11:49 AM   #1  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Wink #191 - How's life??

We haven't had a general discussion - what's up thread in a while so I thought I'd start one.

Life here is good. I started (again) on Sunday and I seem to be on the right track. I am using the rubber band technique to keep track of my water and that seems to make it easy. I am going back to curves today!! Yahhhh!! So excited. I think it hads been since April since I have been. And the food - it's back to counting calories. I had been considering exchanges - but I know I can do it with calories and right now this needs to be easy so I can get my groove back. I made a deal with hubby. If I go a month and gain - then I will clean out the cat box (his job) for the next month. This is NOT something that I want to do - so maybe that will motivate me. I am trying to think in terms of lifestyle and not "diet". For life - this must be for life!!

Other than that it's just been crazy with weddings, graduations and birthday parties. Jacob has been getting invited to all kinds of Birthday parties. I guess 3 is when all that starts to happen. I was thinking that it was too soon and I wouldn't do that for him - but I'll feel bad if he goes to parties all year and then when it's his turn - it's just family.

How are all of you???
Old 06-02-2003, 12:34 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 302/179/170

Height: 5'6"

doing ok. i am counting down to graduation. this is my current tally:

- 4 days of classes
- 1 12-page term paper (95% complete)
- 1 computer homework
- 1 computer quiz
- 4 finals

so i gotta make it through 2 weeks. that's all.

this week i am allowing myself some indulgences but i'm going to make sure i don't go overboard. thursday is david's brithday, i'm taking him to a local italian restaurant. my FAVORITE dish there is a tortellini in a garlic sauce and it's SO GOOD and i would feel cheated if i ordered anything else. so i'm going to get the half order, and i'll be fine. then sunday is david's family's family reunion (yes, when i should be studying!) i have no idea what to expect food-wise, but i bet it will be terrible. i'm just going to do my best.

there you have it, the holly update. =)
Old 06-02-2003, 01:29 PM   #3  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

The Jennelle Update...busy for the next few weeks...a special education conference Tuesday and Wednesday, then my 16th anniversary (!) on Friday, then I leave Monday for Atlanta with son for some college tours (Georgia Tech and UGA)....get back on Thursday.

Holly - I know how excited you are about graduating! I remember it like it was yesterday (actually, it practically *was* yesterday! )

Sandi - When my kids were little, most of the birthday parties they went to were at the daycare. For the year and a half I was a SAHM, they didn't go to any parties except their own. They're making up for it now, though....seems I'm carting one or the other to a friend's house every other day!
Old 06-02-2003, 02:43 PM   #4  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Okay, I moved this weekend and I had a very similar experience to Raelynn's. 9PM the night before our move, U-HAUL calls and, although we've confirmed twice - once that same morning, that they no longer have a truck for us. I WAS LIVID! The next morning, we called around with no luck until Penske said they had a truck for us. The only problem is that it was MUCH bigger and a stick shift. Luckily, I drive stick but it drove like a semi. ACK!

Anyway, the move went okay and we're getting settled. I spent all day yesterday cleaning the old apartment. Now, I'm living in an ocean of boxes.

Sandi - I've never heard of the rubber band technique. What in the heck is it?

Holly - I totally feel for you. Last week was finals for me. I'm just glad it's over and I can have a life again. Are you excited about graduating? I don't plan to ever graduate. Hee!
Old 06-02-2003, 02:57 PM   #5  

This has been a chaotic week for me, Tuesday was jeremys actual birthday and we went to dinner and let him have cake at the resturaunt, Wednesday i made cupcakes to take to school and i did good and didnt even have one, Thursday he had his very first field trip for school, saterday we had his birthday party and invited all his friends from school and i did good and didnt have any cake or ice cream and then sunday we had a birthday party for a friend of his..... and today he graduated from kindergarten.....*sniff my baby is growing up!
Old 06-02-2003, 03:17 PM   #6  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

These last 2 weeks have been twirly & chaotic. I leave for my vacation on Friday, going up to Superior, WI to visit family, possibly bringing 2 of my cousins back w/me to stay for awhile. I need this vacation. See my journal for more details, it's been just one thing after another, CALGON TAKE ME AWAY!!!!!!
Old 06-02-2003, 03:40 PM   #7  
Long Time Member

Jessicca - Someone here wrote about it a while back. To keep track of your water. I need to drink 3 bottles. I put 3 rubber bands on the top of the bottle and each time I fill, I move one down - when there are none left at the top and the bottle is empty, I am done.

Already earned my water point for the day!! Of course this new mouthpiece I have for my TMJ seems to make me really thirsty.
Old 06-02-2003, 05:33 PM   #8  
Lil Hippie Vegan Mommy

Sandi...maybe I am lame...I still don't get the rubber band thing...I read your explanation but it didn't make sense to me...do you sue the rubber bands as a measument or just like a counter?
Old 06-02-2003, 05:46 PM   #9  

Hi Everyone! Sandi, the rubber band thing is a great idea. I need to get a container just for water - I'm doing math all day and just get myself confused!

Holly, hang in there! I'll be thinking of you over the next couple of weeks.

Happy anniversary Jennelle!

Jessica - you get exercise points for moving, right?

Happy vacation, Suchaprettyface!

Me? Well, I work fulltime during the school year and just 15 hours a week in the summer. Summer started today and I am exhausted from housewifery. It's hard work! I'd forgotten how busy the grocery store is in the day time. Somehow I thought I'd be the only one there. DH does most of the cooking throughout the school year. But, I'm the cook during the summer. I'm having fun with recipes and such. I'm sitting down for a minute before I start slaving over a hot stove. . .

I've always been a career girl (didn't marry until 33), but the last couple of years, domesticity has really appealed to me. It's a lot of work, but I'd rather work for my family. I never thought this would be part of my personality. It's pretty funny.

So, that's me: spending the summer just getting our nest ready.
Old 06-02-2003, 06:20 PM   #10  
Long Time Member

Chibit - it's a counter. My bottel is 24 oz. and I need to drink 3. Put 3 rubber bands on the bottle at the top. Each time I fill it, I move one down. When they are all down. I have met my water quota for the day. Next day - move them to the top and start over. See during the day, I get so busy, sometimes I forget where I am at!
Old 06-02-2003, 07:30 PM   #11  

Ack, Jessica - what is it with U-Haul? I was reading a similar story from another girl on another board. She reserved a truck three weeks in advance and when she got there, all they had was a van AND they charged her $165.00!
Old 06-02-2003, 09:11 PM   #12  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

instead of putting the rubber bands on the bottle you could put them on your wrists. put the bands on your right wrist and then move one band over to your left wrist after you have drank one bottle of water. You might remember more easily seeing the rubber bands around your wrists, or you could use bangle bracelets. Just a thought.

Things are okay here, not great but okay. I went to my dr last week and we had a good talk. I'm going back this week and I"m hoping she's going to prescribe some meds. The talk helped and I'm going to see if she can refer me to the social worker so I can talk to someone regularly but I still think some medication would also really help.

Take care all.
Old 06-02-2003, 11:34 PM   #13  
missaprylj

Hey, hello everyone. First of all, OMG, SAPF! I live like, 70 minutes away from Superior! That's crazy to think that one of you actually is "nearby." Heh heh.

Welll...... Friday is the last day of my (high school) freshman year. I am so excited for summer vacation. I'm having a party Friday night with like, 6 of my friends. Also, tomorrow is Academic awards night and I'm recieving the highest honors in English, math, science, and global studies, so that's VERY exciting and I'm proud of myself. 4.0 GPA for the year! Whew, now if only I can keep it up without going insane.

What is it with U-Haul? I seriously will never use them when the time comes for me to move. Geeze Louise. Have a great week everyone. -Apryl

Old 06-03-2003, 12:24 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Apryl, congratulations!! What an achievement! Okay, I don't really "know" you, but I want to say how proud I am of you--all those honors and a 4.0 GPA. You're amazing!
Old 06-03-2003, 08:35 AM   #15  

Wow, Apryl! What a great report card! I know you're looking forward to vegetating this summer!
Closed Thread