Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2003, 09:56 PM   #1  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Default Five steps to your weight loss goal

I read this on Dr. Phil's site and decided to follow it. Here are the five steps and what follows are what I have decided to do with it.

Five steps to your weight loss goal

1. Set a very specific goal
2. Work out a very specific strategy
3. Identify small, measurable steps
4. Create a healthy, realistic timetable
5. Create meaningful monitoring and accountability

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My goal is to weigh 145. This means I need to lose 175 lbs total from my start weight of 320.

I want to feel like I am doing something good for myself and my family. I want to feel like people respect me.

I will follow a plan of 1800 calories. Once I am done with dinner, I will have a modest dessert even if I have the calories to have a major dessert. Every calorie counts. I will forgo any “unnecessary” bread that is not critical to the meal.

I will exercise 5 days a week. Curves counts. Going for a walk counts. 30 min of activity if you sweat counts. Taking Jacob to the park – doesn’t count unless you add an extended walk to it. I will try and add extra exercise whenever possible.

I will drink 96 oz. of water a day. Only water counts.

Current weight on June 1, 2003 was 297.5. I would like to lose 10% of my weight. That is 29.75 lbs, so we’ll say 30 lbs. Get down to 267.5.

I will reach my weight lose goal of 267.5 by October 20th. Jacob’s 3rd Birthday. From June 9th, this gives me 19 weeks in which to do so. That puts me at a weight loss rate of 1.57 lbs a week. Completely doable!

I will report my progress to Steve. I will use him as my monitoring system and have him as involved in the process as possible. I will respect what he has to say and use his support to keep on track. I will also post and report to 3FC.
Old 06-08-2003, 10:01 PM   #2  

Sandi- You ROCK!! Great plan, very doable and I know you will succeed and do great!! I'm so proud of you for taking such positive steps and creating such a great plan.

Keep up the great work and keep us posted!!
Old 06-08-2003, 11:36 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Wow--that's a great plan and one you can realistically accomplish.

I'm so glad you shared that with everyone.
Old 06-09-2003, 01:14 AM   #4  
Catwoman

Smile

Good plan Sandy, it really does help to focus and motivate yourself to know what you want and when. You CAN do this!

Good luck
Old 06-09-2003, 11:20 AM   #5  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

I am also in the midst of creating a motivation binder. So far it has 2 sections. Body parts - where I listed what I want my body to look like. I got very specific. And I followed it with pictures of bodies that I want to look like. And I have a clothes section which I listed what I want in reagrds to clothes and then follwed it with outfits that I would love to wear. Those are the easy sections. I still have the real sactions to do like Health reasons and family and for me. But it's really cool to look at. I put my goals in the front.
Old 06-10-2003, 11:50 AM   #6  
Searching

Those things are very helpful Sandi. I have a self-discovery journal that is all collages and you can pull some real feelings out of pictures. I am glad to see you using some tools for success!

Miss Chris
Old 06-11-2003, 10:18 PM   #7  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

Default Let me try this out:

1. I weigh 228 lbs today. I want to weigh 150 lbs.

2. I will eat a max of 1900 calories a day. I will have 1 "off" day a week - not a crazy pig out day- but an "off" day.

I will exercise 3 days a week at work.

I will only drink diet pepsi in the morning (hey, everyone needs their caffeine!) then water in the afternoon.

3. baby steps - I believe in that. 10% for me is 23 lbs.. putting me at 205 lbs. I will reach this goal by October 6th. That is 16 weeks away.. just like Sandi.. doable!

4. my time table is 23 lbs lost in 16 weeks. or 1.44 lbs a week

5. I will weigh myself every Monday morning at home. I will post the results here at 3FC

Dana

Last edited by slimdown; 06-11-2003 at 10:26 PM.
Old 06-12-2003, 11:18 AM   #8  

Sandi, what great goals. Your determination inspires me!

I would like to jump on this bandwangon! so:

1. I weigh 217 today, I want to weight 175.

2. I will keep a diet of 1850 calories. I will avoid the sweets that drag me down into a hole, however, I will allow myself to eat moderate deserts and popsicles.
I will exercise 30 minutes a day, understanding that sitting watching my children play is not exercise. I will count gardening, only if I am doing strenuous work (picking tomatoes does not count).
3. My goal small goal is to be back to 209 by the time that school starts again, July 21.
4. That means that I have to lose 1.33 pounds each week. I don't see why if I stick to this I cannot do it.
5. I will track my foods, and weigh myself weekly and report it here on 3fatchicks.
Old 06-12-2003, 06:58 PM   #9  
Lil Hippie Vegan Mommy

What a fabulous idea...thank you!!! Here is mine!

My goal is to weigh 130. This means I need to lose 105 lbs total from my start weight of 235.

I will follow a plan of no more than 1100 calories per day.

I will cut out ALL bad carbs (bread, crackers, pasta, etc...).

I will cut out ALL refined sugars (Cakes, Cookies, chocolate, soda, etc...)

I will exercise 5 days a week. 3 days will be aerobic walking 1 mile and the other 2 days will be 2 miles. On the weekends I will do toning exercises in my waist and thigh areas.

I will drink 12 8oz glasses of water a day. Only water and NON-caffinated (ie...herbal tea, decaf coffee, etc...) counts.

Current weight on June 11, 2003 was 214 lbs. I would like to lose 15 pounds by the 4th of July taking me down to under 200 pounds and puting me in ONEderland by independance day!!!

I will reach my weight loss goal of 199 by July 4th. From June 11th, this gives me 2 weeks in which to do so.

I will report my progress to the ladies here at 3FC and to my mom. I will use them as my monitoring system.
Old 06-12-2003, 07:11 PM   #10  

I will be at or under 150.

I will cut out rifined sugars. I will eat no more than 1500 calories a day. I will drink at least 80 oz of water a day. I will exercise at least 5 times a week at least 3 times doing my pilates video.

I will lose 8 lbs a month

I will be at or under 220 by the new year

I will report my progress to the ladies here at 3FC and to my mom. I will use them as my monitoring system.
Old 06-13-2003, 12:26 AM   #11  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Talking Great Idea, Sandi!!!!! Here's mine:

My revised goal is 180. At this point I will have lost 150#, and will have to maintain for about a month, to see if I need to lose some more weight. I will see how I look, how I feel, my endurance, my strength, etc. If I feel that I need to lose some more weight @ that point, I will take it 10# at a time.

I also want to be able to kick some a$$ @ the gym, lifting & kicking & punching.

I want to have a tummy that doesn't stick out more than my boobs.

I will follow a plan of eating "good" 90% of the time, with 10% "treats/extras".

I will eat whole grains whenever I can for my carbs.

I will eat meatless at least one day a week.

I will give in & have a small treat when I want one, b/c hey! Treats are figured into my plan! Also, I would rather give in & have the treat than have something else that does not satisfy me and then have the original treat I wanted later, too.

I will drink 2 liters of water per day, as well as my 16 oz of tea in the morning & my 12oz of seltzer w/dinner. For lunch I will drink V8 mixed w/seltzer or 2 cups of skim milk.

I will exercise 5 days a week. I will work up a good sweat each time I do. I will sweat for at least half an hour, to an hour.

Weight on June 12, 2003: 280

I would like to lose 10# a month. I know that if I stick to the plan, I can do this.

I will reach my goal within the next year. I will be in Onderland by my next birthday, definitely, but by Valentine's Day would be nice.

There is no better place to come than 3FC. The people here are wonderfully supportive. I also have a dieting buddy in Miss Julie, since our starting weight, height, and goals are similar. As far as monitoring, I find the "pants" system always works pretty well.
Old 06-13-2003, 09:43 AM   #12  

I would like to lose weight to become a healthy weight! (A healthy BMI!)

I WILL exercise DELIBERATELY (Riding to work doesn't count) at least 3 times a week. I will not buy chips at work anymore unless they are 50g small packets.

I want to get down to 100 kgs. It will be a huge achievement for me, but I know getting under 110 kgs will be a big achievement. This will be my first goal, getting under 110kgs.

I would like to be under 100kgs by my birthday this year. If it requires more exercise, which it will, I will do this.

I want to become a part of this wonderful community and make myself accountable by posting here and in my journal.
Closed Thread