Officially getting to work

• So, today, my husband and I went to the gym together. It was his idea. He's really fit. Athletic, football (soccer) player, muscle-y guy. He wants to help me lose weight, because I want to be healthier and he wants to help me be healthier. So, he went and lifted weights and I walk on the treadmill. I was kind of disappointed at how quickly I got tired. I've been walking outside quite a bit for exercise but obviously I didn't keep up the pace the way the treadmill makes me. Anyway, I'll improve each day I'm sure and soon enough I'll be able to jog on the treadmill instead of walking at my 3miles/hour speed. As much as I hate being overweight, I love that my husband is so supportive and right here with me.
  • Welcome to 3FC! That's awesome that you have a support system!

Keep up the good work with the treadmill. Before you know it, you'll be walking so fast you'll finish your outdoor path in record time!
  • It is slow at first, but you'll pick up pace - and you don't want to do too much too soon - that's a great way to get hurt as I found out the hard way.

And it's always great to have a support team - way to go to your husband for supporting you!
  • Good for for taking that first step! Keep it up!
  • Congrats I found a article on here called couch to 5k i think. And its really cool. It helps you get prepared to run..It has a little calendar and all as to what you need to do and what not. You should check it out...

I havent done because it has been raining here in florida.. but i will soon.
  • Well, so far I've gone for a walk (at least 45 min) or gone to the gym every day this week....yes, I realize it's only Wednesday, but hey, it's something. :-)

I think I've been averaging about 3 miles on my walks....my battery in my pedometer is dead and they're not so easy to get in West Africa.