Old 06-02-2013, 06:50 PM   #16  

You are doing excellent, ainslie. You'll know better for McDonald's next time.

And just for the record, I lost more weight than my nurse who weighs me in each week actually weighs. She's a beautiful, thin woman. And I'm still 70lbs more than her...even after all of this weight loss!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 10:13 PM   #17  
Kelly

S/C/G: 310.6/239/160

Height: 5'9

Welcome and congratulations on your loss so far!

It's tough going at first, but you get to the point where you feel like you can really do it...and this is a great source of support!
punkrocksong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 11:39 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 307/293/180

Default You can do it!

I'm 33 and also on blood pressure medicine. I also considered weight loss surgery, but decided against it. We'll do this together.
julia820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 09:34 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 280/see ticker/155

Height: 5' 7"

Well so far so good. I'm down to 268.6 lbs. Trying hard to stay on track. Had the worst craving for chicken wings. So I made curried chicken instead. It was really good and spicy. No more craving for chicken wings. Today I'm kaki g a recipe for tandoori chicken I fou d in a herbal magic cook book my stepmom gave me. I really excited to try it.

On tuesday I walked 3.2 km in 40 min. Not too bad. Yesterday my feet and legs hurt so got new sneakers and took it easy. Played basketball with my daughter. Since she's only nine it was more like shooting hoops but did it for almost an hour. Today I have another walk to do. I hope these new sneakers help cause new week I have to start adding some jogging in (yuck). Apparently in 10 weeks I will be jogging the full 30 min. We shall see. I may have to extend that timeframe but at least I'll be moving I the right direction.
ainslie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 09:45 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/170

Height: 5'6"

Sounds like you are right on track and doing awesome! Did you get fitted for running shoes? If so, it will most certainly help. If not, I recommend it. I thought shoes where just shoes until I got fitted. Made a world of difference the first time I took them out. Keep up the great work!
zoesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 05:54 AM   #21  

Hi all. Yep i got fitted for running shoes. I noticed the difference most after my walk. Tuesday my legs and feet hurt after the walk and a bit on wednesday. Tuesday night it was like i was crippled. Yesterday duri g the walk i found my calves hurt more but soon went away. Today i have a tightness in my bum (which makes my pleased oddly enough) but other than that i'm fine. Again i did 3.2 km in 40 min (5 min each for warmup and cool down). I have another walk today. I have alligned my walks with my daughter's speech therapy so I don't have an excuse like no time. Bonus I found a walking trail nearby. In fact it's almost exactly 5 min away so by the time im done my warmup I'm on the trail.

Also though I was out of the 270s but went back up to 270.6. Was kinda bummed until I realirealized I'm right where I need to be. I lost 2 lbs this week and that's what i'm aiming for. Sustainable yet avoiding the loose skin (yuck). So I'm back to being pleased. Also went a little over my cal for yesterday but it was the only day I went over so not bad. I do have a question for people would like to answer - do you eat back the calories you've burned? Example on a 1600 cal plan and you burn 200 cal do you eat a total of 1800 cal? Just curious. Seems like sometimes I do and sometimes not.

Anyway have a great day all.TTFN
Old 06-07-2013, 06:09 AM   #22  

Oh yeah the tandoori chicken was AWESOME. here is the recipe.

6 oz (3/4 c) plain non fat yogurt
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 tbsp ginger, finely minced
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp cumin
2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper

4 5 oz boneless skinless chicken breast
2 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
1 cup cooked rice

Mix first 7 ingredients together (I used a magic bullet so I didn't have to pre mince) and put in a wide shallow dish large enough to hold in single layer.

Cut 1/2 inch slits in chicken.

Coat chicken in yogurt mix.

Let stand at room temp for 30 min or in fridge for up to 8 hrs

On mediu. Heat on bbq cook for about 4-5 min per side or until cooked.

Sprinkle with fresh corriander and serve with 1/4 cup of rice

Serves 4

332 cal 50 g protein 17 g carbs and 5 g fat (per serving)

Is delish and not too spicy. My hubby and daughter loved it.

Last edited by ainslie; 06-07-2013 at 06:15 AM.
Old 06-07-2013, 12:59 PM   #23  
Losin' it

S/C/G: see ticker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ainslie View Post
Ok folks. Guess this is really day one again. Started on may 11 and fell off the wagon pretty quick. Today I start again. Didn't do too badly as I lost 5lbs. Started tracking my eating and exercise with shape up app. Will see if it was worth the $35 for the year. Also got a running app. Hahaha. I don't run. At least not yet but it will track my distance and log it automatically for me.

I really need to lose the weight. So much so that I decided to go on the wait list for the lapband. Really don't want surgery so am trying to us it as my motivation. My dr says the wait list is 3-4 years. So one way or another the weight WILL come off. Yestrrday I walked for almost 2km and it took about 25 min. I did it while my daughtrr was at speech therapy. Will do again today. I'm going to try to use this site as a journal and to keep me on track. Can't promise to post everyday but going to try for once a week.

I also have to set some mini goals for myself and daily goals too I think. So todays goal will be to walk around the block at speech and to doing housecleaning for 30 min. (I hate housecleaning.) I'm not a hoarder but a slob. Sometimes I just don't have the energy. Hopefully losing the weight will help with that.

I also hope it will lower my blood pressure too. Only 35 and on meds for high blood pressure. It's embarrassing. Since i dont really expect anyone to read this im rambling. Seems like my autocorrect is off. Oh well.

So back to my next weight goal. To lose 10 lbs. Halfway there. By the way if anyone does read this hi there.
You can lose weight without surgery, and you are in the right place for support. Wishing you the best of luck!!
MsModelSara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 04:21 PM   #24  
Making Changes

S/C/G: 235/231/135

That recipe sounds delicious!
realsupermodelat230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 07:56 AM   #25  

Ok. So yesterday ended up being a cheat day. And what a day it was. It wasn't really planned but hey poop happens. We decided to have a movie day full on with the popcorn and candies. I'm sure that my homemade popcorn was not as bad as the movie theater kind but definitely not the healthy version. It still tasted similar to the theater. Then had chinese food to end the day. I think that it did help to "let loose" for that one day. I had been craving chinese and letting myself go has enabled me to give in for just that one day. Today I am back on track and have no desire for junk. I think that I might make every other saturday a cheat day. Probably won't go to the extent I did yesterday but it was like a bit of freedom.

This morning I got up and did some research online on how to mitigate the damage of a big cheat day. So I going to have a low cal day today and drink lots of green tea and water with psyllium husks to help flush my system. I don't feel guilty about my cheat day. In fact I hope it will keep me on track in the long term cause I won't be depriving myself all the time.

Will also go for a walk today too and maybe a short kettlebell work out. I hear those are great. I think the big key to a cheat day is kinda like a pause button. I put my diet on pause for ONE day and now have pressed play again. I have NOT failed.
Old 06-09-2013, 09:36 PM   #26  

Yay me. I completed my first workout for learn to run week 2 . After 5min warmup walk for 5:30 min and run for 30 sec. Thought my lungs would give out first and I'd be huffing and puffing, but no it was my legs. I wanted to stop so bad after the first 30 sec of running. Shin muscles and calf muscles were so sore. Kept going though and I finished the whole thing. Five sets and then 5 min cool down. I stretched. Will see how I feel tomorrow.

Last edited by ainslie; 06-10-2013 at 05:15 AM.
Old 06-10-2013, 05:02 AM   #27  

(Singing) I've lost ten pow-ounds. I've lost ten pow-ounds. I hope it sti-icks. I hope it sti-icks.

Oh please , please , please let it stay gone.
Old 06-10-2013, 05:19 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 182/145/119 keto

Height: 5ft2in

Well done that fantastic!!!
Sheena82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 05:20 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 182/145/119 keto

Height: 5ft2in

Er sorry, dont know what i did there LOL
Sheena82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 06:05 PM   #30  

Omg my legs hurt so much. Finished week 2 of my running. So tired I don't even want to think. I'm scared to start week 3. Don't think my legs will let me run a whole minute. So hu ry too. But that can be explained but the fact while I did eat 3 meals today I still have 1000 cal to go.
Haven't weighed myself yet either in like 5 days. Somehow lost the battery out of the scale. will have to tomorrow. O n the plus side was at the dr 2 days ago and my bp was low normal. Cut my bp meds from 80mg to 40mg. Will see her again in sept and she might take me off them altogether. Here's hoping.