Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2013, 10:10 AM   #31  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

ONA great to see you Glad you got the roof taken care of. I don't remember what your last weigh in is and I know the scale isn't reading what you want but the 180's aren't bad and you are really good at sticking to your guns. And with all that you have going on, YOU GO GIRL you got this You are so right we have been family for a long time now, even though we distance ourselves periodically (speaking about me) I still feel really close to you ALL. and I am truly happy to know that you are here
I do miss talking to Diana, she is such a great influence, a great motivator and full of information. I do send her a PM every now and then. I really wish that we could all meet some how. Angie had suggested a cruise but we all kind of left before we started to plan anything out

Sam isn't that crazy how we see others good/beauty but can't see our own. But it's good that we critic ourselves because if someone else were to do it we would surely let them have it Rissa constantly tells me, "Mommy you're not fat or big, you're jus right." then she gives me a tight squeeze and says, "I love you." she knows how to make mommy . Mental training is the KEY that I NEED also. I know I can do it (eating right) but I just have days when I don't. And I honestly believe that when I see a number in the low 190's my head/brain has an over excitement button and I just sabotage the day. Why is that!!!!??? You would think I'd eat salad and proteins so that I could keep it moving, smh

Ona love this --->You're back focused,know how easy it is to gain now,learned from it and will never be the same weight you started so the only place for your weight to go now is downward.

Sam this is so true and me too ----> I thought weight loss was all about eating well and exercising. I now know it's got such a lot to do with mental focus. Thats why people get derailed. Just my opinion. <--- your opinion is On Point

Kukkie you know that is a little water It'll be gone soon Yeah time does fly. She was here this pass weekend. I hugged her so much I think it drove her nuts. But we talk almost daily and thanks to my only free upgrade being an iphone we get to facetime which I absolutely love. Skype kept freezing on my android drove me nuts There was a group on FB (3FC Daily Weighers). I don't know if they still use it or not. Yeah I didn't know many people in Diana's group either. And like you it's not that I don't want to meet new people I just don't want to try to get to know a ton of them

Well I've had a few interesting days here. My weight has been so up and down. I had stomach issues one night not sure from what. So I got up to 193.6. Then the next morning TOM showed up and I was 196.0, got up today to 194.4. So I don't know what to think. I have to keep saying that I SOOOOO want to get out of the 190's, maybe I can convince myself to eat right and hit the Wii and get it done

Have a great day Ladies

Joy where are you?

Last edited by love2b150; 06-13-2013 at 10:11 AM.
Old 06-13-2013, 10:31 AM   #32  
~Rennie

~~Hey Ladies, I know it's early but do you all have a cleaver name for the July thread. Since Joy and I are the only NOVA chicks we can call it something else. Let me know ... ~~~
Old 06-13-2013, 03:37 PM   #33  
I Will do this....

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/165

Height: 5ft 7

July to yourself, or will it be the truth this month?? (Get it?) Perhaops just pertinent for me....
Old 06-13-2013, 07:17 PM   #34  
~Rennie

Sam LOL that's pretty good ... and it's pertinent to me also
Old 06-13-2013, 11:44 PM   #35  
To the Future

S/C/G: 230/ticker/145

Height: 5'7

went overboard eating tonight. and today. huge burrito for lunch, two king size kit kats, dumplings and corn. baaaaaad. I give myself too much of a pass during TOM. anyway I've gotta be held responsible for my actions. No activity today either. will see it on the scale tomorrow. But Tomorrow is a NEW DAY!!!
Old 06-14-2013, 11:12 AM   #36  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: Started SB 12/18/09 334/-/?

Height: 5'6"

Everybody..

That was an awsome Match KuKKie Just thrilled stay with it! your head is back in the game and that's the most important thing to me

You're right Sam If we just stay focused,presistant and consistant..remembering what we did to lose wieght then everyday we will get stronger mentally.

Thanks Rennie it's tough but I'm fighting my way through.Just pushing myself to move and watch what I'm eating..slowly my "losing weight mentality" is comming back.It helps when i see the scale going down You can do it Rennie you're so close to the 180's! you'll get there after TTOM has gone.fight for what you want.
Aw..your DD is so sweet My Mother tells me the same thing.It's just i don't like myself at this weight and remember how good i use to feel at around 150.

At least you are aware of it Amanda,owned it and learned something. I gave myself a pass w/mother being sick for too long.If i knew then what i know now.TTOM days are hard,it'll soon pass

:Hay:Joy and Kris

As for me....I'm pushing to move more.Trying hard to go visit Mother every other day now.Went to the gym this Morning and jogged last night.WI @ 187.4
Trying really hard to get back focused.Now that I'm weighing-In again, it has really helped mentally.
Have to stay w/ Mothers Sunday night/Monday morning so till then will have some time to work on getting mentally strong to work hard losing this weight.Plan on jogging tonight,gym in the morning and a 2 hr Zumba Class tomorrow.
For me,there's nothing like some quiet time to reflect on things,having the time to try and figure out (work on) things that are important to just me.Spending so much time helping others can Zap all the life out of ya.Slowly I'm getting there.

Last edited by OnaMi; 06-14-2013 at 11:24 AM.
Old 06-14-2013, 10:36 PM   #37  
~Rennie

Amanda I have gone overboard quite a bit here lately. But like Ona said at least you recognized it. I recognize it and for some reason I just can't fully get my groove back. And thank goodness tomorrow is a new day

Ona you are workout guru. I think you will see great results sooner than later. Keep up the great work

I got up to a 1.8lb up at 196.2. I had two fried hotdogs for dinner last night and a single serve frozen mac n cheese for dinner .... can you say SODIUM I'm going to try drinking that tea every night and eating a serving of asparagus and see what happens. If nothing else I should kick the sodium out, RIGHT???

Hope you all have a great weekend if we don't chat ... otherwise I'll talk to you some time tomorrow
Old 06-15-2013, 07:20 AM   #38  
Becoming A Better Me

Gmornin ladies-
Sorry havent been around did a phone upgrade so been busy setting it up and getting used to using it. Yesterday i spent the entire day working in my yard. I had let it all go for 2-3weeks because at one point it got to dry and the grass was dying and then the rains came and it was enough to stop anything from drying up so i could do anything and well yesterday was perfect, needless to say im a bit stiff and sore this a.m. but at least i got a good workout from it. Got a few errands to run today and then taking dh to dinner for fathers day as my thank you for my 3 kids which are my world. Have a great day ladies!
Old 06-15-2013, 07:35 AM   #39  
I Will do this....

Happy weekend ladies
A friend of mine has suggested trying to not complain for a whole week I have joined the challenge, which is going to be one because work gets freaky at this time of year and I've two teenagers doing exams !! But I'm going to try. I so believe a PMA is the key to success in all areas of life, but especially weight loss.
The scale has begun to move down steadily, and I'm down about 6lbs. I feel a little better, but have good days and bad. Today feels like a good day because I have my small shorts on, but yesterday I felt fat and wobbly I think it was because I had an argument with the man in the garage and I hadn't washed my hair so felt at a disadvantage
Ona- you are so right about how taking care of others takes the energy out of you. You must make time for you. Thats why I spend so much time at the gym- it's my me time and helps me focus on everyone else once I'm done.
Rennie - Sodium is such a pain in the ***! Sadly it's in so much of the food that tastes good, but is truly a demon fight back with as much liquid as possible. Also eat cucumber, broccoli and anything else with a high water content.
Amanda- Good attitude, tomorrow is another day. Just get right back on track and forget the aberrations .
Luckily for me, living in Belgium, fast food is hard to come by and when you find it is pretty disgusting. I have weaned myself off chocolate so even that does not tempt me much. My undoing is cold wine, and chips and nuts. I am doing better, but as I've said before I am a food addict, and have to be reined in constantly. I allowed some bread back into my life, but found it lead to other things, and the eventual 30lbs back on. It's a struggle every day, but like you Ona, I felt so awesome at 150, I certainly want to get closer to it than I am at the moment. I've 6 weeks until we hit the land of plenty and too much food (Florida) and I am going all out to make some inroads into the regain. This has included severe workouts and lots of sweating . I will fight !!
Old 06-15-2013, 10:35 AM   #40  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: Started SB 12/18/09 334/-/?

Height: 5'6"

Sweat on Star you're doing great and beating that fat back down that's what I'm talking about :highfive: good luck with your Challenge smaller short,that's awesome! I'm like that some days too Instead of me complaining/ wineing to others so much now about what all i have to do with Mother and in my own life,I just constantly say"Lord Have Mercy" when I'm stressed..he's the only one that can help anyway.
Yeah,I've found exercising to be a great stress reliever too and when I can't exercise I get stressed.It's like i have to do something cause it helps my mind so much and Don't let a good song come on the I-pod..I start pushing harder.Also when i get bored on a machine or something I think about the weight I've gain and that helps me to go a little furthur too.

You got some great exercise Joy enjoy your phone

You're just full of water Rennie after eating that it'll be gone soon. great plan :highfive:.you're staying accountable and something good will come of it. Thank you I'm getting back in the zone but a "Guru" I'm not.
Seeing the scale move/ feeling lighter (from just doing a little everyday and thinking about what i put in my mouth) just shows me that it doesn't take a whole lot..spending 5 hrs at the gym/exercising,to feel/look better.I love food it's just certain kinds /too much of a good kind,don't like me.I have NOW excepted this fact and see the ramafacations(sp) of bad food choices.

KuKKie.Kris and Amanda,hope you guys are doing well

As for me..I weighed-in @ 185.4 today.Seem to be getting rid of some water weight Have fallen in love with the elliptical at the gym.Doing an hour in the mornings and evenings.Off to Zumba! I don't love it like i use too but It's exercise so..

Last edited by OnaMi; 06-15-2013 at 11:00 AM.
Old 06-15-2013, 11:49 PM   #41  
~Rennie

Joy which phone did you get? I so want the new Galaxy S4 Good going on the yark/workout Sorry about the soreness Great Father's Day present

Sam, I have been through so much in the last 4.5 months that I try my hardest not to complain too much. With each thing that happens day to day I can truly say that things could have gone another way but they didn't. I have even joined the thread that Joy is on for gratitude. There are so many things I could type daily and most of them are repetitive but it's what I'm grateful for. Sorry about that but I was a true complainer and I needed to break that cycle that runs through my family. on the 6lbs GONE. and on the small shorts, great NSV Thanks for the food tips. Sam how many pounds are we wanting to lose by the end of July?

LOL Ona yeah I know . I just drank a cup of tea and ate a bit of asparagus (that I overcooked) so we shall see

We had a cook out at my Auntie's today. I decided this morning that today is the last day until the end of July that I eat what I shouldn't I'm gonna be telling you all what I eat each day and please don't hestitate to tell me how I can tweak it to do better. I am thanking you in advance. I am hoping to find one of my WATP DVD's and do a mile with Leslie or do the running on the Wii. I want it that bad now to at least see 185. I weighed in at 197.4 that is an up of 1.2lbs. Ladies I am getting to be totally ridiculous with my eating and if I don't stop I will look like I did 3 years ago and I don't want that. My knees hurt and my back hurts most days. I need your help to do this. Again I am thanking you all in advance.

Last edited by love2b150; 06-15-2013 at 11:50 PM.
Old 06-15-2013, 11:58 PM   #42  
~Rennie

Weigh in @ 8:30a.m. 197.4

Breakfast
~banana
~1.5 cups of coffee with s/f caramel mochioto

Lunch
~????

Dinner
~grilled burger 80/20 with a slice of American cheese, ketchup and mustard on a white bun
~grilled hot beef hotdog with ketchup and mustard on a white bun
~baked beans with ground beef, green pepper, onion & brown sugar
~a corner of Stouffer's mac n cheese
~2 1.5 inch slices of Kroger lemon cake
~3 18oz cups of soda
~about 6 cups of water

Tonight
~a cup of pu'erh tea
~10 spears of overcooked asparagus there were 12 but I could only stomach 10

Last edited by love2b150; 06-15-2013 at 11:59 PM.
Old 06-16-2013, 02:51 AM   #43  
I Will do this....

Rennie - I hear you on the been through a lot statement. Been through an awful lot myself lately, and am very thankful for my blessings. Just joined the challenge because the coming weeks at work are always fraught, and people complain daily. I thought it might motivate others to stop moaning !!
Old 06-16-2013, 08:18 AM   #44  
Becoming A Better Me

Gmornin~
More rain coming in today ugh! I find it so hard to stay focused on dreary days!
Rennie- i got the samsung galaxy express. I always get the best FREE upgrade lol. Its an awesome phone and i love the screen size! Oh and class went well the other night! Everyone had a loss for the week so we were all in good spirit and motivated lol! Scale is sitting pretty at the same spot but its ok its not quite time for my woosh yet so ill just keep pluggin along. Have a great day yall! Thread suggestion... friends from afar daily motivation and accountability?
Old 06-16-2013, 08:40 AM   #45  
~Rennie

Sam I never thought about it like that ... what a great idea. I too wish people would stop speaking negatively about others, drives me nuts so I guess we go through the same thing, smh.

Joy, good for you. Sprint was only offering the iPhone 4 free when I was due for my upgrade and though I didn't want it I'm glad I got it. I get to facetime with my baby so it makes it ok. Good job with your class I haven't had a whoosh in years. If I have a 2+ lb loss it's just salt nothing that will stay or stick but I'll get there.

Got up to a .2 up. I know it could have been more but my stomach starting bothering me around 3ish so all the mess I ate came out, sorry if tmi . I'll just say I'm starting the week at 197.6 and leave it at that.

Have a great day everyone
Closed Thread