Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2014, 09:35 PM   #526  
On my way to -70

S/C/G: 202/192/132lbs

Height: 5'4''

Thank you, scarletmeshell! Today we had people over for dinner and I made chicken breasts sauteed in mandarin sauce (like the one from Panda Express, we found it yesterday at Target and it's surprisingly not too unhealthy, LOL) and salad. The only part where I "broke" the diet was for the dessert, and it was little; it was like 1/4 cup of dark chocolate mousse (regular), and the crumbs of half a graham cracker. For what it was, it was delicious. And I still haven't met my calorie budget for the day!

lotsakids, you and me both! Finally today I went after two and a half days. This morning the scale showed 177.6 and it made me kind of mad that it had gone up since the last two days, and I knew that not going was making that weight go up. Ugh. Women and regularity. My husband never had this problem!
Old 04-21-2014, 09:24 AM   #527  

S/C/G: 272/See Ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Up again 191 this morning. I didn't eat off plan, but also didn't work out this weekend at all except for working the feed america truck at church (75 families came out!!) and a little hike yesterday. Double down today!
Old 04-21-2014, 10:46 AM   #528  
On my way to -70

This was me this morning when I got on the scale. No kidding.

In the past two days the scale was showing me a lot of love, so close to my goal! 176.6, 176.4... I could almost taste it. And this morning was a big flop. I was 177.4. Needless to say, I feel disappointed that I didn't even lose 1 lb in the last week, and I didn't eat bad at all. Maybe a bit more than usual because I didn't have to go to class, but that was it. Also the "no poo" situation is not helping and I'm feeling bloated.

This is annoying. But anyway... I lost a bit! It's something!

Old 04-21-2014, 12:25 PM   #529  
Deal Witch

S/C/G: 262/see ticker/160

Height: 5'2"

Yay for bat girl dresses and being able to GO.

Thanks for the kind words about my pic too.

So, I really blew it this weekend. I have a ton of excuses (emotional eating because it was the anniversary of my mother's death and also the first easter with no children at home or even visiting). But I really just screwed up. So much that I didn't even weigh myself today. I will wait til my normal weigh day on Wednesday and see how bad the damage was.

Today is a NEW day. (and I'm getting up right now to throw the leftover pizza away.
Old 04-22-2014, 09:53 AM   #530  

toss that pizza, pour water over it first

I was at 191 this morning and then well a bit a later... 188. Yeah I was really full of it today feeling so much better!
Old 04-22-2014, 11:38 AM   #531  

S/C/G: 263/see ticker/150

Hey ladies, lots to catch up on as usual!!

I loved your comment too scarletmeshell about letting the bat wings fly - haha! And what a great story about the woman rocking the strapless bikini! It's definitely a state of mind, and that's a lot harder to come by than anything else that we're all striving for.

Paulitens, great quote from Elaine from Seinfeld, I love that show!! It's true though, how girls are all so horrible to each other but it's all from their own insecurities. I remember a girl in high school who was like that, she thin but she was always the first to call people fat and she even called her best friend, 'lumpy laura'. I had the honor of being called 'turnip' by her. But there were rumors that she had bulimia and thought she was fat too, and I remember that she always wore long skirts and shirts, never showing any skin. It's a shame, I don't think she got any enjoyment out of high school whereas I had a great time and enjoyed feeling the sun on my skin and laughing with my friends, not really letting her get to me. I think I got a lot more out of life than she did anyway, even if I was a turnip.

Well, I hope all you ladies who need to 'go' are gonna get lucky soon!!

Thanks for the boost Llilith!! You got that posing for photos advice off to a tee!! I think 5 days a week of exercising is enough, it shouldn't be a chore, plus mixing it up with different activity on weekends is great too, different movements help the body in different ways so variety is always good!! I hope that 4 pounds that's been lurking around finally gets lost!!

I was very pleased to see a nudge into the 170s yesterday!! Only just but I am counting it!! I'll stay here of course as I want to keep chatting to you all, you're such a great supportive bunch!!
Old 04-22-2014, 01:45 PM   #532  
On my way to -70

Hello ladies! Nice to see you again, jennybuttler!

After yesterday's scale flop, I kind of blew it at night when I came back home from school. I actually blew my budget.

This morning I was 178. So I'm really watching what I eat today and hopefully not blow it tonight with my evening snacks. Those always get me. I'll probably get on the treadmill to get things rolling.

I'm so bummed! I want those 176 so badly.
Old 04-23-2014, 11:11 AM   #533  
Deal Witch

Paulitens - that picture made me laugh so hard LOL thanks for that. And yep, it's something :-P

lotsakids - I didn't put water on it, but I dumped the cat box over it HAHA

jennybutler357 - what you said about that state of mind being harder to come by than anything else is so true!! Good for you not letting that girl in HS get to you. And turnips are pretty damn sexy LOL.

I am 181.6 today, perhaps I'll see the 170s again in a few days. I've been doing much better this week - even in spite of some stress. We moved my work space to my daughter's room (she got her own place last month! I had been working in our bedroom. It's cool to have an office now!). What a nightmare getting everything connected and working again. Hubby didn't look where anything was plugged in before he moved the computer equipment, which is a big problem since I have a lot of stuff at my desk - voip phone, time capsule, ect. So, it was a couple of days of nightmare around here - fighting and stress. I'm glad it's all working now but there is some work to do to repair our relationship after all that pissy-ness.

I subscribed to a cool snacking service - they send you a small box of healthy snacks every month for $6, including shipping. I just got my first box and I was happy to see they include calorie options and they have a low calorie plan for those who are watching their cals. The portions are small, but that's kinda cool for portion control. In my first box I got dried apples with caramel dip (70 cals), crisp bread slices with smoky gazpacho dip (70 cals), pina colada dried fruit (100 cals), and jalepeno nut mix (210 cals).

The site is called graze.com. Pretty neat!
Old 04-23-2014, 11:43 AM   #534  

S/C/G: 263/see ticker/150

Lol, yes Llilith, turnips are pretty sexy, with that lush purple color and all!!

Those snacks sound delicious!! Is that all for one month or a box per week? I would be so curious to try all that I'd have that demolished in a day! Let us know how it all tastes!

Nice to see you too Paulitens, and that 176 will be yours!!
Old 04-23-2014, 11:45 AM   #535  
Deal Witch

jenny - it's $6 per box. You can sign up for two boxes per month or one per month. So far I've had two of the four snacks and I like them. I signed up for 2 boxes per month for now. I'm not really sure how they can do it for that price, since that seems like about what shipping would cost, but hey thats ok with me!

Last edited by Llilith; 04-23-2014 at 11:45 AM.
Old 04-23-2014, 12:29 PM   #536  
On my way to -70

Lilith - haha! Glad I made you laugh.

Yay for the weight loss! I will check out that graze.com, it sounds like a good deal.

I wish I could say that my weight is going down. I'm still bloated and I was 178.6 today again. But I'm still fighting the good fight and like jennybuttler said, the 176 will soon be mine.

Old 04-24-2014, 11:27 AM   #537  

S/C/G: 256/251/145

Height: 5'6"

Hey Everyone! I am going to check out graze.com! 184.4 today again, I just am all over the place!
Old 04-24-2014, 01:05 PM   #538  

S/C/G: 300/see ticker/165

Height: 5ft 8in

Hello everyone

I'm just dropping by.... I haven't settled in any maintenance thread, and the 170s are really quiet. You lot are so positive and friendly it's hard to cut the chord.

I've upped my calories to 1500 but feel like I am putting on weight, and feel more hungry than I used to - that's not so good. But I have stayed within 1kg of my lowest weight, I have been much more flexible about what I eat and think my body is adjusting. I have also been exercising much more - yesterday I ran to work and back, a total of 10km. My knee hurt a lot today, but nothing I can't handle and I hope in May to do a continuous 10km run. I am loving the exercise to be honest, and this new life is just amazing and I never want to go back where I came from, I am just painfully aware that most people do put it back on and training myself that having a few more calories once in a while does not mean the end of the world, is difficult. it feels like a slippery slope and i do not want to slide.

Turnips are cool! And so are bats
Old 04-24-2014, 01:13 PM   #539  
On my way to -70

Hello ladies!

I didn't check my weight this morning but I had a crazy workout this morning to make up for the fact that I didn't get to work out last night because I was playing nurse with my youngest daughter. And to make up for the fact that I totally blew my budget last night (I really needed that work out and it didn't happen). Anyhow... I want to keep losing so badly and be 176.0 next Monday but I doubt it's going to happen.
Old 04-24-2014, 05:31 PM   #540  

189 today, I'm getting really snacky in the afternoons - gonna have to get that under control. Not bad stuff, but too much of the good stuff.
Closed Thread