Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2013, 01:16 PM   #106  
Kelly

S/C/G: 310.6/239/160

Height: 5'9

Thanks Sue!!! We just roll on through and take over all the threads...lol.

Welcome Jenny - I could use a boost of energy myself! I just haven't been feeling motivated to do much exercise the last couple of weeks aside from taking my dog for a walk in the evening - and more of out of necessity than will.

I understand my husband's hesitation...I tend to get bored with things quickly...I have a box of exercise equipment/DVD's that I purchased over the past few months that have never really been used. I'm always trying new things and he doesn't want me dropping a $100 bucks on something I may or may not use. Maybe I'll take my eBay money and get one.
Old 08-03-2013, 01:18 PM   #107  
Kelly

Oh...and don't you all love the new pic of my baby! It just captures her personality so well. I love my little Daisy bear so much!
Old 08-03-2013, 01:23 PM   #108  
apple to apple core

S/C/G: 275/215/175

Height: 5'7"

Hello CrazyCatWoman, jennybutler257, and Mssngheart

punkrocksong, congratz on the weight loss, that's most definitely something!

I'm back on bottled water as of yesterday around lunch time, amg, I'm so happee. I swear I could taste the sink water even though I flavored it with some Crystal Light knock-off powder.

This morning I weighed 241, but I'm still going to wait until my official weigh-in day (Tuesday) to update my ticker/profile. Every day I am trying really really hard to keep staying within my allotted calories. My efforts to exercise are less successful. You ladies posting about walking, moving, and grooving are helping enormously, though! I hope next time I post here I will have gotten back on the recumbent bike. At least, that's my goal, lol.

I bought a new pair of stretchy black pants and was able to go down to a 1X from a 2X. It's keeping me motivated! I'm trying to be smart and make versatile purchases that will stay with me a while. I also bought one new blouse and was able to go down to a 2X from a 3X. I might actually throw a party if/when I ever get to shop in the Misses Department!!

Good luck, everyone, and come on 230s!!
Old 08-03-2013, 01:37 PM   #109  

S/C/G: 300/see ticker/165

Height: 5ft 8in

Thank you all for these welcomes.

Okay, I'm at 241 so I hope to be in the 230's soon. This Fitbit sounds really good - I am not sure if it is available here in Finland yet. Maybe I have to check ebay.
Old 08-04-2013, 11:00 AM   #110  
Sue finding inner song

S/C/G: 313.4/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

Punk.... Your Daisy Bear is a Cutie Pie!
Old 08-05-2013, 08:09 AM   #111  
Kelly

Thanks Sue...I know I talk about her more than I should. I just have never had a dog before and this last year with her has been a great adventure!

This is going to be a tough week for me. My birthday is tomorrow, some friends are taking me out to lunch on Friday because I have the day off, Saturday is birthday dinner with the in-laws, and Sunday is my niece's birthday party (we have the same birthday). Eating this week may be a challenge. I try not to make a big deal out of my diet to people, especially since my family has yet to mention anything - but my friends are supportive so hopefully at least Friday we can go somewhere where everything isn't cooked in oil or deep fried.
Old 08-05-2013, 10:12 AM   #112  
apple to apple core

Good morning!

congratulations, CrazyCatWoman, woo hoo!! 230s are soooo close!

punkrocksong, the pic of your puppy is straight adorable

I weighed in at 240 today, and I'm having lots of emotions about it. I know that's still Obese level II per the BMI chart, but I never ever even thought I could lose 35 lbs to get to 240! I guess I am really doing this. I am so happy I joined this forum. My resolve has increased exponentially since I became a member here.

Well at least 4 other ladies at my work are now overtly trying to lose weight. I may have helped kickstart the interest, but I'm not sure. I suddenly have been getting a lot of comments in the last couple of weeks about how I look as though I have lost weight. One of the ladies is using exercise, one is using protein shakes, one is using a prescription from her doctor, and I don't know what the other gal is doing. We are all taking our own unique path toward a goal.

Hope everyone is doing well
Old 08-05-2013, 10:17 AM   #113  
Hobbit-lass

Height: 5'2"

Second week in this thread, but down 1.8 lbs from last week so I am getting there!
Old 08-05-2013, 11:57 AM   #114  

S/C/G: 263/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Hey ladies, how is everyone doing today?! Thanks for all the welcomes, you are all so sweet!!

A huge well done to crazycatwoman and toowicky - it's great to acknowledge the milestones as we go along, sometimes it can be hard when your final goal seems so far but every victory should be celebrated and that's what will keep us going! Congratulations!!!

Happy Birthday for tomorrow punkrocksong!!!! Eating out is a total minefield I think, but I've read tons of good tips about having a plan of attack when you go into a restaurant, and they said to always ask about cooking methods, go for sauce on the side, ask for healthy substitutes if you can, and things like sharing say 3 healthier main dishes between 4 or 5 of you can help as you get a variety which satisfies your brain and eyes and you eat less than a full main course. I've got some friends meals out this week too so I was looking for tips!!

I had my weigh-in today and I'm down 5lbs since last Monday to 247, so I'm so so happy to be under 250, and that's 16lbs in 5 weeks!!!

By next Monday I want to be under 245, so that's my mini-goal for this week. IŽd love to hear about all your mini goals and victories!!
Old 08-05-2013, 06:23 PM   #115  
Deal Witch

S/C/G: 262/see ticker/160

Height: 5'2"

jennybutler357 - wow we are very similar on starting weight and goals :-) Welcome and good luck to you! We can do this, I know it.

The phentermine is great to help me lose, but I am really worried about when I can't take it anymore. I wish there was something safe to take long term that has the same appetite killing effect without the heart killing effect. Without it, I find myself obsessed by food. My hope is that the new habits I'm cultivating now are going to stick even without the medicine. I am sure enjoying the results - I can tell when I look in the mirror that I am smaller and today I was able to use the last hook on my bra.

Here's my dream - I want to walk into Victoria's Secret and buy a bra!!! They don't have them in big momma sizes, so I have never been able to. I wonder how much more I'll have to lose to get to that point. It will be a good day!!

punkrocksong - Happy early Bday. I hope you get the fitbit. Let me know how you like it, I was thinking about getting one myself. Awww, Daisy bear. I can totally relate. Nikko is my BEST friend. You don't talk about him too much - LOL @ me - my Nikko has a facebook page. I can't believe it's possible to love a pet this much. He is so wonderful. About dinner out: lately hubby and I have been doing sushi a lot. They have a great shrimp/scallop stir fry and sushi isn't that high in calories either. I am able to do dinner out at our local Japanese/Sushi restaurant and stay on track. Another good one is a Mongolian Grill - cause you choose all of your stuff and then they cook it. No mystery about what's in there.

wannaskipandlaugh - I agree - it's so cool to have this forum and thread. It helps me stay on track to read about how others are doing.

TooWicky - that's awesome about your pants! I had ordered some new leggings before I lost some and they are TOO BIG. Right now I'm washing them in hot water and gonna dry them a lot to see if they shrink. Hubby is the one who told me they were too big when we were going out on Friday. It's pretty cool that he noticed! I hear you about shopping in a different department - wanna come to Victoria's Secret with me in a few months? LOL
I was looking at the obese level charts too, and I'll be so happy when I go down to a new level! Good for you on kickstarting others at work, that's awesome!
Old 08-05-2013, 11:11 PM   #116  
Kelly

Lilith...OMG...he is adorable! Daisy would never go for the costume...she likes to be free! Is he a frenchy?

I can't wait to buy a bra at Victoria's Secret! I got a little ways to go though...I'm getting old, I need something to help the girls stay up!

jenny - way to go!!! You had a big whoosh! My goal is to not gain any weight this week.

fairandfree - congrats on your loss as well! That's a good amount for a week.

toowicky - WAY TO GO ON 240! I guess that means you'll be moving on pretty soon. On the one hand I like that this thread is only 10 lbs. but on the other hand I feel like I don't get to know some of the people as well as on the 20 lbs. threads. I mean two really good weeks and you can just roll on through this puppy.

I keep shocking myself. I was amazed after I lost 20 lbs., flabbergasted at 30 lbs., in near disbelief at 40 lbs., starting to accept that I was really doing this at 50 lbs., and now after 65 lbs. I can't believe what I've accomplished with the support of the fine ladies (and men) on here. Props to Sue who really helped motivate me with the last twenty or so!

So this is how my birthday dinner with my parents and my aunt is going to go:

Mom: Where do you want to eat?

Me: I wouldn't mind trying place X...they have some healthier options.

Mom: Well I really wanted to try Place Y - their [insert deep fried food here] is supposed to be delicious.

Me: Well, I've been trying to watch my weight.

Aunt: It's just one meal - I don't really like Place X

Mom: Yeah - I don't have any coupons for Place X

Dad: I don't care where we eat...just make up your [insert expletive here] mind.

Then they all stare pointedly at me...

Me: I guess we can try Place Y

And then my mother hands me my birthday present which will no doubt be a 4X shirt that she got on clearance somewhere.

Scene

Last edited by punkrocksong; 08-06-2013 at 08:17 AM.
Old 08-06-2013, 12:49 AM   #117  

S/C/G: 300/see ticker/165

Height: 5ft 8in

Hi folks,

Mixed feelings -this thread is great and really motivating - but I hit 239 today so am on the move.

Just need to change my ticker.........

See you all soon ???
Old 08-06-2013, 07:59 AM   #118  
Sue finding inner song

S/C/G: 313.4/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

OH PUNK... I hope and wish your birthday present to you are UNDERSTANDING PARENTS!! (Mine are almost carbon copies of yours.. trust me.. its always what THEY want)... SO That is my wish for you! That they listen!!!!!!

But either way HAPPY FANTASTIC SUPERCALIFRAGILISTIC AWESOME HISTORIC MAGNIFICENT BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!!!!!!! AND ANOTHER and a BIRTHDAY HIGH FIVE! too!

and you make me :blush: We are just here for each other!

Last edited by wannaskipandlaugh; 08-06-2013 at 06:43 PM.
Old 08-06-2013, 09:02 AM   #119  
Meanderer

Hi everyone! I am not officially in this decade yet, but I am less than a lb away so I want to move in early, if that is okay? I am hoping moving on in will keep me focused. I want to say goodbye to the 50s forever! You all are so inspirational!

Plus, I wanted to get in before you all move on. Congrats CrazyCatWoman, btw!

Sue I have been reading your posts for months and you are fantastic!

Punk Loved the birthday scene. Family can make things stressful at times for sure. You are a saint to give in on your own birthday. Happy Birthday!

Last edited by KStrong; 08-09-2013 at 04:40 PM.
Old 08-06-2013, 09:18 AM   #120  
apple to apple core

Happy Birthday, punkrocksong

CrazyCatWoman, congratulations on getting into the 230s!!! Fantastic! Hopefully we will join you soon in the 220s/230s thread *fingers crossed*

jennybutler357 and fairandfree, great job on weight loss this week

Llilith, I would LOVE to be able to shop at Victoria's Secret!

I'm still at 240 this morning, which was my official weigh-in day of the week, so I get to hang out in the thread a bit longer The last several weeks now I have been losing mostly 3 lbs per week. I'm bumping up my calories a little for sure starting today. I'm hungry every day, plus I would be happy with 2 lbs per week weight loss just fine, so some extra food daily would be welcome.

I was craving some junk food the other day so I budgeted for and ate some Burger King (Whopper Junior no cheese no mayo and Value Sized Fries.) It was the biggest waste of a precious 500 calories evar, lol, I instantly regretted it. I was starving a mere hour after I ate it, and it didn't settle on my stomach well. I'm obviously eating at a calorie deficit, so part of that is learning that food is fuel. Before I started dieting, my eating habits were atrocious and I was unable to discern food-as-fuel cues well. Now, because I am eating so much less, I feel energized/hydrated/well fueled when I eat healthy (erm, healthier, lol) foods, and I feel very meh when I eat crappy foods. It's really noticeable!
Closed Thread