Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2013, 10:33 AM   #76  
Sue finding inner song

S/C/G: 313.4/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkrocksong View Post
If swearing burns calories I should be a double zero!

I was talking to my best friend of 11 years today and she pointed out this is officially the least I've weighed since we met. On one hand it's a little depressing, but on the other it's exciting that I'm smaller now than I was at 24!
Well WOOHOO Punk... Your friend noticed on top of it and has made you an important thing in her life be remembering that weight too! That is an NSV in my book...!! I can't believe how smashing you are doing! LORD.. you flew right past me with your loss of weight.. I was wondering where that breeze came from! HOW did the steak taste? Yummy? and I bet it did not make a lick of difference in your weight either (no sugar!!!!!) LOL
Now we need to get a few more from the last thread down here!!!

I am down another lb too to 247.5 and I sure do hope that we stay in this thread less than 3 weeks... if not shorter!....
Old 07-28-2013, 10:36 AM   #77  
Sue finding inner song

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooWicky View Post
I'm super psyched. Today I bought my first new garment since losing weight... and it was a new brassiere!! Same cup size but smaller band size and a new style/contour. It makes my whole silhouette look suddenly better. Best first purchase I could have made.

I had lost 2 more lbs. when I weighed this morning, but I don't know if it's legit or just a one day thing. Will have to see how it shakes out.

I'm somewhat bummed at how I am looking while losing weight. I don't straight up look like a deflating bounce house, but I definitely look like a distant cousin of one. This is total bs, lol.
Good Loss Toowicky!! and our "fat" moves around and fills in - in the places that it had disappeared.. give it time and you will see the difference in that mirror! I finally saw slimmer arms and chest area (besides the always showing face) just last week after losing 50+ lbs... I can now finally see a difference... New smaller clothes and measurements sure to prove that we are doing it right! Keep with it!
Old 07-29-2013, 08:00 AM   #78  
Sue finding inner song

Well gosh... Not too many talkers in this thread .... Okay.. So I will hyjack it! LOL

I am up 1/2 lb and did not eat more than 900 calories yesterday... So that is probably the reason... Not enough to eat and salty Bacon for breakfast on top of that... Or I have had my week of major loss for the month and now back to the up/down up/down up/down that happens for the other 3 weeks... Lets see... I sure DO want to lose at least 1.5 lb more by the end of the month so I show at least a 7+ lb loss for the month.. I seem to be sticking to 6 - 6.5 a month for the last 2 months prior... Argh.. Takes patience!!!
Old 07-29-2013, 08:40 AM   #79  
Kelly

S/C/G: 310.6/239/160

Height: 5'9

Sorry Sue about not being around...this is the first time I've sat at my computer since Friday. I had an incredibly busy weekend! Next weekend I don't want to do anything.

On one had I'm really happy with my progress, but on the other hand I didn't really want to be losing weight this quickly. My stomach and inner thighs are kind of gross because I lost weight really fast and unevenly so there are these dimply fat deposits and loose skin - I look a lot better in clothes, but I almost feel more self-conscious naked now...it is a very strange process. I know, I shouldn't complain and I know rationally it will all even out (hopefully), but patience was not a virtue I was blessed with.

Toowicky - I've lost almost 65 lbs. and I just really started to notice the difference in the last few weeks. Congrats on the bra! I went a little ghetto and sewed some bra extenders on the outside of my bras for the time being. My bras are over $50 a piece, so I've been waiting until I get to a 36/38 before buying a new one - at a 40 now. Much like how weight lose isn't linear, it's not even either. I've been losing very unevenly, but from everything I've read your body will eventually catch up to the changes, things will even out and tighten up with time. I don't know if I'll ever wear a bikini, but I do eventually see a one piece in my future.
Old 07-29-2013, 01:17 PM   #80  
apple to apple core

S/C/G: 275/215/175

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone! I think I'm down even another half pound today to 243 1/2. My official weigh-in day is tomorrow morning - Tuesday. I lost 3 lbs last week; if I lose 3 lbs again this week, I'm going to up my calories a little to slow things down a bit. I feel more comfortable losing no more than 2 lbs per week for some weird reason. My scale measures to the half pound. I'm seriously considering getting the scales that measure to the 2/10th of a pound, but I don't know if that's ridiculous or if a lot of people here use them.

Wannaskipandlaugh, being patient is the worst, ugh. Having to lose so much weight and yielding 8 lbs per month weight loss max means a loooooong time til goal. I find this very frustrating.

punkrocksong, no kidding about the expense of bras, what a pain! That was very resourceful of you to use extenders. I went from a 42 to a 40 where I am now, too. I also switched from a minimizer style to a more shaping/uplifting style. I felt the minimizing did my particular figure no favors, although I have worn that style for years and years. I have an apple shape. I love this new one so much. I may go ahead and get it in the smaller band size because every time I get a favorite, it gets discontinued!!
Old 07-29-2013, 03:37 PM   #81  
Hobbit-lass

Height: 5'2"

Hit Hit 249.2lbs last week, and this morning I was down to 246lbs! I only weigh once a week. Eat healthy, exercise, all that good stuff. Am feeling great about myself and my future right now.

(edited to fix inability to type correctly)!

Last edited by fairandfree; 07-31-2013 at 12:19 AM.
Old 07-29-2013, 08:02 PM   #82  
Sue finding inner song

""On one had I'm really happy with my progress, but on the other hand I didn't really want to be losing weight this quickly. My stomach and inner thighs are kind of gross because I lost weight really fast and unevenly so there are these dimply fat deposits and loose skin - I look a lot better in clothes, but I almost feel more self-conscious naked now...it is a very strange process. I know, I shouldn't complain and I know rationally it will all even out (hopefully), but patience was not a virtue I was blessed with.."" From Punkrocksong message

Punk... Oh I know those dimples and creases and loose skin. Yikes.. my inner thighs wack each other when I walk so you can imagine walking down the hallway at the law office I work at... Gotta walk sllllooooowwwwwllllyyyyy LOLOLOL But that skin (in your case) will tighten up!!!!! and those dimples will disappear and smooth out. Mine have gotten alittle shallower so here's hoping that they do disappear... BUT I hope that you stick around at least 10 days or so... I am trying my best to keep up with you! You are just "Busting" it as IAN says!

fairandfree! Congrats to you losing 26 lbs! Horaaayyyyyy!!!!
Glad you have joined us!

TooWicky... I wish I could lose 3 lbs a week... I see all the wonderful people losing weight so fast and I am averaging 1.5 a week.. which is good.. just want it faster... But I know how you feel ... Sometimes losing so much so fast its hard for the body to keep up and the mind too!... Whatever you decide... we are here for you!

GLAD I did not have to Hijack this thread for too long... I think you all woulda gotten mesmerized by my soliquies

Last edited by wannaskipandlaugh; 07-29-2013 at 08:06 PM.
Old 07-30-2013, 04:45 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 270/270/160

Height: 5'5

I'm new here on the thread. I am finally down a couple more pounds. I just bought a fitbit from ebay and got it today. I can't wait to get it started and hopefully it will motivate me to exercise more and I can move on to the 230's.
Old 07-31-2013, 12:18 AM   #84  
Hobbit-lass

Blush, er, down to 246, I meant to say. Typing and I don't always get on too well!
Old 07-31-2013, 08:02 AM   #85  
Sue finding inner song

Yeah fairandfree! Good for you getting down to 246... I am right behind you.. down to 247 today after weighing in at 250 yesterday (Made me MAD!!!)

Cleancow Glad to have you join us! We are all going to the 230's, I hope before the end of August... That is my wish! and you all will get there sooner than I (I am an older person... so slower losing.. but steady!)

It is heartening that this thread is only 10 lbs long YEAH!!!

Punkrock.. How are you doing today? TooWicky..? How was your official Tuesday weigh in? Are you out of the 240's? Let us know!

Have a great day all!!!
Old 07-31-2013, 12:24 PM   #86  
Deal Witch

S/C/G: 262/see ticker/160

Hi Everyone! So excited I just had to share. I finally got under 240 today! 239.6 this morning. That means I've met my first mini goal, now for my next journey to 220. I'm taking it in small steps to make it more managable - meeting the first goal feels so good
Old 07-31-2013, 12:41 PM   #87  
Hobbit-lass

Yay, congratulations, Llilith! I can't imagine how good it felt meeting that first mini-goal, definitely can't wait to get to mine!
Old 07-31-2013, 12:59 PM   #88  
apple to apple core

S/C/G: 275/215/175

Height: 5'7"

Hi Llilith, congratulations on being in the 230's !!

fairandfree, fantastic weight loss this week, you must be delighted!

cleancowgirl, welcome, and nice to meet you. Let us know how the fitbit is working for you. I'm a massive exercise and activity fail. I got on the recumbent bike for 10 minutes, like, 2 weeks ago, ugh, lol. I'm super hoping I dig deep and find some motivation to get an exercise regimen started, however lame

wannaskipandlaugh, yay for being 247, very solidly in the 240s

I did have my official weekly weigh in yesterday, and I came in at 243.5, so a 2 ½ lbs loss from last week. I bounced down another pound as of this morning, but as I always say, I'm not sure if it's legit or the normal ups/downs during the week, and I'll have to wait and see if it holds over the next few days.

I ran out of bottled water this morning. This means I will have to drink SINK WATER. The horror!! I think I'm traumatized, lol.
Old 07-31-2013, 01:09 PM   #89  
Deal Witch

S/C/G: 262/see ticker/160

I have such a hard time with exercise too. I really don't want to do it LOL. Lately I have been using an exercise ball at my desk instead of a chair and bounce dancing around while I work. I figure what the hey, I'm burning some calories for sure.

LOL at the sink water, I spruce mine up with crystal lite and it's tolerable.
Old 07-31-2013, 02:32 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 270/270/160

Height: 5'5

Okay so loving the fit bit!! I went for my walk this morning. I usually walk about 2.5 miles currently at the high school track and walked over 7000 steps! They recommend on the site to walk 10,000 daily. It wakes me up in the morning too with an alarm and records my sleep. I work up 11 times during the night, dh says we need a better mattress but no wonder some mornings I am so tired. Any who very cool gadget. Weight is the same at 247.6. Off to mow the grass so I can get my 10000 steps in!
Closed Thread