Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2013, 02:23 PM   #46  
weight room rookie

S/C/G: 267/233/150

Height: 5'5"

I'm about 6 or 7 (depending on traffic) hours south of Dallas in Victoria.

I forgot that I needed to do some errands today, so I went straight after going to the gym. Kinda got funny looks in the bookstore with my Hot Mess look, but I didn't care. Really glad that today and tomorrow are my days off from weights, I did back and shoulders last night and boy, can I feel 'em!
Old 07-07-2013, 11:35 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 254/250.3/145

Height: 5'2"

Can I join? I'm new to this site. I just joined today so even though I am still technically 250, I would hate to join that group for a day or two. I'm hoping to make it to 249.8 in the next day or two.

My name is Annie. I'm doing a modified South Beach style diet which has worked awesome for me in the past. I lost 70 pounds about 5 years ago doing this but unfortunately I have gained almost 100 pounds back. Arghh. I'm sick of the yo-yo and just want to live a healthy lifestyle and stay a healthy weight.

I'm trying to look at the positive. I definitely learned I am an emotional eater. I never thought I was, but I was wrong. Now that I have accepted that and worked on the underlying causes I'm ready to be rid of the excess baggage for good.

I have been depressed about my weight and have felt helpless for too long. I'm done and ready to move on on do something about it.

Thanks. Probably more than anyone wanted to know but I needed to get that off my chest, lol.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone and offering support along the way.
Old 07-07-2013, 12:18 PM   #48  
weight room rookie

Hi Annie and welcome to the site!

The scale read 239.8 this morning, but I'm leery. I wasn't feeling 100% yesterday, so I napped the majority of the day away, sleeping through lunch and dinner. I'm hopping this is the whoosh I've been waiting for several weeks to arrive, but my body likes to go "You weighed what yesterday? Oh, I was just kidding, here's those extra pounds back you thought you lost! Wasn't that funny? Ha ha, I'm hillarious that way!"

So yeah, going to cross my fingers, keep up with the gym routine, and hold off on changing my ticker until I get a 239 for several days in a row.
Old 07-08-2013, 07:35 AM   #49  

My weight was the same today. Yuck. I was really hoping to see 249 but no matter how many times I stepped on the scale it registered 250.2, 250.4, or 250.0. So close yet so far away, lol.

I was only so so over the weekend. I cheated with ice cream both nights so I shouldn't be too surprised. Hopefully I can kick it into gear today and avoid temptation tonight. I need to buy sugar free jello or sugar free candy to take care of the sweet cravings.

How is everyone else doing? I have a busy day today. Crazy summer day with three kids. Lots of errands but hopefully some pool time this afternoon too.
Old 07-08-2013, 10:56 AM   #50  
weight room rookie

Three kids on summer vacation? You sound like you have your hands full! Have fun at the pool! I've been lazy about doing this, but I used to beat my sweet cravings by sticking fruit in the freezer, not long enough for it to get rock hard, just enough to have a bit of an icy crunch. Grapes were good to do this with, but I bet strawberries or watermelon chunks would be good too.

We had a huge rainstorm come through late last night/early this morning. I woke up around seven to a terrified kitten fluffed out and huddled right next to my face. Now that it's been raining off and on since then, Izzy is doing the "What, me scared of thunder? Obviously you're thinking of another cat" routine. Either way, the rain is certainly welcome! We've been in Stage 2 drought conditions for a couple of weeks now, so any bit of wet helps! (I just wish the weather wouldn't play havoc on my knees! They're sounding all creaky-like!)

And I woke up to 238.6 this morning! Mondays are my usual weigh-ins, so I've decided that this one definitely counts.
Old 07-08-2013, 11:39 AM   #51  
*Embrace Power*

S/C/G: 332/279.8/195

Height: 5'5

Annie welcome to the thread!!!! Three kids are definitely something that keeps you going haha! For the last three families I have nannied for it has been with three children and there was never a dull moment! I know what you mean about the scale not budging below 250, I was dealing with that recently and finally got my whoosh, you will get yours too just stick with it!

Issa I am so excited for you to be out of the 240s!! I hope to join you super soon! We too have been getting a ton of rain and usually here it is super drought like! And I know where Victoria is, I lived in Texas for five years and loved it!
Old 07-08-2013, 12:52 PM   #52  

Issa that is awesome weight loss! I'm chugging water to get a whoosh. We are hot and humid today and need rain too. Not as bad as Texas as we had a very wet June, but I want a storm to break the humidity. I love the idea to freeze fruit. I have some grapes and strawberries that I think I will throw in. Mmmm.

Thanks Pink! There is something about 3 kids that multiplies the craziness. When one is somewhere else it's amazing how much calmer it is around here! Luckily my youngest is almost 6 so it's not as crazy as it was a few years ago.

My kids have a pile of new books as we went to the library this morning. Trying to decide it we read in the cool air conditioning this afternoon or swim. The ac may win because it is just so hot. I need to figure out a healthy and cool dinner too. Hmmm.
Old 07-08-2013, 10:42 PM   #53  
weight room rookie

Thanks you guys! I'll be keeping the door to the 230's propped open for ya'll!

Woo for libraries! I practically grew up in one during summer breaks when I was a kid. Re: the humidity - I overheard two ladies talking as they came into the gym about how hot and sticky it was going to be after all the rain and how they were dreading it, then on the next breath talking about how good a session in the steam room was going to be after their workout.

What I like about where I'm at is that it's roughly two hours from everything. Want to go to San Antonio? Two hours. Austin? Two hours. The beach? Two hours or less, depending on which one you want to go to. There really isn't the "but it's too far" excuse and the highways in between generally make for a scenic drive.
Old 07-09-2013, 07:29 PM   #54  
300lbs in avatar

S/C/G: 339/287/225

Height: 5'9

Hi guys I'm almost out of the 240s but I still want to post in this thread until I reach 235. I hit a plateau when I was in the 260s and kept fluctuating. I'm just so happy to be closer to 199 than 299! lol I'm hoping to make it to Onederland by the end of this year. It's almost my 21st birthday and I want to be at 235-230 by then.
Old 07-13-2013, 01:33 PM   #55  
apple to apple core

S/C/G: 275/215/175

Height: 5'7"

Hello As of this morning, I am 249.5 lbs! I'm thrilled. This is a weight I haven't seen in probably 6 years, maybe longer.

I'm finally feeling a bit less ungainly, so my goal this week is to START EXERCISING which I hate to do. I have a recumbent bike that is currently serving as folded laundry storage ><

I'm an apple shape and I'm really hoping losing another 10 lbs will help with my silhouette issues.

Nice to meet everyone!
Old 07-16-2013, 12:04 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 257/ticker/154

Height: 5'5.5"

All right, I have had enough of this. I was becoming discouraged after not losing any weight for 6 weeks. Well, now I have gained nearly 4 pounds over the past 2 weeks, despite sticking to my plan!
So, new plan.
To get back on track with my Christmas time goal, I need to be 232 by August 6 (my halfway point). In order to make a serious dent in those 12 pounds over the next 3 weeks, I am going to do the following things:
1. drop to less than 1500 high quality calories per day.
2. get in at least 10,000 steps (or 5 miles on the bike) per day
3. go to bed no later than 10 pm every night
Ok, my 21-day challenge starts...now!
Old 07-17-2013, 05:25 PM   #57  
apple to apple core

I was very excited to still be in the 240s at my official weekly weigh-in this week (Tuesdays,) but just barely, at 249lbs! I know it's rather silly, but I'm still in shock to see 240-anything on the scale. I'm so happee.

I went out to eat yesterday and today for lunch. I literally have no idea how many calories I consumed. I tried to make smarter choices. One lunch was an Asian buffet and I somehow summoned the wherewithall to only eat veggies, steamed rice, and fruit. I think I actually teared up and stared longingly at the chocolate fountain at the dessert bar, lol, sad!!

I'm trying to establish two new habits now that I'm in the 240s - calorie counting and the dreaded EXERCISING, gah. The day before yesterday I did the recumbent bike for 10 minutes, but I flaked doing it yesterday (not particularly proud of myself.) I have not exercised for a very long time and I'm embarrassingly out of shape. I straight up admire y'all for commitment to exercising!
Old 07-18-2013, 11:00 AM   #58  
It's me, Ashleyyy!

S/C/G: 291/~/185

Height: 5'8"

I am chugging right a long. I had a HUGE plateau... Like the whole month of June huge. I have been down for the last 2 weeks though, so I am excited about that. I weigh in tomorrow and am hoping for a nice drop once again. These bodies are NUTS!
Old 07-20-2013, 08:07 AM   #59  

S/C/G: 257/ticker/154

Height: 5'5.5"

I'm finally out of here! See you all in the 230's!!
Old 07-20-2013, 01:20 PM   #60  
apple to apple core

Congrats, Fadedbluejeans!!

I'm still hovering at about 248 at the moment. It's that TOM and I feel enormous, although I'm doing well with eating the appropriate amount of calories. My official weigh-in is Tuesday and I'd be thrilled to drop one more pound by then, but I'm not sure I'll get that. I might even gain, but I hope not.

smashlers, I had a 2 week plateau earlier in my weight loss journey when I was at 17 lbs. lost. I have to tell you it was excruciating. I lived in mortal fear of my completely quitting dieting altogether. Somehow, I pushed through. Fantastic that your plateau has passed and you are losing! I have quite a bit of weight to lose and it's going to take a long time. I assume I'll encounter quite a few plateaus along the way and I'm not looking forward to it -.-
Closed Thread