Need A Laugh...

• Just had to share this, even if it was a big blow to my ego LOL.

I'm 35 years old and feeling pretty proud of myself. I've lost 105 pounds and I'm able to get in a pretty good work out each day. I'm up to walking for 5 minutes at 3.0 and then jogging for 1 minute at 4.1 and keeping that up for my 30 minutes on the treadmill.

So there I am yesterday, doing my time on the treadmill, when this elderly man gets on the treadmill next to me. He had to be at least in his 70's. He got on the treadmill and hooked the emergency stop thing to the waist band of his pants. I was thinking, "Oh, he's afraid that he might fall or get sick, but he's here doing this anyway. Good for him!).

Imagine my surprise when this man starts the treadmill and takes off at a jog of 5.0. Of course that was just his warm-up, By the time I picked my jaw up off the ground, he had worked his way up to 8.0 and was running along and barely breaking a sweat.

Suddenly I'm feeling VERY out of shape!!

ROTFLMAO!!!
  • Wow great for him! maybe when you are his age you will be running that much . I cant wait until i can run for more than a minute. Right now i am just happy i can walk 2 mile without dying. Your such and insipration!
  • Wow I hope I can run like that someday!
  • ROTFLMAO! Just goes to show us how age is all a number....
  • Whoa, that guy rocks!

But you know what ~ SO DO YOU ! ! ! Congrats on an awesome weight loss and for all of that great running!
  • Quote:
    Originally posted by dowsx4
    Right now i am just happy i can walk 2 mile without dying.
    Right there w/ya, babe!!!!

Good for him, though, what an inspiration!!
  • look at it this way: HE DOESN'T DO ANYTHING ELSE WITH HIS DAY!!! well, maybe that's an overstatement. but at my gym, there's a bunch of elderly men that spend their entire mornings doing laps in the pool. they must log at least a mile and a half every day. this is how they spend their days!

Bless them all, but don't compare yourself to them. if you could spend most of your day at the gym, you'd be outrunning him too!!!
  • He was probably hiding his sweat and fatigue...he saw a pretty young girl next to him and he just HAD to show her up
  • How inspiring each of you are! You are both working at your own fitness levels and each doing a great job of it. I haven't exercised yet today but I will and I'll try to up my time just a minute or two in appreciation of both of your accomplishments!
  • LOL@Chibit. You could be right. I just hope I'm able to run at all when I'm his age. I'm 40 now and cant so I've got to get to work huh?? I do walk every day, 4 miles in an hour, but running would kill me.

Miki
  • That's really funny!! But you should be really proud fo yourself. You have been doing great and really sticking with it!!
  • I wonder if he has a girlfriend.
  • There was an older man just like that at my gym... I just made it my goal to be able to be on the treadmill doing what I was doing at his age!!