this may be a stupid question but i need to know ....

• lets say you weigh 200 pounds ... and lets just say a cup of water is 16 oz ( 1 pound ... if you put the glass of water on the scale and you get on with it you now weigh 201 pounds .... ( your weight plus the weight of 16 oz of water ) if you drank the water dont you now weigh 201 also ?? i know you will say its water weight , but where does it go? if your recomended to drink 8 glasses of water a day how does your body get rid of all of it ? and if it dosent , wouldent that mean your getting heavier and heavier just by drinking water?

im sorry about the stupid question ... i think very randomly ....
  • Hi! Yes, you will weigh more if you drink water--but it's a temporary increase. Weigh yourself first thing in the morning (after a morning bathroom visit) and that will be your true weight.

Sodium is the main reason why people retain water but the only way to get rid of your excess sodium is to drink water....ahh the miracles of the body.
  • Your body processes the water, it doesn't just stay in your stomach. You sweat, pee, respirate (breathe), produce saliva, etc.

In an ideal world you should "use" all 8 glasses of water through normal bodily functions (see above list) each day. You retain water for specific reasons (such as sodium, muscle repair, etc) and that may be temporarily reflected on the scale.
  • I find a couple of good beers flushes it out very nicely.
  • I <3 Beer.
    B-6 works too.

But not nearly as satisfying as a hoppy IPA or a wonderfully crisp saison.