Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

Dresses!! They are quite forgiving size wise. And dresses are sexy
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 12:02 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 298/ticker/175

Height: 5'7"

I was bad in that I was waiting as long as possible before buying new clothes. I'd lost about 50 pounds before I went out and bought new pants. I went from a size 26 that looked awfully baggy to a size 20 that way and skipped the sizes in between. However, there is no way my husband and my best friend will let me do that again. Those clothes that were way too big looked terrible.

Now, I have a new rule of keeping garbage bags in my closet and when I put something on that's too big, I pop it in the garbage bag. As soon as the garbage bag gets full, I take it to my local Goodwill. I've been told there that my clothes don't stay on the rack very long. In fact, the first time I donated, there was a gal there who had been in tears because she'd just got a new job after being unemployed for a long time and couldn't find anything her size. I'd brought 3 bags of size 26 work clothes. She was in heaven! The folks working the counter at Goodwill just let her have them as they hadn't been checked in yet.

I have junk in my attic about shopping for myself at Goodwill and stores like that. My own experiences have been mostly negative. I never seem to be able to find stuff in my size that I like. In my area, the larger sizes get swooped up really fast. So, I shop sales and I use coupons. I don't pay full price for anything. I'm getting clothing right now mostly from Dress Barn although I do shop at other stores. I buy myself something every payday and I generally spend around $50 when I do. Last payday, I got a pair of pants (size 18!) a sweater and a blouse for $54 at Dress Barn.

Last edited by Garnet2727; 04-25-2013 at 02:17 PM.
Garnet2727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 01:18 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 315/210/160

Height: 5'8"

I dropped a dress size, to 22/24, and i've just started buying clothes in that size. I went to the thrift store and got a bunch of clothes for $17. All my 3x pants still fit cause they have elastic waists, so I can still wear them for a while.
Moreta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 01:26 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 265/(ticker)/155

Height: 5'6"

I just have to share that my jeans are pretty much falling down at this point. Old Navy shipped my new ones Monday but the cheap shipping is SO SLOW!

Last edited by Underwater; 04-25-2013 at 02:52 PM.
Underwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 01:56 PM   #20  
Trying for normal

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

Sum38 - I'm with you on the dresses!!! And wrap dresses especially, just tighten 'em up.
AlmostMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:13 AM   #21  
Kelly

S/C/G: 310.6/239/160

Height: 5'9

I actually have about 10 dresses ranging from a 2x/3x to a 22/24. I have a lovely houndstooth wrap dress that I wore to work this week that is a little too big and I'm tying it as tight as I can. Now that is finally getting a little warmer maybe I'll hit Kohl's this weekend and see if they have anything on sale. I currently don't have any LB coupons...and that's the only time I shop there - their clothing is not made well enough to justify paying full price for anything in that store.

I'm a little nervous about buying stuff that's too small right now. I've been doing really well so far, but I almost feel like I'm being overly confident if I start buying stuff a size down.

Maybe this is TMI...but I'm really hoping my chest starts getting smaller so I can start buying button up shirts in my actual size instead of the next size up so I can button them up all the way! I don't have Christina Hendricks' chest or anything like that, but they have become a hindrance. I really miss being a C cup.
punkrocksong is offline   Reply With Quote