Old 04-20-2013, 11:38 AM   #16  
Vex
There is no try.

S/C/G: 281/T/140

Height: 5'6"

Default re:

I think many women can do exactly what they do when not pregnant, but unfortunately that's not true for everyone.

I thought that, and turned out being completely wrong and I ended up with a 25 week pregnancy.

I think no one should really be advising you on what exercises you should or should not do except for your OB-GYN, especially with your history. I'm sure you could call the office and perhaps get a answer with what to do before you're able to have your appt in a month.

Last edited by Vex; 04-20-2013 at 11:57 AM.
Vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 11:51 AM   #17  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elladorine View Post
Thanks Angi! I do appreciate the advice, and you're much more sound than the lady that told me it's "normal" to gain 60-90 pounds during the pregnancy (it must be normal since she did it with each of hers).

According to most of what I've been reading, since I'm already obese I should try to gain about 15 pounds (and of course, it's still something I want to discuss with my doctor anyway). Due to my age and my previous miscarriage, I'm guessing this pregnancy might be considered high risk. I do plan on remaining active, I just feel uncomfortable to continue pushing myself with the jogging. I'm loving the water jogging and still enjoy taking walks; I try to get in at least a mile every day. I'm definitely sticking very close to my original diet but am throwing in one extra snack for now (and making it a healthy one, at that). I'm wondering if it's ok to continue eating at a deficit like I have been for the past year? I want to make sure I'm getting enough nutrition and calories.

I can't wait for the baby! And the added woosh will be bonus.
I almost just choked on my coffee, 60-90?!?!? OMG!!! No way!!

I have been trying to learn a lot as I hope to follow in your footsteps shortly. My nutritionist told me that pregnant women only need about 300 calories more a day over their maintenance calories which is the equivalent of having something such as an extra yogurt and banana daily. You really don't "eat for 2". And any exercise that you have been doing consistently for 4 months prior to conceiving is ok to continue except for things that would be stressful to your belly as you start to get further along. (Obviously you will be getting advice from your doctor and none of us on the internet and at your meetings!!)

I am going to hopefully have to check this all out with my OB/GYN and the rest of my medical team but it sounds good to me. And even if we gain weight (obviously we will!) it won't be the same way that we did when we were unhealthy vs. pregnant, if that makes sense in words!

I'm living vicariously through you right now, if I start saying too much please tell me. I'm so excited for you after all you have been through.
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 12:20 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 310/*look*/140

Height: 5'9

Oh goodness, I'm sorry that was said Elladorine! I agree with all those who said it's probably envy. Either way, thoughtless.
I remember when I started not eating meat a few years back, my fiances aunt, who is also overweight, gave me crap about it and said...it makes you sick...humans evolved to eat meat...blah blah blah. That was the first time I realized how threatened some people are when other peoples eating/exercise habits don't align with theirs!
Anywhoooo, YOU are doing awesome...keep it up! I enjoy running too, something freeing about it.
Lecomtes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 01:13 AM   #19  
I think I'm losing it!

S/C/G: Highest 350 308/220/160

Height: 5'5"

Just have to say -- Congratulations on your little blessing! God bless the babe! Oh, and you, too! Perhaps you should register for a jogging stroller for your baby shower. That'll show 'em you're serious about returning to running.
AwShucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 11:37 AM   #20  
beautiful bright soul :)

S/C/G: 296 / 171 / 150

Some people just don't know when to not share their opinion and feel at liberty to offer unsolicited advice. WHAT is that about? Fortunately, it sounds like you know exactly what to do and are approaching this just as wisely as you have your wonderfully successful weight loss. Best of luck with the pregnancy and I hope the group experience becomes less frustrating.
belovedspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 01:57 PM   #21  
Started IP 10/21/15

S/C/G: 243/238.8/170

Height: 5'4"

Ella, your pregnancy is wonderful news!!!! Congratulations!

As for the people and the jogging...I personally think they were making excuses as for why they shouldn't jog. We've seen it on here time and time again...if someone isn't ready there's always an excuse why.
PreciousMissy is offline   Reply With Quote