Old 04-23-2013, 12:34 PM   #1  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Default Big mistake???

So I'm traveling and got the brilliant idea to bring my scale with me. I weigh daily and graph, so daily fluctuations don't normally bother me, but now I'm starting to think it was a huge mistake to bring my scale.

I'm "up" 3 pounds overnight from flying and junk food. It's kinda disheartening because I was so close to entering a new decade (180s).

I guess I don't really need advice, I know this is water weight but I'm not gonna lie, I'm bummed out big time

Last edited by Mozzy; 04-23-2013 at 12:34 PM.
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 12:42 PM   #2  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Aw. At least you know it IS water weight. You will get down to 189 and below REAL soon! I would not have taken my scale with me only because I worry that it will eff my scale up by moving it too much, ridiculous right? I say put it away and don't step on it at least a week after you get back.

amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 12:47 PM   #3  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

I am traveling next week to Turkey for two weeks. It is scaring the bejesus out of me. I will still post here but I will really have to watch what I eat, including on the plane. I will be taking a scale but not my main one.

I will take a mini digital travel scale instead. Without my numbers I would be really lost.

http://www.amazon.com/NewlineNY-SBB0...s=travel+scale

FYI, it is tricky to use. You have to get on it sideways then jump off to read your weight. And it's not reading the same measurement as my main scale so I have to adjust 0.6lbs for that. But better than nothing!

Last edited by IanG; 04-23-2013 at 01:00 PM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 01:02 PM   #4  
I'm bringing sexy back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandie View Post
Aw. At least you know it IS water weight. You will get down to 189 and below REAL soon! I would not have taken my scale with me only because I worry that it will eff my scale up by moving it too much, ridiculous right? I say put it away and don't step on it at least a week after you get back.

Might be a good idea....
Old 04-23-2013, 01:03 PM   #5  
I'm bringing sexy back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanG View Post
I am traveling next week to Turkey for two weeks. It is scaring the bejesus out of me. I will still post here but I will really have to watch what I eat, including on the plane. I will be taking a scale but not my main one.

I will take a mini digital travel scale instead. Without my numbers I would be really lost.

http://www.amazon.com/NewlineNY-SBB0...s=travel+scale

FYI, it is tricky to use. You have to get on it sideways then jump off to read your weight. And it's not reading the same measurement as my main scale so I have to adjust 0.6lbs for that. But better than nothing!

That's a neat travel scale! Good luck in turkey! Have fun and be safe!
Old 04-23-2013, 03:44 PM   #6  
Trying for normal

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

I'm gonna be away for a few days soon and I'm not planning to weigh at all - hadn't even thought about it. I'm travelling with my rugby team and camping and so forth and I can't imagine the ribbing I'd get if I brought a scale.
AlmostMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 03:49 PM   #7  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Rugby players? Ribbing? Come on these are not a bunch of soccer players!

Take them.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 04:02 PM   #8  
Unstoppable Force

S/C/G: 225/ticker/137

Height: 5'6"

I wonder if you jostled it or reset something? Maybe the scale reading is off?

And you know that a million things can cause weight fluctuations so don't worry! You'll be in a new decade in a flash!
Novus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 04:08 PM   #9  

Aww Mozzy, carrying babies and a scale?!? You are crazy, woman!! But seriously, you know it's not real weight. It could even be the type of floor that it's on. Enjoy your time away, the scale will be there for you when you get back. And holy smokes, the 180s soon?!?! You are awesome!!

I'd never take up room in my luggage with a scale instead of all the "skinny" clothes I can wear now!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 04:47 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 242/ticker/212

Height: 5'6

Put it away! Put it away! Put it away!!!
It's bumming you out, 'nuff said.
You know what you're supposed to do to stay on track. Do it and let the cards fall where they may, especially if it's a short travel kind of thing.
You've come this far, the 180s don't have a thing on you!!!!
foreverfaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 05:29 PM   #11  
Lose 1lb. Repeat 99 times

S/C/G: 262/signature/170

Mozzy - I think that travelling though exciting is going out of your comfort zone. Don't step on the scale for a few days and don't be disheartened with the 'gain'. Think of it this way.. like using those travel size shampoos & soaps in hotels makes my skin and hair all weird (not sure if everyone likes those travel sized bottles of substitutes from your regular stuff) but I know that as soon as I get home, I will get right back to using what I always did. Same way, you know you are travelling for a short time, as soon as you get back, you WILL get back on track with the regular weigh-ins and diets and exercise and everything!
For now, enjoy the travels and if you are in a foreign land, eat something local (ofcourse, keeping it within your calories count)
You can and you should cos you WILL get back on track as soon as you're home !!
nitrus29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 05:35 PM   #12  
Lose 1lb. Repeat 99 times

S/C/G: 262/signature/170

Quote:
How exciting!!! I wanna travel too !!! I'd suggest yes, do watch what you eat but do definitely try out the local cuisine. You are allowed a day of Shawarma and another of Falafels Mannn can I come along??

Guys I think we have the will power to reach out individual goals! That doesn't mean we miss out on the awesome experiences in life, does it? I so want to say "eat today, drink today for tomorrow you have to diet" but I know I will be kicked out of this forum !! no no nitrus, don't be a tard !!! * kicks self *

Safe travels IanG Bring us some pictures :
nitrus29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 11:17 PM   #13  
MF 3/31/13

S/C/G: 261/ticker/155 for now

Height: 5'2"

I was just thinking to myself last night - would it be crazy to take my scale with me on vacation in July? I'm so obsessive about my morning weigh in, I seriously think being without a scale for 8 days would send me over the deep end.
SuperHeroTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 11:44 PM   #14  
I'm bringing sexy back!

Thanks everyone!!!!
Old 04-24-2013, 12:04 AM   #15  
Updating my software ;)

S/C/G: KGs: 82 / ?? / 55

Height: 5ft

I, too, would be lost without the numbers on the scale to keep me in check. For me, when my weight goes up 3lbs like yours have, I always give it a couple of days before I start to freak out because a lot of the time it's just your body crying for attention. That's how I see it anyway Let your body have it's moment in the spotlight and keep going

Quote:
Rugby players? Ribbing? Come on these are not a bunch of soccer players!

Take them.
Not a bunch of soccer players? LOL That's stereotyping and slightly insulting. We soccer players are just like any other team off the field! Some could argue that we are more competitve on the field. Tee-hee
Rhiko is offline   Reply With Quote