3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Sports bra reccomendations (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/279799-sports-bra-reccomendations.html)

LadyPurl 04-15-2013 07:49 PM

Sports bra reccomendations

I need a good one - I'm a 40F. I am not a fan of cross back sports bras they put too much pressure too close to my neck and end up making me feel dizzy for some reason. And I would like something that takes the divide and conquer route with the girls, sweat pooling between them makes me itchy and drives me nuts.

I've never had a good sports bra before so I have no clue where to start - I usually just go buy the cheapy squish the girls together version from Walmart but I'm never happy with them. I really want to try and run a 5K as one of my far off goals and if I am going to work at that I need to find a good comfortable sports bra. Hopefully affordable but I realize that when you aren't standard market sports bra size you usually have to pay more.

Sum38 04-15-2013 07:52 PM

http://www.amazon.com/Panache-Womens.../dp/B005X5FG2O

One of the 3FC ladies called it as "boob armor". :lol3: But for real this bra is amazing!!! I am BIG breasted like you and my girls stay nicely put during my walks and workouts.

LadyPurl 04-15-2013 08:23 PM

It says it is underwire - can you feel that when you are wearing it (as in does it come up high under your arm and poke your armpit - I just ditched a bra for that offense).

Sum38 04-15-2013 08:27 PM

It has wire but I don't think it is restricting. A good bra store will have one of these bras. Go and try one on...but Amazon has them cheaper.

LadyPurl 04-15-2013 08:54 PM

There is no such thing as a good bra store where I live :) I buy most things from amazon or online. The nearest Walmart is an hour away.

Sum38 04-15-2013 08:58 PM

Ouch! No Wally's!!! Order on line with a return policy! But I have a feeling you will like it. The only thing... I had to go larger on band. My rib cage may be strange... so don't take it as "advise".

elvislover324 04-15-2013 09:03 PM

I can't remember what brand mine is but I just started the C25K and it's awesome (my sports bra, that is!).

I got a zip up one (front closure obviously!) and it's the best one I ever had, absolutely no movement at all. Somehow it just seems so much tighter and secure than the ones without closures that you just put over your head.

Just wanted to give you something else to consider!

LadyPurl 04-15-2013 09:03 PM

Thanks! I found the Enell sports bra as well which may be easier to get in.

Sum38 04-15-2013 09:07 PM

Enell makes great bras!

lunarsongbird 04-16-2013 10:16 AM

I should also probably buy a bra, but I'm being stubborn, because I feel like in 10-20 pounds...it will be money wasted, because it wont fit right anymore.

BeachBreeze2010 04-16-2013 10:43 AM

I have a Victoria's Secret one that I love, but honestly what I always have done is just wear two. Get one with more support and then another one that is just stretchy and wear them both.

Silverfire 04-16-2013 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lunarsongbird (Post 4708376)
I should also probably buy a bra, but I'm being stubborn, because I feel like in 10-20 pounds...it will be money wasted, because it wont fit right anymore.

THIS!^^

I just bought a new one a couple of weeks ago and already it feels like it isn't fitting right. I think I might be able to make it work longer by shortening the straps a bit.

I hate bra shopping. Right now I am kinda in between regular bra sizes and plus sizes. I have a smaller cup size and a larger band size and the plus size store's sup sizes are just a bit too big, and the regular stores band sizes are too small!! I need to find a magic anti-gravity bra for this wedding in June too!

As for sports bra's I am in the wear two camp at the moment. I just wear a regular bra, with an old ratty sports bra over top to keep the moment to a minimum. It works for now :D I don't want to be forking over big money for a new fancy sports bra just to have it not fit right in a couple of months.

berryblondeboys 04-16-2013 11:00 AM

I wear this one and it works well for me. seems similar in style to the Panache one. I might give the panache one a try too for some less drab colors!

http://www.movingcomfort.com/Maia/35...efault,pd.html

In that brand I can wear their DD just fine whereas in most bras I need an F.

elvislover324 04-16-2013 01:02 PM

I tried on a smaller sports bra that I had in my drawer this morning after thinking about this thread again. I almost choked myself with it half on. Thank God I managed my way back out of it. But it sure was funny after I was safely free!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

At least I know now I have one to wear in a month or so!!

LadyPurl 04-16-2013 01:08 PM

LOL!

I have one that does that to me. It is compounded by the fact that I have a bum shoulder so the act of getting off once it is choking me is comical I'm sure.