Joe

S/C/G: 405/249.5/281.5/220

Height: 6' 0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by time2lose View Post
Underwater and Joe,

What protein shakes do you like?

Thanks!
My favorite is the Atkins Cafe Mocha. Tastes really good-- if you like iced coffee. It is 160 calories, 15g protein. So creamy tasting. Both my wife and I really like this one.

The other one I drink which is good, but not as tasty as the Atkins, is the Pure Protein chocolate. That has 120 calories and 23g protein. My wife thinks this one has an aftertaste. I disagree.
joefla70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 02:56 PM   #17  
Starting over

S/C/G: 195/185/140

Height: 5'3"

Has anyone used one of these portion control tools for your plate?
http://www.amazon.com/Meal-Measure-P...+control+plate

I'm very tempted to get one.
veggiedawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 03:51 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 229/see ticker/135

Height: 62 inches

My Fitness Pal
3FC
The Zombies, Run game app
Endomondo app
Living in the country!
RavenWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 03:59 PM   #19  
Rachel

S/C/G: 295ish/278.4/145

Height: 5'5"

My number one weight loss tool, the key to my continuing success, would be knowledge. Knowledge of portion control, nutrition, whole foods vs. processed foods, hidden sugars, hydration, supplements, exercise, strength training, cardio & everything I've learned or relearned about maintaining a healthy body.

The internet has been crucial to providing knowledge, & before I started learning from y'all, I honestly think browsing the Health & Fitness section of Pinterest is what helped lead me to much of what I have learned. It's where I first heard of clean eating & how I decided I wanted to work out with kettlebells. At some point, casually filling my head with ideas of health & fitness lead to making me want to be healthy & fit!
Keep Moving Forward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 04:02 PM   #20  
Rachel

S/C/G: 295ish/278.4/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenWolf View Post
Living in the country!
I second that! Living out of the city makes it SO inconvenient to get fast food or go to restaurants, or drop by ice cream places! I love that
Keep Moving Forward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 04:05 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 175.6/173/135 & Fit

Height: 5ft8

Weight tracking app on my phone! It holds me accountable for what I eat and adds up all the calories! It also has a set amount of calories for me (1357=2 pounds a week)-which is adjusted as I lose weight. It scans bar codes for nutrition labeling. It tells me when I will reach my goal (October 12th) And it has this ummm... uhh GRAPH and whenever it shows I've lose weight I feel super happy and rewarded!

Last edited by wolfgirl69; 04-15-2013 at 04:07 PM.
wolfgirl69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 04:36 PM   #22  
One with the Wind and Sky

S/C/G: 360/246/150

Height: 5' 8"

A Food Journal. I track everything I eat by writing it down in a day planner. It helps me immensely when it comes to staying mindful of my eating, and helps me prioritize what I should be eating and even when I can splurge.

Protein Bars. These have been great to get me by for breakfasts (allowing me more calories later in the day) or as filling snacks and treats. I started with Atkins Bars, but switched out to Pure Protein Bars and eventually discovered Quest Bars. By far, the Quest ones seem the healthiest because they don't use artificial sweeteners or sugar alcohols, and to me they're chewy and satisfying. If you ever decide to try protein bars, read the labels and watch for added sugar, they're not all alike!

Protein Powder. I don't have them as often now, but whenever I make breakfast smoothies with frozen berries, spinach, and yogurt, I like to add a scoop of protein powder as a supplement. It makes for a yummy dessert-like treat that's completely reasonable in calories. I like to use the Pure Protein brand in the vanilla flavor, since it provides a neutral flavor for the berries and doesn't have artificial sweeteners.

Large Plastic Bowl with Lid. I have a specific bowl I fell in love with from Walmart, but of course any seal-able bowl will do. I chop up a big batch of salad to keep in the bowl for several days. Being tightly sealed can keep it fresh for over a week! And since it's so easy to pull it out, grab a serving, and stick it back in the fridge, I have no excuse not to get some fresh veggies in with each and every meal.

VitaCakes. With no preservatives and only 50 calories each, I can get my chocolate fix and not be tempted to go overboard and binge on them. I've found them at Walmart (in the freezer near the breakfast items), but they can also be ordered online.

Last edited by Elladorine; 04-15-2013 at 04:55 PM.
Elladorine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 04:44 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 335/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7 -171ish cm

Best weight loss tool? Old pictures of myself! Lol.
CherryQuinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 05:06 PM   #24  
F - Yeah, I'm doing this.

S/C/G: 297/*Ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

Digital sales (food and weigh)
Apples
Extra measuring cups/spoons (I have 3 sets of spoons now)
Holy Crap Cereal
Yogurt
Insulated water bottle (nothing grosser than room temp water!)
theberry.com's daily motivation
Bagged baby spinach
Quinoa
The interweebs
My Net Diary
Silverfire is offline   Reply With Quote