Getting out of the 290s!

You're on Page 11 of 15
Go to
  • Quote: Whoosh! 291.2 this morning! I am hoping to see a new decade by next weigh in (Sunday). That might be hoping for too much though.
    Nice!!! Good luck on getting there!
  • Im 291 so I got 2 pounds left to loose before I get in the 280's, I might already be there, I dont know, I only weigh when I go to the doctor's cause my mom says weighing at home will make me sad and make me not try anymore if I dont loose any or if I gain so I dont have a scale at home
  • Well, it doesn't look like anyone is posting her anymore, but since I find myself in the 290's I'm going to post to at least be accountable to myself. We moved last year and my bathroom scale got "lost" in a box that has yet to be unpacked. I was a weigh everyday kind of gal so to go almost a full year without weighing was unnerving. I finally broke down and got a new scale and almost cried when I saw my weight. THE MOST I HAVE EVER WEIGHED IN MY LIFE!!! I was 3lbs heavier than when I went into the hospital to deliver a baby! So I find myself in a place I haven't been in many years, the 290's. If you're in the same boat and want to join me I'll be checking in once a week or so. I don't have a weigh in day in mind yet to be official. I will be back on a low carb diet since it seems to be the thing that works best for me. And at some point I'll update my ticker.
  • No gagirl you're not alone. I'm at 296 myself but since it's been about three years since I've been below 300 I'll take it. Started December 26th of last year at 331 so I feel I have much to be grateful for. I've given up as much processed food as possible and enjoy a well rounded bounty of fresh edible delights. I've given up sweet tea except for one glass at dinner which seems to have really helped a lot. I excercise as much as I can...I love the endorphin rush it gives my brain....so much better than the mental boost from overeating. I think each person should do what works for them . My goal is to be 275 by the opening football game for the Chattanooga mocs on Sept 6 and walk my first charity fun run in August...
    So far this has been the best year I've had in quite a long time.
  • One step closer!
  • Oh my goodness....I'm so close now I can feel it!
  • happy for you guys
  • I am going to start posting in here to help me get out of 290s. I was 304 with work uniform so I am sure I am in the 90s some how. But I will post here until I am. No scale. Weigh in day is Tuesday. Can't wait first week back to calorie counting. And already I can tell when I wake up in the morning I can feel a emptiness in my stomach that I haven't felt in a while. I just have to post somewhere it keeps me accountable and helps with my weight loss. Very glad I start back getting healthy I feel such better already.
  • Skinnyki...great to have u here!
  • Nice to meet you, Skinnyki--and glad you're already feeling better. I love how quickly our bodies respond to change.
  • Weighed in at 274 today. It's been a good week. My daughter and I have started juicing. (I still eat what I normally do, just have added 1 litre of green juice per day.) I really feel a difference in my digestion and in my water retention.
  • Omg my weight this morning was 290.0-so close-need to really stay focused this week!
  • I was 290 lbs last week and this week 295 lbs! I am starting fresh and determined to get into the 280s. It is so sad how it creeps up on you. I have to weigh often to keep an eye on my weight or it gets away from me. I have the most trouble drinking enough water. I used to drink diet drinks but I don't believe they are healthy so water it is.
  • Im back to 290, I did get down to 284 which I will get there again or even lower
  • 291.4 today. The highest I have ever been. Very disappointed about that. But today is a new day. I have a new dr. and he wanted me to take belvique to help me lose weight so I took it this morning and am hoping that it helps me. Went to the store yesterday and loaded up with lots of fruits and veggies. For the first time in a long time I am looking forward to loosing weight.