Old 04-14-2013, 12:20 AM   #46  
One with the Wind and Sky

S/C/G: 360/246/150

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by immaculate View Post
Congratulations! Such exciting news! I'm so happy for you!!!
Thank you! It's such an exciting time right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by epicskyline View Post
That is incredible! Congratulations and good luck! I hope you don't leave us though!
Thanks! I'll still definitely be around, I still want to concentrate on my health and the members here help a lot with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandie View Post
OMG!!! Congrats!!!!!! So happy for you!
Aw, thanks you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkfit View Post
Congratulations!!!! How exciting
Totally, thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ataraxia3 View Post
Awwww!!!! that is awesome I am so happy for you!!
Thank you! We're pretty happy over here too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozzy View Post
Congratulations! I'm so happy for you!!!!
Thanks Mozzy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by inot700 View Post
Congratulations!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic Mama View Post
I am SO stinkin' excited for you!

I managed a very healthy diet through the last two pregnancies and it made the time pregnant AND recovery so much easier. I was under prepregnancy weight with my son and only have ten pounds left from my daughter (who is three weeks today). It also gave me stellar lipid panels, blood pressure, etc. Very, very worth it to control diet and continue exercise throughout pregnancy, as far as I can tell.

Have a happy, healthy, nine months!
Thanks Taryl! You're definitely a big inspiration for right now, as read so many posts about how well you were doing during your most recent pregnancy. I'm definitely sticking with the healthier eating, and just this past week I joined a new gym in favor of swimming. My first day back in the pool was the day before finding out I was pregnant, and I've heard swimming really good for the baby. I'm willing to bet my doctor will be happy with my current numbers, and I'm looking forward to seeing how well I can keep them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvislover324 View Post
Congratulations!!!

Edited to add since I couldn't do it from my phone earlier:

Thanks hun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitcherella View Post
Great news!
Thanks! We're so excited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by missunshine View Post
that's so great, congrats to you
my sister is 6 months pregnant and she was overweight and in her mid 30s so the doctor told her to control her blood sugar so she had to measure it after every meal and she actually lost 20 pounds during pregnancy which she never thought would be able to do. so just keep in check your food and you'll be ok good luck
Thanks! I have a history of diabetes, but managed to get my blood glucose under control through diet and exercise. I'm going to do my very best to keep eating healthy while making sure I'm getting enough nutrition. I feel I have this down pretty well so I'm looking forward to how well I can do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImImportant View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanG View Post
Congratulations!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior View Post
Fantastic news!!! Congratulations!!
Aw, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRH View Post
Congratulations--all the best!!!
Thank you so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlmostMe View Post
Congratulations!!!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryblondeboys View Post
Yay!!!! You can even make it a challenge for yourself to see how OP you can be.
But take care of that baby!
Thanks! And most definitely! I'm going into this with a great mindset, I think . . . I've already made a huge commitment to myself on eating healthy, and am really proud of how well I've done this year. It's become second nature, and now I have extra incentive to do the very best I can!

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliee View Post
Congratulations!!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefla70 View Post
Great news! Congrats!

Being pregnant doesn't mean you have to abandon your healthy eating. My wife had to go on a diabetic diet during her pregnancies because she developed gestational diabetes during her first pregnancy. Her Ob/gyn sent her to a dietician to set up a proper diet for her. Interestingly, its not that much different than the diet she is on now and losing weight with. So, she actually lost weight during her pregnancies because she was losing more fat than she was adding baby! Now, you're already eating healthy now, so that might not happen to you. Nevertheless, you could very well wind up at a lesser weight than you started after your child is born. The important thing is to do what your ob/gyn tells you to do to make sure that you're doing what's best for that baby.
Thanks! We'll see what happens. And thank you for sharing her story!

I've had diabetes in the past; it was undiagnosed at the time but I managed to put it into remission through my healthier habits. I'm extra careful about avoiding added sugars and simple carbs, and plan on keeping up with my healthy habits, especially since I believe that gestational diabetes might be a concern for me. I'm definitely discussing my diet with my doctors to get their opinions on what will be best for me and for the baby and to get follow-up on how I'm doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunarsongbird View Post
I know I've already said this before, but I'm SOOOOOO happy for you!! And I'm so glad to hear that you aren't scared! Hip hip hooray for your sticky bean!!

Think you'll stick around 3FC on the pregnancy board? I'd like to stalk you there. I'm hoping maybe the time you are due- I'll be getting pregnant- so I can use all your wise advice on not gaining too much during pregnancy (I hear that average american woman gains way more then necessary).

I can't find a great enough picture to portray my excitement. Perhaps this one will do:

Think DH will baby wear? Baby wearing husbands are super hot.
Thanks sweetie! I have a completely different mindset than I did last year, but to be fair it wasn't much of a surprise this time around.

I'm sure I'll still be hanging around, and once I get my first doctor visit down I'll be posting like crazy in the pregnancy section.

Not sure if the hubby will wear one of those, but he's definitely going to be very active with the baby, I've seen how he is with our niece. He's more impatient for the baby than I am.

Heh, and you have no idea how much of a Disney fan I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dichi View Post
Congratulations! I hope you have a happy and healthy 9 months.
Thank you very much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sluggerbean View Post
Congratulations!!!!! I am so very happy for you!!

You will do well. Keep us posted!!
Thank you so much! I'll definitely be sticking around with updates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by merilung View Post
Congratulations, lady!! This is a wonderful, beautiful, time of your life - thanks for letting us celebrate with you!!
Thank you! I've wanted a baby for so long and can hardly believe it's finally happening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by betsy2013 View Post
What wonderful news. I repeat what others have said -- please don't leave us!
Thank you! And don't worry, this place is like a second home to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roo2 View Post
:congra t::co ngrat:: )

What Joyous news!

There is nothing so happy as welcoming a Brand New Life into the world!

Savor every moment....Life is amazing ... Just right in the middle of an ordinary life ....You are greeted with a Miracle!

Blessing to you and your family! Roo2
Than you so much!!!

We welcomed another baby into the family last year (my niece) and I can only imagine how amazing this blessing is going to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thnknthin1 View Post
Congratulations!!! Wonderful news, so happy for you!!

Thank you thank you thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by opheliaphoenix View Post
I'm so excited for you!!! Congratulations and the very best of wishes for a super happy and healthy pregnancy!!!

Hope you stick around here to keep us updated!
Thank you! I'm going to do my very best to be healthy, and I do plan on sticking around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keep Moving Forward View Post
Congrats! How exciting! I'll keep you & baby in my prayers
Thank you so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluejaybythesea View Post
Gratz on the new kid! I am sure with the habits you've developed here your personal health goals wont be put on hold... Hey your health = baby health so it's win-win, amirite?
Thank you! And it's a definite win-win situation . . . healthy baby, healthier me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadedbluejeans View Post
Congratulations! I lost weight while pregnant, because I was so focused on healthy eating for the baby. The only difference between that program and now is that I didn't calorie count while pregnant. Best of luck to you; its a wonderful thing!
Thank you! I don't currently calorie count, but I'm actually thinking about starting just to ensure I'm not cutting too much. I'm staying with healthy choices, and in the meantime, eating a bit more than I regularly do until I can get more specific advice with my doctor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Em Coconut View Post
Congratulations!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garnet2727 View Post
Oh how wonderful! I'm so happy for you!
Thank you so much, hun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lecomtes View Post
I got the chills from reading this! CONGRATULATIONS! How wonderful...babies are some of the coolest people I know.
Thank you! I feel the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinforme View Post
Thats wonderful, congratulations!
Thank you so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by belovedspirit View Post
Congratulations! Best reason ever!
Thanks! I wouldn't have it any other way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moving Forward View Post
Congratulations! That won-der-ful news!
Thank you so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockItUp View Post
Oh my gosh!!! Congratulations!!! I actually gasped and scared my husband lol.
Thank you Stephanie! I can't wait to finally be a mom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggiedawg View Post
Congratulations! Have a happy and healthy 9 months!
Thank you! I'm especially looking forward to meeting the little one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodeogirl View Post
That's such great news!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by April Snow View Post
wonderful, wonderful news, congrats!!!

I second everyone who said to please stick around!

And I also agree that if you continue to stay active and follow a healthy eating plan, you'll be in the best position to grow a healthy baby and stay healthy yourself. Don't worry about the scale, as long as you are doing the right things, that number isn't going to be that relevant. Let your doctor track your weight, but you have much better things to focus on!
Thank you so much!

And I agree, I'm going to do my very best to get an appropriate amount of exercise and will work hard to stay eating healthy. I especially want to make sure I'm getting enough and will keep in touch with my doctor on these points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllyG47 View Post
I guess we won't be weight loss buddies in the Mothers Day Resolution thread. j/k Congratulations! That is so awesome that you'll finally get a baby. I also would like a baby but it will be a while since I'm single and that status probably won't be changing any time soon. I hope this pregnancy goes well for you and I am sure it will as long as you keep eating healthy and exercising.
Heh heh, I totally get ya. And thanks! I was looking forward to getting down to 175 with ya by the end of the year, but I guess I'll be thrown off by about a year. Totally worth it of course, and in the meantime I'll still keep eating healthy.

Lose that weight for me, alright? I'll live vicariously through you until I can get back on the wagon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogdaysofdiets View Post
Congratulations!!! I wish you a very happy and healthy nine months.
Thank you very much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by linJber View Post
What wonderful news! I hope the next 8 months fly by in a joyous and uneventful blur!

Lin
Thank you! I'm hoping so too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiefalls View Post
Yay!!! Congratulations to you!!
Thank you so much!
Elladorine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 07:52 AM   #47  
Gizmo

Such wonderful news, congratulations Elladorine! And how neat that you have already developed healthy habits that you can carry through your pregnancy and pass on to your child as he/she grows up!
Martine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 09:27 AM   #48  

S/C/G: Highest:266/T/Size 8

Height: 5'4

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!

Wishing you a VERY healthy and happy 9 months. So, very, very, very happy for you.
SarahFairhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 09:32 AM   #49  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

May I congratulate you also!! I follow your posts because you have done SO well and I admire your artistic-ness what kind of awesome plans do you have for decorating your child's room?
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 10:01 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 270?/See Ticker/185

Height: 5'9"

Congrats to you! He/she will be here before you know it! Mine is almost six months old--time flies.
fattymcfatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 11:05 AM   #51  
Vex
There is no try.

S/C/G: 281/T/140

Height: 5'6"

Default re:

Congratulations!
Vex is offline   Reply With Quote