Old 04-12-2013, 04:21 PM   #31  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockItUp View Post
First of all, that sketch is amazing. You are very talented!

Second, that is pretty much my exact shape. Of course it has gotten slimmer and smaller as I've lost, but the built in muffin! YES! That's exactly it! With NOTHING on I still have a muffin. It's maybe a mini muffin vs. the extra super large muffin before, but still a muffin nonetheless.
Wouldn't you say in both your cases that the built in muffin top is loose skin?
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 04:28 PM   #32  
Melissa

My best friend in the whole world has short, thick legs, a long waist and smallish boobs. She is always trying to tell me to try certain fashion tricks. Oh lordy NO WAY!

I'm long-legged, with a short waist and big boobs. I have a slightly larger hip than chest and broad shoulders.

Boy shorts on me??? Bad.... just like that photo showed.

I'm somewhere between an hourglass and a cello when I don't have excess weight. At my age (peri-menopause) I look more apple-ish because I gain most of the weight in the gut. I didn't used to - it used to be all over distributed, but it's changed with hormones changing. When I slim down it's hourglass/cello.
Old 04-12-2013, 05:23 PM   #33  
One with the Wind and Sky

S/C/G: 360/246/150

Height: 5' 8"

Thanks everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryblondeboys View Post
Wouldn't you say in both your cases that the built in muffin top is loose skin?
In my case, I can definitely say no. I currently measure 45" across my waist, 47" at the bottom (widest point) of my belly, and only 42" in the hip area, directly below where my stomach protrudes. I definitely have some loose skin going on but it's not yet hanging; there's still a whole lot of fat going on as well.

Even when I weighed 360, my legs were relatively small and my stomach was huge, folding over everything. I always felt like a marshmallow on toothpicks.
Elladorine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 05:52 PM   #34  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

Elladorine made me feel brave with her sketch. Soooooo, here I am in my swim suit (it's a looser tankini so I held it up cuz it isn't form fitting). I don't think my muffin is skin, I only have loose skin in the lower belly area. But anyway, maybe you gals can help me determine my shape so I can dress accordingly!

And in case you wondered. . .the lighting hides my stretch marks pretty well in this pic, but trust me they're all over my tummy, legs, and lower back.
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 06:06 PM   #35  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

I don't see a muffin there at all... Wow you look good!
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 06:10 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/145

Lockitup - I don't see a muffin top anywhere - mini or otherwise! (cute suit, btw) You look slim, fit and proportional to me
dancerindenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 06:15 PM   #37  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

I think I speak for all of us when I say that I think my body shape is great and just getting better.

Last edited by IanG; 04-12-2013 at 06:15 PM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 06:26 PM   #38  
Living Intuitively

S/C/G: Heavy/Happy/Free

Quote:
But anyway, maybe you gals can help me determine my shape so I can dress accordingly!
If I had your body- I'd just walk around nude all the time, because you're HAWT. LOL.

But really..I'm fashionably challenged.
lunarsongbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 06:29 PM   #39  
Living Intuitively

Also- this thread makes me want to put on a bikini and post it to the world- help me REALLY embrace my body, but I'm pretty sure I've been covering up my body for too long. I definitely don't own a bikini.
Old 04-12-2013, 06:37 PM   #40  
drifting downward!

S/C/G: (HW 194) 175/168/140

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Stephanie - you really truly objectively do look GREAT. I think I have more loose skin than you! (Which, if you compare our stats, just proves that whole 'genetics is a crapshoot' thing. Of course you have literally worked your butt off with some really intense weight training, too, and I'm sure that's helped!)

I think you may have more of a rectangular body shape, going from lunarsongbird's link. (http://www.sheknows.com/beauty-and-s...your-body-type) I'm no fashion expert by any means - but their suggested tips seem like they would work really well for you (layering, scoop necks, showing off your slender legs and arms).

You seriously look great, lady.
Desiderata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 07:34 PM   #41  
Living Intuitively

Well...that was interesting. I was all inspired by Stephanie. Rooted around for a bikini.....Nope. Long gone.
Dug around all my underwear drawers. And it was sad...I don't have one single set of bra/panties that match. Not ONE single one. I haven't looked at my body in a VERY long time. I throw on underwear, get the clothes on and leave.

Sure- I said I loved my body shape, but I guess that doesn't mean I love MY body. I need to work on that.

So here I am...a 210 pound cello. I have been covering up...for SO LONG.
I covered up on my honeymoon. I covered up on the first time I was intimate with Andrew. I'm here in tears...realizing that I covered up some pretty important things in my life. I don't think I want to do that anymore...

Besides- I'm thinking I look better not covered up. Until about a month ago- that literally was the swimsuit I was wearing to the gym. And yes- there have literally been times where I was wearing the same swimsuit as a grandmother in the spa. :: sigh :: Also- As I'm looking at my body shape- it does seem best to keep minimal fabric on my thighs. Andrew always told me that I looked good in thongs, but I couldn't IMAGINE that he could be correct. I mean...those things...they are practically nothing. But it turns out he was probably right...I wish I could have believed him. A HA! String bikinis! I need to buy string bikini underoos and some matching bras! DUH!

I've wondered for so long...since the day I met Andrew- "What could he see in this body?" But now 3FC has given me the courage to step back...way back (trying to see through Andrew's eyes was too close to the situation)...to try to see my body through 3FC's eyes... and what I see. Well...it's kind of beautiful.

I bet you all are beautiful too.

Last edited by lunarsongbird; 04-12-2013 at 08:25 PM.
Old 04-12-2013, 07:50 PM   #42  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Wow, thanks for the compliments!!! And thank you for the confirmation of my body shape and suggestions for clothes. I feel very lost in the fashion department. I kinda just buy all kinds of different stuff, which I guess is good for learning (thanks to thrift stores for making it cheap). It is hard adjusting to a new body and sometimes I think I don't see it accurately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunarsongbird View Post
Well...that was interesting. I was all inspired by Stephanie. Rooted around for a bikini.....Nope. Long gone.
Dug around all my underwear drawers. And it was sad...I don't have one single set of bra/panties that match. Not ONE single one. I haven't looked at my body in a VERY long time. I throw on underwear, get the clothes on and leave.

Sure- I said I loved my body shape, but I guess that doesn't mean I love MY body. I need to work on that.

So here I am...a 210 pound cello. I have been covering up...for SO LONG.
I covered up on my honeymoon. I covered up on the first time I was intimate with Andrew. I'm here in tears...realizing that I covered up some pretty important things in my life. I don't think I want to do that anymore...

Besides- I'm thinking I look better not covered up. Until about a month ago- that literally was the swimsuit I was wearing to the gym. And yes- there have literally been times where I was wearing the same swimsuit as a grandmother in the spa. :: sigh ::
You have the most LOVELY and feminine shape!!!! It's a process learning to love your body, it can be very difficult, but it helps to get feedback from others and I'm telling you that you should be proud of the way your body looks! You're a total bombshell!
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 07:58 PM   #43  
Living Intuitively

Quote:
It's a process learning to love your body, it can be very difficult, but it helps to get feedback from others and I'm telling you that you should be proud of the way your body looks!
I think you are right. It's unfortunate that there really isn't a place in society where that happens...well...certainly not when you are overweight. Besides- when we are unhappy with our bodies, we cover them up- so no one can see and comment. And while we are at it...we hide our bodies from ourselves, as well.

What an interesting conundrum.

Thank you for the compliment.
Old 04-12-2013, 08:15 PM   #44  
Rachel

S/C/G: 295ish/278.4/145

Height: 5'5"

I thiiiink I'm a short-legged cello. I have short arms too. Pretty much everything about me is short & fat, lol. I do, however, love my body shape. I love my short, little nose. I love my stubby, strong legs & my short feet. I would just like to be about 140lbs thinner so that I may love my body more!

It feels really great to be able to say I love my body. I haven't always loved it, & I used to hide it. I wondered how any man who was attracted to me could be attracted to me. But I wouldn't trade my body for anyone else's, it's mine & I love it.
Keep Moving Forward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 08:17 PM   #45  
Melissa

Lock it up - you look great and you SO don't have built in love handles. My 'guess' is that when you wear pants that fit you well enough not to fall off, that the loose skin creates a slight muffin top in clothes. If you wore the waist band looser, they might slide down otherwise.