3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Pics question (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/279535-pics-question.html)

Mozzy 04-11-2013 02:53 PM

Pics question

If you take pics to document your weight loss journey, how do you take the pics?

1. Do you take them of yourself in front of a full length mirror?
2. Do you use a camera and the self-timer function?
3. Do you have someone take pics of you? (Husband, boyfriend, etc)
4. Front view?
5. Side view?
6. Different angles?
7. Clothed or nude?

I ask because I'm curious and I'm debating if I want to change my current routine.

Mozzy 04-11-2013 02:54 PM

I take my pics myself in front of a mirror, front view only in a bikini.

Silverfire 04-11-2013 03:02 PM

I set up a camera with a timer for a front and side shot in my undies. I should take a couple progress shots come to think of it. I like being able to have a consistent location for me/my camera too. I stand in the same spot with the camera in the same spot. I like the front and side view the best because for me, most of my weight is in my belly that is all hanging out in the front. I can't see much of a difference from the front and I can totally see a difference from the side. I am thinking that I will start taking progress shots at the start of each month along with measurements (going to use that idea about printing a pic of myself marking where to measure so I get the same spot every time!)

Thinforme 04-11-2013 03:06 PM

Undies, front, sides and I use my mirror and take them myself.

lunarsongbird 04-11-2013 03:06 PM

Do you use a camera and the self-timer function? Yes.

Angles:
Front
Back
Left Side
Right Side

Clothed or nude? Clothed (work out shirt and pants) monthly; Nude quarterly

Sum38 04-11-2013 03:07 PM

I am going to regret this, but I just refused my hubby document my journey. I did not want to see the horror I had become. You will be happy that you did!!

I have hard time looking at myself right now (naked or in bra and panties), I take a quick , secret glimpse and hurry to get my spanx on.

If I were to be brave enough to take the pictures (I did entertain the idea...for a second), I would pick a bikini and use the same bikini for each photo shoot. I would have my DH take picture of my front/side/back... but like I said, I am not brave enough :o

I absolutely LOVE seeing peeps before and after shots. I envy their courage!

Tziri 04-11-2013 03:30 PM

I take them monthly in stretch pants and a t-shirt. Or I should say, I have my mom take them. I do back, side, front. Although I skipped last month since I didn't lose much. Which just reminded me that I need to take some today!
Also, I finally found a picture of me at my heaviest weight (thank you facebook lol). ACK!! Now I see a HUGE difference.

synger 04-11-2013 03:37 PM

Jogging bra and shorts over my belly.
Angle is front and side, with a camera in the mirror.
Every ten pounds.

the shiv 04-11-2013 04:25 PM

I take them every half stone on my iPhone, wearing the same clothes (tight black ones). If I stand the same distance from the mirror each time I can crop them to make them comparable. Back, front & side. The reversible camera helps, though if I could dig my SLR and tripod out I'd get much better results. But... I've started so I'll finish ;)

LockItUp 04-11-2013 04:41 PM

I take pics myself in a full length mirror in undies and a sports bra, front, side, and rear.

Mozzy 04-11-2013 05:25 PM

Thanks y'all!
I think I may need to do some side views....