3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   question for gonzostar (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/27946-question-gonzostar.html)

suzie76 05-26-2003 11:50 AM

question for gonzostar

Hey Holly,

I think you had mentioned that you like Minna Lessig's workouts, right?

I bought one of the Quick Fix dvds-I think it was called "total body." I tried one of the arm/leg workouts-wow! I only did one ten minute segment, and I was sweating buckets. Did it take a while for you to be able to do multiple segments?those tricpes exercises (french presses?) were tough for me.

I was also thinking of getting her dvd with Strength and Grace/Fat Eliminator workouts. Can klutzes handle these, or would I be hopeless at it? I get bored easily, and want to have a large library of different exercise tapes/dvds. I figure it's cheaper than a gym membership, anyway...

Just wondering which of her workouts you've tried, and how you liked them.

thanks,
sherry

gonzostar 05-26-2003 03:08 PM

i don't have the quick fix one. i have three:

strength & grace - it's got some yoga and pilates moves in it, lots of squats and lunges. it's pretty good.

fat eliminator - circuit training. this one is still pretty hard for me, but i like it. i haven't done it in a while cuz of swimming, so i don't remeber it super wwll.

emergency workout - this one is my favorite. it's just dance moves and such for the first 30 mintues, and then a light weights segment that's not too bad. it's really just fun and a good workout at the same time.

she's my favorite person on the tapes so far. in fact, i might buy the other ones someday, too. my roommate loves her also -- she tried a denise austin tape the other day and couldn't stand it. she said "i just have to have minna!"

suzie76 05-26-2003 09:26 PM

Hi Holly,

thanks! I think I'll have to work my way up to the cardio on the emergency workout-I tried it, but I"m not very coordinated at all. I'll try the strength training section, soon though.

I think the Fat Eliminator is beyond my capabilities right now, but it's something to shoot for.

I think you'd like the Quick Fix dvd-nine different ten minute workouts-you can even program up to three in order. The different types are: "arms and legs," "behind" and "abs."

I can't take Denise Austin's whiny voice. I tried watching her workout on Lifetime and shut it off!

Have you ever tried workouts by Leisa Hart-I like her instruction-she does some of the "Steel" tapes (thighs of steel, etc) I don't have any of those, but I bought this set called "Ball Aero' It's six videos, two each of beginner, intermediate and advanced. They use weighted balls-from two pounds for the beginner, four pound for intermediate, and six pound for advanced. Each level has one tape of three ten minute segments-either aerobics or strength/toning.

suzie76 05-26-2003 09:28 PM

Hi Holly,

thanks! I think I'll have to work my way up to the cardio on the emergency workout-I tried it, but I"m not very coordinated at all. I'm only up to using Leslie Sansone tapes, which is about the most basic you can get. I'll try the strength training section, soon though.

I think the Fat Eliminator is beyond my capabilities right now, but it's something to shoot for.

I think you'd like the Quick Fix dvd-nine different ten minute workouts-you can even program up to three in order. The different types are: "arms and legs," "behind" and "abs."

I can't take Denise Austin's whiny voice. I tried watching her workout on Lifetime and shut it off!

Have you ever tried workouts by Leisa Hart-I like her instruction-she does some of the "Steel" tapes (thighs of steel, etc) I don't have any of those, but I bought this set called "Ball Aero' It's six videos, two each of beginner, intermediate and advanced. They use weighted balls-from two pounds for the beginner, four pound for intermediate, and six pound for advanced. Each level has one tape of three ten minute segments-either aerobics or strength/toning. She does some dance moves, and has a live band on the set. I really like her instruction-very clear and encouraing, but not loud and annoying at all.

Sorry I posted this twice-

Take care and thanks,
Sherry