Calorie Goal and Exercise Goal

• Hi everyone... I am so inspired by all of you here. It seems so many of you are kicking butt... and I'm still all over the place and can't even lose 5lbs!!! I am so curious to know... what are your "calories eaten" goals and "calories burned" goals for a typical day?

Thanks for sharing. It will help me immensely!! I have dieting ADHD!!!!!
  • I eat about 1300 calories a day, exercise 30 mins a day
  • Thank you, Mozzy. Did you start at 1300 when you were at your highest weight? Do you get hungry?
  • Right now I'm aiming for 1500 on rest days, about 1800 on intense workout days (lifting and/or running). Throughout the majority of my weight loss I jumped around between 1200 and 1800, depending on my activity level for the day. Some days are perfectly fine, some days I'm really hungry -- but for me the hunger thing can happen at any calorie level because sometimes there's just not enough food in the world to fill me up.

I lift 3 days a week, aim for yoga 2 times a week, and try to get a run or 2 in every week. Usually 1-2 complete rest days.
  • I'm at 1590 calories per day. I don't have an exercise goal right now other than to walk a bit every day. I walk until my knee gives or my ankles start burning. I just finished physical therapy for my feet and ankles and I'm taking things slowly so I don't injure myself again.
  • I eat between 1375 and 2000 calories a day at my current weight - aiming for the 1375 but not unhappy as long as I stay under 2k. This gives me some flexibility/grace.

As I lose weight both these numbers will drop.

I have just started adding walking - currently I walk to the store and back several evenings per week which is 2 miles round trip. I'm planning to add more as time goes by.
  • 1540 for rest days, 1300-1650 on exercise days! It just varies from day to day! I try to exercise at least 4 days a week, sometimes 6 with at least one day of rest!
  • i try to keep it under 1500 calories every day...most days i do that, and if i go over it's not by more than a few hundred calories...i run HIIT interval sprints on the treadmill for workout as well as fast-paced walking on the treadmill at high incline settings...i do that at least 4-5 times a week if i can
  • My calories are between 1600 and 2000 for the day, and usually end up around 1850. For exercise, I do 30 minutes of something (either strength training or cardio) 6 out of every 7 days.

I've been losing 2 to 3 lbs/week since the middle of Jan. For me, the biggest thing is that I log EVERYTHING I eat each day - no "guesstimating" calories.
  • I eat between 1600 - 1700 calories a day, but when I started I was eating closer to 2100. I use an app that calculates my calorie limit and adjust it as I enter my weekly weight. You might try comparing a bunch of them (Lose it!, My Fitness Pal, etc.). They'll probably all give you different numbers, but it would give you a ball park to start with.
  • Thanks, everyone. That really helps. Most of my days are around 1650 and I'm still not losing. Seems I might need to take it lower. I also need to get serious about exercising regularly.
  • I have IR and PCOS, so I lose very slowly. I aim for 1200-1400 calories a day, and very low carb. This allows me to get in the "sweet spot" of low-carbing where I don't have much hunger, and very few cravings.
  • I aim for 1200 a day (though I don't sweat it too bad if I'm over 1200 but still under 1600) and 300 exercise minutes a week.
  • Quote: Thank you, Mozzy. Did you start at 1300 when you were at your highest weight? Do you get hungry?
    When I started counting calories I ate between 1350 and 1400 calories. I lowered slowly to 1250-1300.
  • I try to get up to 1200 calories a day but usually it's under cause I'm on low carb and not hungry. Do try to get all my nutrients though.

For excercise, I walk or hike an average of 2 hours a day throughout the week. I also do a small amount of Pilates and dumbell weights (5lbs)

I lose an average of 1/2 pound a day.